Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Video games may not cause violence in young men...
Video games may not cause violence in young men...
2007-05-08, 5:39 PM #1
... but apparently the video game consoles do!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070508/ap_on_re_us/fresno_shooting
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2007-05-08, 5:44 PM #2
Stupid people making a bad name for all of us. :argh:
2007-05-08, 6:47 PM #3
Yeah, he's making all use thieves look like murderers.

The one you should blame for the spin is the media. The fault lies with the shooter - not with the specific item he stole. They would have reported the story differently if he had stolen anything else.
Wikissassi sucks.
2007-05-08, 7:07 PM #4
Wow. I wonder how long until another stupid PS3 related death happens :suicide:
My blawgh.
2007-05-08, 7:49 PM #5
Originally posted by Isuwen:
Yeah, he's making all use thieves look like murderers.

No... He, a gamer, stole the console and then shot the people who accused him of it after they showed him the evidence they had.
2007-05-08, 8:15 PM #6
What the hell? Why is the shooting blamed on the Playstation? The article didn't infer that he was even going to play the thing. He might have stolen it to pawn it for money for books for class, or anything for that matter. The fact that he tried to kill people was more than likely a result of his desire not to get caught, go to jail, etc.

Ever heard of armed robbery? Or is it that every time someone shoots someone else, it's a direct result of the items they've liberated being of some significance other than money?

I think he should be pardoned. After all, he didn't kill the guy. The gun did.:downswords:
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2007-05-08, 8:44 PM #7
That reminds me...

Jack Thompson strikes again!
2007-05-08, 8:54 PM #8
That reminds me of the xbox that stopped a bullet
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2007-05-09, 4:26 AM #9
Everybody, remember to buy Manhunt2. You don't have to play it, because it will suck, just buy it.
Wikissassi sucks.
2007-05-09, 10:10 AM #10
Or we could always just mail Thompson lots of copies.

Pirated copies so he has more to moan about.
nope.

↑ Up to the top!