Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → What do you think will happen if you buy someone's soul?
What do you think will happen if you buy someone's soul?
2007-04-23, 6:22 AM #1
I was thinking - what if you go to some bum, ask him how much his soul's worth, and if it's within $50, pay him and ask him to sign some sort a contract (preferably with his blood). How do you think will this impact him?
幻術
2007-04-23, 6:29 AM #2
Depends on the bum. I guess he'd be like "Hey, I'm worth WAY OVER $50" first.

Or I'd be. Whatever.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2007-04-23, 6:35 AM #3
I'd realize I was a fool for buying things that don't exist and probably kill myself.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2007-04-23, 6:39 AM #4
I do not know.
2007-04-23, 6:40 AM #5
<brian> Why buy?
Sorry for the lousy German
2007-04-23, 6:44 AM #6
How can we be sure that he hasn't already sold his soul to some other guy who got the idea first? It's not like, if you offer him $50, he's going to turn it down and say "Sorry, but I already sold it to this other guy." He'll take your money, and then when the time comes to claim his soul, all you'll get is your $50 back because it wasn't his to sell anymore.

This is a problem, I think.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2007-04-23, 6:45 AM #7
There's a hobo in town this would probably work on. He was pissed out of his skull (at about 2pm), and when I walked past him he prostrated himself on the ground and worshipped me.

"Oh noes! Teh Devil in teh white suitesh tryin' ta take mah teef!"
2007-04-23, 6:47 AM #8
You'd just have wasted $50.
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2007-04-23, 7:26 AM #9
It would be hard with a bum, but if some normal person sold his soul, and happened to die before you, you could go to his funeral (especially if he was a christian or of any other religion paying attention to deceased) and tell the relatives his soul isn't going to heaven or anywhere unless you release it. That would be positively evil and might shock a few people and piss off many.
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2007-04-23, 7:49 AM #10
I thought I remembered someone trying to sell their soul on Ebay. Ebay closed the auction (no way to display or deliver the product), but the highest bid was only 5 cents.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2007-04-23, 12:32 PM #11
Nothing.

Souls don't exist. :P
2007-04-23, 12:35 PM #12
The bum just sold NOTHING for $50.00. And there's nothing keeping him from doing it again, you fool.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2007-04-23, 12:39 PM #13
Sure there is. That's fraud. :v:
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2007-04-23, 1:06 PM #14
Buying someone's soul is the equivalent of a spiritual "I've got your nose".
2007-04-23, 1:32 PM #15
Originally posted by Impi:
<brian> Why buy?

:psyduck:
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-04-23, 5:08 PM #16
You're assuming that the soul is something that can be sold. It's the equivalent of selling someone your dreams.

"Yeah, sure dude... you can have my dreams... bleh heh heh heh bleck..."
Wikissassi sucks.
2007-04-23, 5:12 PM #17
Or maybe its like trying to sell happiness.

Oh.

Wait.

:ninja:
2007-04-23, 6:28 PM #18
Hopefully not much. I sold my soul for some corn chips 4 years ago.
Aquapark - Untitled JK Arena Level - Prism CTF

↑ Up to the top!