Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → When you were a college freshman...
When you were a college freshman...
2007-04-29, 11:46 AM #1
Freshman just to make it simple, since a lot of people pledge or move off-campus or whatever as upperclassmen.

If you chose one of the "...but not by choice" choices, what was your first choice?

Also post room(mate) stories if applicable.

[edit: err, "Double," = "Double, but not by choice"]

This is not a Pommy's Poll.
一个大西瓜
2007-04-29, 11:50 AM #2
There are single and double for dorm rooms here. And suites and such. But a triple and a quad? Like 3 and 4 beds in one room? Well, I never seen that here.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2007-04-29, 12:04 PM #3
Single. I HATE living with people and their crap.

We had a shared bathroom. I already made a thread about it.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-04-29, 12:12 PM #4
The college was less than 3mi away from home. No need to move. :)
woot!
2007-04-29, 12:12 PM #5
I think I live(d) in a quad?

Technically I just live with one crazy ballerina but we share a kitchen and a bathroom with two other equally off balance individuals.

I move out in less than two weeks, yay :D
"Art is a lie that makes us to realize the truth."
- Pablo Picasso

blog thingamajig
2007-04-29, 12:19 PM #6
We started with 3 people in a 2 person room. One of us got kicked out after around 3 weeks or so.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2007-04-29, 12:19 PM #7
Where did that person go?
一个大西瓜
2007-04-29, 12:24 PM #8
I'm not exactly sure, I think he got a room of someone that dropped out, or was a no show? Who knows. (I never really talked to him once he left)
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2007-04-29, 12:28 PM #9
My college was only ~6 miles away from my parents' home, so I stayed.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2007-04-29, 12:34 PM #10
yea, i'm at home

its convient and bothersome at the saaame time
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2007-04-29, 1:07 PM #11
Triple, but it was in the room the size of a double. :suicide:
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2007-04-29, 1:19 PM #12
I'll find out in September I guess.
nope.
2007-04-29, 1:24 PM #13
Double. My roommate was awesome. We were one of the few pairs on the hall that got along.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2007-04-29, 1:39 PM #14
I've been going to a community college since 2002. Still living at home ever since.
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2007-04-29, 2:12 PM #15
At home. Dorms were not built at my college until...2004.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2007-04-29, 2:13 PM #16
I lived in a room with one other guy, and the 38 people on the floor shared one big bathroom. That is usually standard fare here as a freshman, though this year the freshman class was so big that they had to put three freshmen into a number of the two-person rooms - not fun.

Now I'm in an apartment with three other guys. Two people share one bathroom, and there is a common area and kitchen.
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2007-04-29, 2:17 PM #17
I live with four other guys, but we live in separate rooms and share kitchen, bathroom and bog.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2007-04-29, 2:28 PM #18
Double.
My roommate my freshemen year was randomly assigned and we had nothing at all in common exept that we were both pretty good at tollerating each other.
My next roommate I roomed with for the next three years. I miss that guy.

[edit]Tony, what's a bog?
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
2007-04-29, 2:31 PM #19
freshman year: double. got stuck with a random guy that was very :downs:
sophomore year: triple with two of my buddies.
junior year: 4 bedroom apartment.
senior year: getting an off campus 2 bedroom apartment with a buddy. (hopefully)
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2007-04-29, 4:13 PM #20
  • Freshman: Double. Didn't get to choose, they paired me with an OK guy. Except he liked to sleep all day. Probably still does.
  • Sophomore: I'm lazy so I didn't change the arrangement. Roommate changes major from CS to business. Traitor. :mad:
  • Junior: My roommate decided he wanted a single, so I got one too. I wonder why the hell I didn't do it before. I don't have to worry about waking up a roommate.
  • Senior: I forgot to go to the room drawing and don't remember until school was almost out the previous year. I still manage to get a single. Yay.

2007-04-29, 5:02 PM #21
Originally posted by djwguitarman:
[edit]Tony, what's a bog?

It's Brit for toilet.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2007-04-29, 5:52 PM #22
I go to The College of William and Mary and all freshman are required to live on campus. I'm in a double, but it shares a bathroom with another double so technically its a suite. My roommate and I met online last summer, we're both on the track team so we decided to live together. Our suite mates are both on the baseball team here and they are pretty chill. Next year my roomie and I got a 3 bedroom apartment just off campus and are living with another guy on the team. Should be pretty sweet.
yay for not posting much ever
2007-04-29, 6:10 PM #23
Freshman was with a guy who I keep in touch with now and then.
Sophmore was with the most introverted guys I've ever met. The guy was completely antisocial - he only had one friend (from his own town) and refused to join me and my friends, even for something as non-alcoholic as going to see a movie.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2007-04-29, 10:21 PM #24
Double, but I'll be late for work if i post stories! :P
2007-04-30, 8:28 AM #25
Home. Probably won't move out until I finish (2009 in a perfect world).
2007-04-30, 8:55 AM #26
I pay rent to my aunt and uncle to live in the upstairs room.
Naked Feet are Happy Feet
:omgkroko:
2007-04-30, 10:23 AM #27
I accidentally voted (not by choice) on suite.

I'm going to be moving into an apartment style (suite, I assume) dorm complex. Two two-bed rooms, a bathroom or two, and a kitchen, living area. I chose this because I've stayed in stuff like it before and enjoyed it. No idea how it's going to work out this time.
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2007-04-30, 10:52 AM #28
My first semester I lived off campus in a house with 2 other guys. There was a third guy who slept on the couch all the time, but didn't pay rent.
2007-04-30, 11:00 AM #29
Freshman Year: Lived with three other dudes for one semester. One of them dropped out. Lived with remaining 2 for second semester.
Sophomore Year: Lived with one of the 2 guys from second semester freshman year.
Junior year: Lived with 3 girls and the same dude from freshman year in a big house for 6 months, then moved out into a one bedroom apartment.
Senior year: Continued to live in single bedroom apartment from Junior year for first semester. Second semester I moved in with my girlfriend and that's where I'm currently staying for another year because my school changed our academic requirements 3 times in my tenure here and now I have to take an extra semester. Jerks.
>>untie shoes
2007-04-30, 11:20 AM #30
Originally posted by Antony:
Second semester I moved in with my girlfriend and that's where I'm currently staying for another year because my school changed our academic requirements 3 times in my tenure here and now I have to take an extra semester. Jerks.

That sucks. When our requirements change it only affects new students. If you're already registered in the program you get to graduate with the requirements that were set out when you first started your program, sort of a grandfather rule.
2007-04-30, 12:18 PM #31
Well... the good part about it is now I don't have to take a few classes that I really didn't want to take... but now I have to take a few extra classes that I don't mind taking. It's just going to cost 16,000 bucks.
>>untie shoes
2007-04-30, 12:23 PM #32
I lived in a triple in the dorms for a semester. It was cool, but I found better living arrangements after that.
Pissed Off?
2007-04-30, 12:27 PM #33
Lived in a double with a random roommate freshman and sophomore years. Both years I got along well with them, but didn't really become good friends or anything. Next year I've got a single.
Why do the heathens rage behind the firehouse?
2007-04-30, 7:27 PM #34
Double for the first half of the year, then single for the second half.

My roommate that year (last year) had a lot of crap hit him at once -- caught bronchitis, girlfriend broke up with him, appendix nearly exploded.... resulted in his not coming back second semester. What rotten luck.
May the mass times acceleration be with you.

↑ Up to the top!