Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → What the hell is wrong with the Japanese?
What the hell is wrong with the Japanese?
2007-04-28, 2:04 PM #1
[http://www.cs.rit.edu/~cmd2803/PokeWTF.jpg]
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2007-04-28, 2:06 PM #2
So is this what you do on your spare time?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2007-04-28, 2:25 PM #3
Hawt.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2007-04-28, 2:26 PM #4
What would you expect from a Pokemaniac? (I assume that's what he is)

Is that the new game? Nothing will top the originals, but is it at least as good as Gold/Silver?
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2007-04-28, 2:30 PM #5
It's Pokemon Diamond, the new DS game.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2007-04-28, 2:35 PM #6
I tend to blame any Japanese strangeness on the splitting of the atom.
Why do the heathens rage behind the firehouse?
2007-04-28, 2:53 PM #7
Looks like that mon is getting some good poke, no?
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2007-04-28, 4:05 PM #8
Fishy fishy fish, what's your Friend Code?

Mine is 4725 4422 7029. I have Pearl so we can trade uniques and stuff :o
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-04-28, 6:06 PM #9
Can you trade Mewtwo and other stuff from the Red and Blue to this version?
Back again
2007-04-28, 6:28 PM #10
1 It's better then gold/silver
2 Yes, you can trade that stuff
3 if you own fire-red or any other on gba, you can plug it into the gba slot, have the new pokemon in the ds slot, and then in a certain safari area all the pokemon you can catch will be the ones you own on the gba game.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2007-04-28, 6:52 PM #11
Originally posted by Warlockmish:
Can you trade Mewtwo and other stuff from the Red and Blue to this version?

Fire-red and Leaf-green, yes. GBC doesn't work.

You can get the 2nd generation starts and legendaries in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. But yeah, what Deadman said. After seeing the first 150 pokemon in Sinnoh you unlock the Pal Park, where you can catch pokemon migrated from the GBA games.

Fish, you want help evolving your Graveler to Golem? I'll be more than willing to do that for free

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-04-28, 7:42 PM #12
dammit, I wish I could get my ds to work online ><
My wii goes online, why not my ds? ARGH
2007-04-28, 8:27 PM #13
Does it even detect a wireless access point? You can always get a wireless USB adapter for PC

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-04-28, 8:48 PM #14
yeah, it detects the wirless access point.
And just now, it's worked for the first time. So I'm happy
Now to get a mew somehow >_>
2007-04-28, 9:13 PM #15
Mew is only obtainable (legit) from pokemon emerald or a nintendo event.

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-04-28, 9:17 PM #16
wait.. it's obtainable in emerald? I have emerald!
And yeah, I used to have a mew on pokemon blue, got it off someone who got it off someone who went to the event.
Cloned of course. But I don't care if it's cloned, so long as it isn't hacked.
2007-04-28, 9:23 PM #17
Yeah, Serebii.net says it's on 'Faraway Island'. Wherever that is

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-04-28, 9:26 PM #18
oh.. the island that is almost never there
2007-04-29, 2:16 AM #19
From Robot Chicken (adults only)

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/175821/pokemon/
(\_/)
(o.o)
(")(")
The bunny sees all,
the bunny knows all,
the bunny is always watching.
2007-04-29, 8:27 AM #20
Quote:
What the hell is wrong with the Japanese?

No one really knows. It may always be a mystery. I personally think it's the mercury.
2007-04-29, 11:53 AM #21
There was actually a "legit" way to get mew on the original Red/Blue without gamesharking or getting it from an event.

Too bad they only figured it out a couple years after the Pokemon/Mew craze died :( So many countless hours as a child trying to figure out how to get the thing ... then I had to get a gameshark

http://www.princeton.edu/~jdonald/pokemon/pokemon_mew_glitch.txt
一个大西瓜
2007-04-29, 12:44 PM #22
I wish I could find my gameboy. The only game I ever played was pokemon blue, and the top of the cartridge was all faded and chipped because it never came out, while the rest was pristine and pretty.

How I loved that game. *weeps*
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2007-04-29, 1:29 PM #23
I found my Yellow cartridge recently. Wish I could find my Red and Gold. Oh well, I've got Leafgreen.

Because the DS also has a GBA slot, is it possible to trade with yourself in this new game?
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
2007-04-29, 1:39 PM #24
Originally posted by Chaz Ghostle:
I found my Yellow cartridge recently. Wish I could find my Red and Gold. Oh well, I've got Leafgreen.

Because the DS also has a GBA slot, is it possible to trade with yourself in this new game?

Not exactly trade. Once you complete the Sinnoh dex (See the 150 pokemon native the the region without a pokeradar) and get the National dex (all 480+ pokemon) you gain access to the Pal Park, where your team from the GBA game is migrated into it and you have to catch them in the park (with 100% success balls of course).

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-04-29, 2:46 PM #25
the only pokemon you cannot get without the PAL park are the old legendaries and the old starters. You can obtain the rest either right away or by going to a certain area with a gba pokemon game in the gba slot. this means that all you will need to get a complete pokedex is fire-red, leaf-green, ruby and saphire. things you can do to get more are change the form of deoxys in game, dig up multiples of the old fossils (the new ones are version exclusive).
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2007-04-29, 3:20 PM #26
I still haven't found a helmet fossil :( Dangit

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-04-29, 3:44 PM #27
So I can't really get the original 3 starters until I've beaten all/most of the major plot points?
2007-04-29, 3:56 PM #28
Originally posted by Glyde Bane:
Does it even detect a wireless access point? You can always get a wireless USB adapter for PC

Which it should be noted here doesn't work with Vista. :(

2007-04-29, 4:31 PM #29
Originally posted by The Mega-ZZTer:
Which it should be noted here doesn't work with Vista. :(

Wow. That's terrible :(

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-04-29, 10:17 PM #30
I always thought those Mew glitches were just full of crap.

I used a gameshark.
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2007-04-30, 2:26 PM #31
Originally posted by Chaz Ghostle:
So I can't really get the original 3 starters until I've beaten all/most of the major plot points?

Yeah, I was pretty disappointed when I found that out too
2007-04-30, 2:41 PM #32
You can easily find them online. I traded a TM from a gym leader that I didn't need for a squirtle egg.

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-04-30, 8:33 PM #33
Egg... Good idea.

I just bought the game. Someone give me eggs of Squirtle, Charmander, and Bulbasaur. Honestly, they could make a thousand pokemon, and I'd still only need those 3 to be happy.
2007-05-02, 5:47 AM #34
Me I'd want a couple of Mews, (just to save on having to worry about who will use what HM) Squirtle and Ghastly
2007-05-02, 8:39 PM #35
ooh, i bet the japanese players who preordered pokemon colesium are going to make a killing in celebi trades (seeing as that is the only non-event way of getting them)
2007-05-02, 8:50 PM #36
also, i am just saying tha i am trying to finish pokemon colesium and pokemon firered and pokemon ruby by june so i can have all the starters and as many legendaries as possible ready. I will even have the jirachi that i got from pokemon channel.
2007-05-03, 11:35 AM #37
The Japanese are insane:

http://www.weirdasianews.com/2007/05/03/nintendo-to-release-no-touch-breasts-fight/
2007-05-03, 11:38 AM #38
lulz?
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2007-05-03, 11:49 AM #39
That picture...

Hahahaha
2007-05-03, 7:01 PM #40
Quote:
Gamers can blow into the mic to simulate blowing a whistle or spitting in an attacker’s face,

I don't know about you but if I could make a game that involved female players blowing or spitting into a device, I wouldn't waste it on a self defense game :ninja:
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!

↑ Up to the top!