Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Ace Combat.
Ace Combat.
2007-04-26, 7:02 PM #1
...Is the most intense and amazing game i have ever played! This game [I played the Belkan War] Is the greatest combat flight game in the history of my very existence! I just cant comprehend how great it is! The music [WHERE THE HELL CAN I GET IT?] The storyline [Surprising good, especially for a combat flight game] and above all the gameplay. Hunting down ace fighters while being targeted by AA and avoiding missles and even near the end freaking mini nuclear bombs is the greatest thing in the history of mankind.

Discuss how awesome the ace combat series is.
Im gonna go kick Pixies for killing PJ and trying to kill people and stuff.
2007-04-26, 7:37 PM #2
I don't know anything about how good the series is but now that it is a timed exclusive for the premier platform I may have a chance to pick it up.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2007-04-26, 9:34 PM #3
i have ace combat X for PSP... i enjoy it... i've played the 2 PS2 ace combat games and they were good

can't wait until they release the new one

and there are better flight combat games... just most of them won't run on your computer
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2007-04-26, 9:48 PM #4
Here is the 100% accurate review of all Ace Combat games (starting at 4):

Graphics - Pretty Good, Except For The Explosions
Music - Bad
Story/Voice Acting - Bad
Playing Experience - AWESOME

They are pretty much the best thing ever, the music is really cheesy (it's mostly a combination of 80s metal guitar riffs and synthesized orchestras) and the dialogue is terrible (e.g. "Is something wrong with your plane?" "Nah...I'm just sad.") but the gameplay is great, and it's really fun to blow stuff up (even if the explosions kind of suck).

They're kind of the equivalent of watching b-movies for fun. Definitely recommended. :v:
2007-04-26, 10:31 PM #5
Morpheus 1, Fox 2, Fox 2!
2007-04-27, 12:44 AM #6
Originally posted by Lord Kuat:
Morpheus 1, Fox 2, Fox 2!

Today's my birthday! A victory sure would be nice.
2007-04-27, 4:47 AM #7
You'd love crimson skies.
2007-04-27, 5:15 AM #8
Originally posted by Martyn:
You'd love crimson skies.

Seconded. Very fun pvp experience as well.
2007-04-27, 2:40 PM #9
Crimson Skies says it will work fine on my compy....
2007-04-27, 3:30 PM #10
they should make a new crimson skies for xbox360
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2007-04-27, 5:45 PM #11
I'm pretty sure it's Mobius 1 isn't it? The last Ace Combat game I played was 5, I skipped out on Zero because of poor reviews. 5 was really good though, better than four overall.
2007-04-27, 5:50 PM #12
It's Mobius all right :v:

I've been playing through 4 again, that cruise missiles mission is REALLY frustrating :(
2007-04-27, 6:50 PM #13
Originally posted by Cloud:
I'm pretty sure it's Mobius 1 isn't it? The last Ace Combat game I played was 5, I skipped out on Zero because of poor reviews. 5 was really good though, better than four overall.

Whoops, my bad.

Zero isn't that bad. I rather liked it.

↑ Up to the top!