Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Atlantis bombshell
Atlantis bombshell
2007-05-08, 6:28 AM #1
Maybe it ain't news to yoos, but I just found out that on Stargate Atlantis...

MAJOR SPOILER ALERT!!

Elizabeth Weir...

will be...

gone at the end of the season.

It's no spoiler that Carter goes to Atlantis after SG-1's end, but that she's ends up taking the job of the above mentioned person.

:suicide:

I don't know if it will still feel like Atlantis without Weir. .(

Edit: Of course, since I've resumed thinking again, I guess you Britassians already know this...
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2007-05-08, 6:33 AM #2
Now, is the Weir at Atlantis the same actress who first appeared on SG-1? I don't know if it's the blonde hair, but she just looks radically different from when she temporarily became administrator of the SGC to when she became administrator of Atlantis.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2007-05-08, 6:53 AM #3
Originally posted by Wolfy:
Now, is the Weir at Atlantis the same actress who first appeared on SG-1? I don't know if it's the blonde hair, but she just looks radically different from when she temporarily became administrator of the SGC to when she became administrator of Atlantis.

First appeared? No, it's a different actress. Blonde Weir declined to reappear in SG-1 after her season finale/season intro role and was replaced with Neo-Weir.

Either way I'm glad to be rid of her. She's not a very good character, although I'd much rather see Carter replace Teyla or Ronin instead because those two characters are even worse.

Also, I knew about this in January.
:colbert:
2007-05-08, 7:58 AM #4
Damn, I thought someone had found the actual island of Atlantis. Way to get my hopes up.
2007-05-08, 10:32 AM #5
Weir isn't going to be gone. The character's role is being reduced in some capacity in season 4. What that means after season four, however, is a different story. Besides, there's a much bigger bombshell if you're not up on major spoilers.
Pissed Off?
2007-05-08, 10:54 AM #6
Originally posted by Avenger:
Weir isn't going to be gone. The character's role is being reduced in some capacity in season 4. What that means after season four, however, is a different story. Besides, there's a much bigger bombshell if you're not up on major spoilers.

I'm not, and don't tell me! I ran across that other bit on accident reading an interview with Amanda Tapping.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2007-05-08, 11:35 AM #7
Well if it worked for DS9 then it's bound to work for Atlantis right?

Worf went from TNG to DS9...right at the fourth season to boot
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2007-05-08, 11:41 AM #8
WORF.
2007-05-08, 2:07 PM #9
Originally posted by Aglar:
Damn, I thought someone had found the actual island of Atlantis. Way to get my hopes up.

Old Newz! Seriously, when was the last time you went Scuba Diving in the Mediterranean?
2007-05-08, 3:47 PM #10
Originally posted by Jon`C:
I'd much rather see Carter replace Teyla or Ronin instead because those two characters are even worse.

They are at least developing Ronin now, he's actually somewhat interesting. Teyla is completely worthless though. It's like they wanted eye candy but the casting director didn't know what an adam's apple was. :psyduck:
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2007-05-08, 4:23 PM #11
Teyla is hot! you're all a bunch of overly picky nerds! shame about wier tho. but we all know we need a man in charge of atlantis. Less shopping, more shooting.:neckbeard:
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}

↑ Up to the top!