Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → WoW thread
WoW thread
2007-05-03, 9:42 PM #1
We haven't had one of these in a while. Post your char/server and how WoW is going for you! Who's still playing? Who quit? Anyone do any raiding in TBC? Who hates WoW with a passion because it took their life/friend/job?

I sold my account back in December for some serious $$, and I took a break to focus on school for a while. A couple of weeks ago me and some friends started over, playing a bit more casual this time around. I haven't had much time to play hardcore, but so far I've levelled a Draenei Shaman to 44 on one of the new PVE servers, Naz'grel. I'll probably be looking to transfer once I hit 70 since the raiding community on such a young server is so weak.
2007-05-03, 10:16 PM #2
I played from launch to about two months after the release of TBC, did a few Karazhan runs and found the game to be a complete bore after Burning Crusade. I enjoyed leveling to 70, and doing the new 5 man content, but end game seemed so different. Having about half my guild quit either before or soon after TBC launched didn't really help. I just didn't feel like playing anymore after 2+ years, and haven't even really thought about playing it since. I have officially kicked the habit, and it wasn't even hard to do.
"Honey, you got real ugly."
2007-05-03, 10:18 PM #3
Dude, new rule.

Don't call MMO characters "toons"

That sounds unbelievably stupid.
2007-05-03, 10:20 PM #4
Originally posted by Rob:
Dude, new rule.

Don't call MMO characters "toons"

That sounds unbelievably stupid.

yea i agree
2007-05-03, 10:22 PM #5
I got up to 70 very quickly, and have been raiding Kara with my guild.

However, the new raids are ridiculously difficult, and require way too much planning and expense for any casual-ish raiding guild to complete. I'm thinking of putting a hold on my account, as they've pushed me and my guildmates away from the game.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2007-05-03, 10:24 PM #6
booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooring
2007-05-03, 10:45 PM #7
Originally posted by Jon`C:
booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooring

"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2007-05-03, 10:45 PM #8
I cancelled my account back in January for like the fifth time now and hopefully this time for good. I'm completely burnt out on MMOs and WoW was just getting majorly boring. I was in the Closed Beta for the TBC so I already know what it is like to play the expansion before the thing came out. The furthest I got was level 68 with my gnome rogue.

Right now, I have no desire to go back to WoW unless something major happens to the game that makes it worth 15 bucks a month. Until then, I'll be happy playing Guild Wars.

(Yes, I realize Guild Wars gets boring too but at least its free and have a really good PvP system to keep the game entertaining for a good while.)
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2007-05-03, 11:28 PM #9
I played WoW for about two months, got up to level 25 and decided that it sucks much. This is the game:

Talk to NPC about quest.
Walk upwards of 3/4 of the map to obtain quest. Kill random **** on the way.
Kill **** for the quest and retrieve MAGICAL QUEST ITEM
Walk BACK towards said NPC for redemption of XP and possibly get more **** from NPC
Find another NPC and do the same damn thing.

You can vary it a little bit by selling stuff, annoying other players, and whatnot but yeah. That's the game.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2007-05-03, 11:28 PM #10
I'm still having fun with the game. I have no 70s. My highest characters are a level 63 Paladin and 42 Warlock.

[http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q72/chazghostle/ball63.jpg]
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Darrowmere&n=Ballarus

[http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q72/chazghostle/roulm-1.jpg]
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Darrowmere&n=Roulm

I made my Paladin the night BC came out, and I have been leveling very slowly. Right now I'm questing in Zangarmarsh, which is very boring compared to Hellfire. Hopefully Blade's Edge and Negrand will be better.

I've made a few WoW videos if you care to view them. Of course, if you don't like WoW, you'll find them boring and ****ty.

Kruul attacking Orgrimmar.

My guild fighting a world dragon for the first time.

Path of the Adept, the Horde Paladin quest.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."

↑ Up to the top!