Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → iTunes blows
iTunes blows
2007-05-06, 11:04 AM #1
I've mistakenly relied upon iTunes to catch Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis.

They posted the new episodes of the season right on time: the next day.

Then it was a 2 week wait before they posted the next episodes, which really sucked. I turned to Amazon Unbox and used their services for those episodes, but they are twice the filesize (800+ mb) of iTunes formats, which means, twice the download times (about 3 hours per episode on my iNtArWeB connection).

Anyway, I went again to iTunes to get Friday's episodes. They didn't have SG-1's but did have Atlantis - or so I was led to believe. I went to Amazon and downloaded SG-1's episode.

I went to iTunes today to get the Atlantis episode and bought and downloaded it. Lo and behold, it was the SG-1 episode I bought from Amazon yesterday. It had the wrong title and was with the wrong show.

iTunes sucks. Amazon Unbox ftw. Well, partial win anyway.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2007-05-06, 11:05 AM #2
i watch my tv shows on tv
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2007-05-06, 1:01 PM #3
I would if I got SciFi on my TV. :saddowns:
2007-05-06, 1:02 PM #4
Perhaps you should e-mail them about it rather than ***** about it? Chances are they can do more for you than we could. I have heard some positive stories about addressing the iTunes store with errors. Or you know... BitTorrent. :ninja:
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2007-05-06, 1:09 PM #5
Yeah. I use Bit Torrent like TiVo. I really, shouldn't, but hey- it nets me the same thing with out expensive hardware. That and I don't like watching things on the TV.
2007-05-06, 1:30 PM #6
what kind of s**t cable company are you with if they don't give you sci-fi
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2007-05-06, 1:35 PM #7
I record mine using MythTV and use BitTorrent for those I can't record.
2007-05-06, 2:09 PM #8
I got a dual tuner TV card in my PC. I would die without it. :p
2007-05-06, 2:09 PM #9
Originally posted by NoESC:
i watch my tv shows on tv

I saw one of them right, they use them on the flinstones huh?
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2007-05-06, 3:13 PM #10
Haha! Who pays for TV shows?
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-05-06, 3:31 PM #11
Chances are it's Sci-Fi's fault, not Apple's.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2007-05-06, 3:44 PM #12
I was thinking of buying some episodes of Hill Street Blues off of iTunes, actually.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2007-05-06, 4:25 PM #13
IIRC, Isn't Amazon unbox heavily DRMed?

Just give me straight DVD where I have an actual hardcopy of the content instead of just a file.
2007-05-06, 6:04 PM #14
Originally posted by fishstickz:
Chances are it's Sci-Fi's fault, not Apple's.

I thought that initially except Amazon has the episodes posted the next day.

Originally posted by JediKirby:
Haha! Who pays for TV shows?

Us losers who can't afford cable or satellite, and don't have easy access to either. .(
2007-05-07, 8:13 AM #15
Bittorrent wins for tv.
D E A T H
2007-05-07, 3:40 PM #16
I need a better TV tuner antennae.
Back again

↑ Up to the top!