Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Casualty of War
Casualty of War
2007-05-06, 1:36 PM #1
I just heard from my sister that my brother-in-law's brother died in Iraq last week. I didn't know him very well personally, but my sister and brother-in-law are quite shaken up about it. He was in his early 20's... I guess there was a landmine or something...

The worst thing is, they just got married last weekend, so the news of his death came just after the wedding. These first few weeks after marriage should be an especially happy time for them, but instead they're dealing with loss.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2007-05-06, 1:48 PM #2
All I can say is, that sucks horribly.
My blawgh.
2007-05-06, 1:49 PM #3
That's horrible. :(

RIP.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2007-05-06, 3:47 PM #4
That's awful.

At first I thought you meant that the brother had only just gotten married, which would be horrific.
"Well ain't that a merry jelly." - FastGamerr

"You can actually see the waves of me not caring in the air." - fishstickz
2007-05-06, 6:31 PM #5
Yeah, the brother was unmarried. I guess I didn't really make that clear.

However, one of the things that makes this scary is that my sister's husband is also in the military and has a good chance of shipping out some time in the next 6 months (they got married sooner than they'd planned because of this), so my sister's now more afraid something could happen to him.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2007-05-07, 8:45 AM #6
Very sorry to hear.
2007-05-07, 2:56 PM #7
:(
2007-05-07, 2:57 PM #8
Why is the root word of casualty casual?
2007-05-08, 7:01 AM #9
That's quite unfortunate. I hope everything turns out well.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2007-05-08, 8:21 AM #10
Originally posted by Vincent Valentine:
Why is the root word of casualty casual?

It comes from casual's original meaning of "accidental."

I'm sorry to hear that Sarn. It's something that a few of my good friends have had to deal with "over there."
omnia mea mecum porto

↑ Up to the top!