Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Really, REALLY old computer help
Really, REALLY old computer help
2007-05-03, 12:55 PM #1
yea i know its a piece of sh** but i just need to update the graphics on it

Its a IBM Aptiva (Model Number 2176-C6B) with a SiS motherboard with onboard graphcs

i just recently installed Windows 98 SE on it but the graphics are 16 colors with really low rez. Anywhere where i can download the drivers for this so i can get some decent coloring?

And if you must know its so my sister has something to type with its just gonna be used for Office and the internet thats all :rolleyes:
(JKLE_Cougar) from JK MP Community
discord.me/jediknightdarkforces2
2007-05-03, 12:58 PM #2
It doesn't sound like it's going to be good at either.
2007-05-03, 1:02 PM #3
i was actually using the internet with it and boy did it looked F***** up with only 16 colors but it was going fast.... but seriously does anyone know how to update the graphics?
2007-05-03, 1:33 PM #4
To point out the obvious, did you look at IBM's website?

I used to have an Aptiva in my previous classroom with Win 95 on it, and I got updated drivers for it from IBMs site.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2007-05-03, 2:06 PM #5
Google the drivers, worth a shot.

You could also see if there's an AGP or PCI slot (probably at least PCI) and throw a better video card in.
2007-05-03, 2:35 PM #6
I have SIS drivers for my old laptop kicking around - If you PM me your email I'll see what I can send you (it'll have to be in about 20 hours or so after i've slept and been to work!)
2007-05-03, 3:46 PM #7
I actually found this website i think googleing SIS Aptiva and it works now 24 bit at 800x600... man its a slow mofo tho :suicide:

TIME TO INSTALL OFFICE

↑ Up to the top!