Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The latest school faculty member having sex with an underaged student comes from...
The latest school faculty member having sex with an underaged student comes from...
2007-04-30, 3:49 PM #1
...my former classmate at my former high school.

http://www.ktvb.com/news/localnews/stories/ktvbn-apr3007-palmer.2309603b.html

:awesome:

I got a call this morning from a friend in Boise telling me about this. My roomies and I all had a pretty good laugh, because one of them won some old bet he made in our junior year that she was a lesbian. (I'm sure Free caught this on Fark already.)
omnia mea mecum porto
2007-04-30, 3:53 PM #2
Of course she's a lesbian! Look at her!
2007-04-30, 4:01 PM #3
Our middle school PE instructor was bi/lesbian, my friends told me some disturbing behaviors from behind the locker room doors. Then a couple years later, she was arrested for attempted murder after her girlfriend got knocked up :P
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2007-04-30, 4:18 PM #4
Fun story: my old next door neighbor was best friends with Mary K. Laterno and her husband was Mary K. Laterno's lawyer. She babysat me a lot and she took me along one time to help Mary K. Laterno pack before she got locked up and all that fun stuff. I was too young at the time to realize the situation, though. I thought she was just moving.
"Art is a lie that makes us to realize the truth."
- Pablo Picasso

blog thingamajig
2007-04-30, 4:23 PM #5
Didn't she end up marrying the kid she had sex with?
omnia mea mecum porto
2007-04-30, 4:41 PM #6
Well, she is a softball coach, so lesbian thoughts probably were made with good foundation
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2007-04-30, 4:45 PM #7
Why is it that when I see "battery" I think of someone getting the **** pounded out of them yet when I read this article all it sounds like is that this woman touched this girl in her "special spot?"
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2007-04-30, 10:49 PM #8
Because the media likes shocking and attention-grabbing phrases?
omnia mea mecum porto
2007-04-30, 10:53 PM #9
Originally posted by JediGandalf:
Why is it that when I see "battery" I think of someone getting the **** pounded out of them yet when I read this article all it sounds like is that this woman touched this girl in her "special spot?"

Seriously.

When I think of female female sexual battery I'm thinking of like bruised cooter or something.
2007-04-30, 11:03 PM #10
Originally posted by Roach:
...my former classmate at my former high school.

http://www.ktvb.com/news/localnews/stories/ktvbn-apr3007-palmer.2309603b.html

:awesome:

I got a call this morning from a friend in Boise telling me about this. My roomies and I all had a pretty good laugh, because one of them won some old bet he made in our junior year that she was a lesbian. (I'm sure Free caught this on Fark already.)

Funny that it happened at our old high school, but she started a year or two after we graduated. That's no fun. :(

Oh, wait. I recognize that name. She was actually a student in our graduating class, wasn't she?! Her picture was right next to mine in the yearbook. Haha!
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2007-04-30, 11:11 PM #11
Yeah, really quiet, talks like she has something up her nose...
omnia mea mecum porto
2007-04-30, 11:22 PM #12

Edit: removed the names of the other people.. Woops!

Oh, by the way, the girl three pictures below me is Chrissy Popadics, the head cheerleader that was proposed to on national television by Broncos runningback Ian Johnson after winning the Fiesta Bowl.
Attachment: 16158/untitled.JPG (9,162 bytes)
Attachment: 16159/Picture4.JPG (98,774 bytes)
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2007-04-30, 11:26 PM #13
Her head is shaped like an upside down egg.

Dare I say she even has a forehead that rivals mine?
2007-04-30, 11:29 PM #14
Hahaha, we had a lot of weird looking kids at our school.
omnia mea mecum porto
2007-04-30, 11:44 PM #15
Pics or it didn't happen.

On a more serious note... Wtf?
If my smoking bothers you, don't breathe.
2007-04-30, 11:51 PM #16
Originally posted by Roach:
(I'm sure Free caught this on Fark already.)

I was at work. :gonk:

I wish I could go back in time and post her yearbook photo at the top of the thread. It might have swayed the general consensus from "I'd hit it if nothing else is available" to "I'd hit it!" But now the thread's dead. :(
2007-05-01, 12:07 AM #17
I just like that some of them were convinced she was in Jersey even though that Lauren looked nothing like her.
omnia mea mecum porto
2007-05-01, 10:11 AM #18
Originally posted by Freelancer:
Chrissy Popadics

hahahaha
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2007-05-01, 11:42 AM #19
You Americans are nuts. Arresting some woman for just touching a 16 year old girl? Sexual BATTERY? LOL. It's not like she tied her down to her bed and raped her and beat her on the head with a dildo repeatedly now, is it?

EDIT: for Great Justice!
幻術
2007-05-01, 12:15 PM #20
Originally posted by Emon:
hahahaha

Yeah, I remember Free mentioning in the Fiesta Bowl thread that they all made fun of her for that in school.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2007-05-01, 12:17 PM #21
It really depends on the state. In some it would be perfectly legal, though the fact that it is teacher/student would almost definitely result in the teacher getting fired. But these sorts of things happen anyway. My high school lost its choir director halfway through my senior year because he'd apparently had sex with a former student (shortly after she graduated). He didn't technically get fired (forced to resign), and they did a pretty good job of not telling anyone the reason for it. I only know because it was mentioned in passing in an article on the back page of the Midlands section months later when another school district hired him as a consultant but let him go once they found out about the incident. When my mother was in high school, there was a girl who was always hanging around with one of the teachers. Shortly after this girl graduated, the teacher divorced his wife and married her. They are still together.

I wouldn't doubt that this story got more press than it would have if this hadn't been a lesbian relationship. As for the use of the term "battery," I think in this case that it's the law that is using sensationalist terms, not just the press.
Why do the heathens rage behind the firehouse?
2007-05-01, 12:20 PM #22
"Battery" refers to repeated actions. We think of is as a form of the word "battered", as in a "battered wife", but it only serves to enforce the idea of multiple offenses ocurring in one incident.

Should I stike someone in the face, it would be assault. Should I strike them multiple times, it would be battery.

It's not sensationalization at all, it's just a definition that we are not accustomed to.
2007-05-01, 5:15 PM #23
You got dressed up for senior Pictures? They pulled me out of class on the day of the deadline and took my picture out side.
2007-05-01, 5:39 PM #24
They had us all go to a private photographer. I don't think it's uncommon for highschools to do that...
omnia mea mecum porto
2007-05-01, 5:55 PM #25
Now show us Roach in the yearbook!
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2007-05-01, 6:14 PM #26
If he does he better include both pages so that Dillion James' ridiculous photo is posted too.
omnia mea mecum porto
2007-05-01, 8:01 PM #27
What? Lesbians?
Back again
2007-05-01, 8:46 PM #28
funny thing happened a few weeks ago to a guy I graduated with... On my manager's shift he does a gas drive-off. A day or two later he's caught for doing it. A few days later people in the area open the newspaper to find 'LOCAL MAN SEXUALLY ASSUALTS 6-YEAR OLD'. Apparently while he was being talked to about the drive off, he was asked if he *cough*ed with a boy at the elementary of the school we graduated from, and the kid recognized him from some yearbooks. not to mention that people knew he'd been in the school that day.

wooh! my work effectively gave the police reason to question him.

oral with little kids is bad, mmkay.
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!

↑ Up to the top!