Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Bought a new Laptop
Bought a new Laptop
2007-05-04, 2:38 PM #1
last weekend in Tennessee they had a tax free weekend sale and dropped laptop and desktop prices and of course it was tax free.

I ended getting a compaq presario v6000
Windows Vista Premium
Dual Layer DVD burner 8x yaddayadda
1024ddr ram (not sure speed)
Turion 64 x2 tl-50 1.6ghz 1066fsb
Nvidia Geforce 6150 integrated (runs source nicely not tested much else)
100gb hdd
15.4" xga
6.6 lbs

It is really slick looking made of the PS3 shiny casing (like finger prints stick to it galore)

$599

Compared to 800 dollar ones on sale which only were lighter and had bigger hdd they still didn't have video cards (just intel integrated); i thought it was a steal. Let me know what you think.
2007-05-04, 3:50 PM #2
I don't suppose you have Company of Heroes? I'm going to buy a laptop in the very near future, and I'm very curious as to how it will handle games. Laptops are very foreign to me.
2007-05-04, 6:11 PM #3
i have been looking at that game, maybe i will try out the demo if there is one. I tried out Armed Assault (sequel to Op Flashpoint) and it looked terrible and ran worse...

The requirements right now for these new games are insane your basic 800 desktop couldn't even run half these games on lowest settings where before years back when low end graphics cards could get you by with alot more
2007-05-05, 5:00 AM #4
Company of Heroes has some pretty low minimum requirements, but if I remember correctly it needs a dedicated video card.

↑ Up to the top!