Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Is it just me?
Is it just me?
2004-07-21, 10:36 AM #1
Is it just me or when a jedi uses a single saber does it not look more elegant, calculated, and just generally cooler than when you see a jedi use two sabers or a saber staff? The exception being Darth Maul. It just seems like in JA, KotOR, and AotC any sort of visual brilliance was raped from the double sabers and saber staff(with the exception for one or two special moves in JA and I'm giving Anakin some slack because he was still a padawan). I was just noticing in KotOR and realized in JA that when you use two sabers, it looks more like the jedi is using two clubs like a caveman instead of actually knowing how to use the sabers. And the saber staff is used like a child worried about hitting himself all the time instead of intuitively knowing he's not going to hit himself because has the experiance. Just something I noticed. Any thoughts?

------------------
Kieran: The reason I put a link to it is because she is in underwear and I know the admins are touchy on that.
Yecti: Jaiph will touch himself for hours if he so much as smells a woman's underwear
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-07-21, 10:39 AM #2
In KotOR, there's no doubt about it

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-07-21, 10:48 AM #3
More gripes:

A) They don't have any orange crystals except that Heart Of Guardian which is more red than orange.

B) It doesn't require any extra training to use double sabers or saber staff. They are supposed to be skills above and beyond using a single saber, not parellal to the single saber(this goes for JA too). Make it so you need to master single weapon dueling before moving on to double or staff or make it a force power so you have to sacrifice something for it. This was a huge problem in JA because staff and double are used almost exclusively. Make it so the double and staffists have less force powers(since they are concentrating on dueling, not force powers) and it would be far more balanced. Having three stances just doesn't cut it.

------------------
Kieran: The reason I put a link to it is because she is in underwear and I know the admins are touchy on that.
Yecti: Jaiph will touch himself for hours if he so much as smells a woman's underwear
2004-07-21, 10:49 AM #4
yeah, but it was still more powerful to use two sabers in KotOR...

------------------
yay for not posting much ever
enjoy.music
yay for not posting much ever
2004-07-21, 10:52 AM #5
As opposed to saber staff? Not really. If you use two sabers, you have a deduction to attack bonus. If you use a saber and a short saber, you have a deduction to damage. And there are some crystals that are very exclusive so you wouldn't have two of them as in the case of Heart of Guadian and Mantle of the Force. With the saber staff, you essentially use the crystal twice.

------------------
2004-07-21, 11:01 AM #6
I thought the single saber in JO/JA looked really awful. The thing is practically weightless, but they make it look like it's made of gold, and it often looks like the character is having trouble with the weight of the saber. I think they should've made the character use a kind of sideways fencing style or at least something more... acrobatic?

I thought the double saber was awsome though.

------------------
WAITER: Here’s your green salad, sir.
ANAKIN: What? You fool, I told you NO CROUTONS! Aaaaaaargh!
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

↑ Up to the top!