Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Counting down..... (Starcraft 2)
Counting down..... (Starcraft 2)
2007-05-14, 11:03 PM #41
Originally posted by Vincent Valentine:
You have a lot more faith in Blizzard than I do.

Lost Vikings would be cool though.

Was it just me, or was anyone else pissed Lost Vikings is not on their "progression"?

(Maybe because it was when they were under interplay and not VU?)
2007-05-15, 5:33 AM #42
Lost Vikings would be almost better than Diablo 3 for me.

And you're crazy, DJ Yoshi. Make a starcraft mod for CnC and shut up.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-05-15, 6:13 AM #43
I cant say I'm really excited for anything except for something brand new.

It felt like Star Craft and Warcraft 3 had almost identical story lines. If they could stray away from that format it would rock.

With Diablo 2 it closed things up pretty well, but if they could have a really really good story following that, I would love to play it.

I actually had a deep hope that I would be the one able to write the storyline for that game. . .I'm such a nerd .(
My blawgh.
2007-05-15, 6:20 AM #44
Originally posted by Jep:
It will be Stacraft 2 and a new Blackthorne game.

QuuEffTee
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2007-05-15, 6:24 AM #45
Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
"Another RTS"? Dude, Starcraft 2 would be THE RTS. It would destroy any other RTS currently out sales-wise, and would revive the community.

One of the few times that I 100% agree with Yoshi.

Originally posted by Phantom-Seraph:
With Diablo 2 it closed things up pretty well, but if they could have a really really good story following that, I would love to play it.

I think that a game about the actual wars between Heaven and Hell would be BADASS
"Well ain't that a merry jelly." - FastGamerr

"You can actually see the waves of me not caring in the air." - fishstickz
2007-05-15, 6:39 AM #46
Originally posted by Acharjay:
One of the few times that I 100% agree with Yoshi.
[/font]

Same here.
2007-05-15, 7:05 PM #47
I'm gonna have to go with kirby on this one. There's no conceivable way to improve upon Starcraft. As that one dead guy said, perfection is knowing not when to stop adding stuff, but when to stop taking away. Any sequel to starcraft would be a dismally-failing disappointment.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2007-05-15, 10:47 PM #48
Originally posted by Phantom-Seraph:
I cant say I'm really excited for anything except for something brand new.

It felt like Star Craft and Warcraft 3 had almost identical story lines. If they could stray away from that format it would rock.

I actually had a deep hope that I would be the one able to write the storyline for that game. . .I'm such a nerd .(

The reason StarCraft and WarCraft have similar storylines is because they should. Their inspirations, Warhammer 40k and Warhammer respectively followed similar storylines, and you'll notice a LOT of similarities between the games if you look closely. Honestly, I wouldn't be at all surprised to find parables between StarCraft and WarCraft given time and installations.

Originally posted by Vincent Valentine:
You have a lot more faith in Blizzard than I do.

Lost Vikings would be cool though.

Faith come from the quality of their titles. WC1 and 2 set the bar for RTS at their release. Starcraft was undeniably THE best RTS upon release, Diablo was one of the most unique and awesome games ever upon release, Warcraft 3 once again raised the bar in the RTS field. They keep one-upping themselves, not to mention the competition.

And Lost Vikings would be neato.

Originally posted by JediKirby:
And you're crazy, DJ Yoshi. Make a starcraft mod for CnC and shut up.

That's all kinds of stupid, illegal, and impossible that I don't think I even want to try and cover. Besides that, the CnC3 engine would be horribly inadequate and stupid to try a Starcraft port to. Think more Dawn of War with HEAVY HEAVY modification, if anything. (irony, really).

Originally posted by Freelancer:
I'm gonna have to go with kirby on this one. There's no conceivable way to improve upon Starcraft. As that one dead guy said, perfection is knowing not when to stop adding stuff, but when to stop taking away. Any sequel to starcraft would be a dismally-failing disappointment.

You have no idea. Your imagination could come up with all kinds of ideas, but I'm sure your (as we have all seen before) puny imagination is no match for the likes of blizzard. Honestly I trust them with the storyline a lot more than I'd ever trust you to think up any storyline/gameplay/anything. You saying it'd be a "dismally failing disappointment" is like SF_Gold saying any star wars game made today would be a "dismally failing disappointment". So forgive me if I take your word for...well...what it is. That being worth ****.
D E A T H
2007-05-15, 10:51 PM #49
I'm just going by the generally-accepted principle "the bigger they are, the harder they fall."

Starcraft was such a stellar title that any sequel has gigantic boots to fill.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2007-05-15, 11:00 PM #50
I think it's going to be something completely new and different, nothing we've heard of before.

teletubbies from hell.
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2007-05-15, 11:13 PM #51
I'm just going by the generally-accepted principle "the bigger they are, the harder they fall."

Starcraft was such a stellar title that any sequel has gigantic boots to fill.

Warcraft 2 was an amazing title, and everyone thought it was the EPITOME of RTS awesomeness. Then Starcraft came along and that was even better. Then came Warcraft 3.

Same could be said about the C&C series.

Honestly, that theory is so silly it's not worth visiting.
D E A T H
2007-05-16, 12:35 AM #52

It's not a better game I want. I just want them to continue the story. I would even be satisfied if they made StarCraft 2 with the same engine. Perhaps just add the new controls from WarCraft 3.
Sorry for the lousy German
2007-05-16, 6:46 AM #53
This site says it's a Starcraft MMO like World of Warcraft...

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=163207&skip=yes

However, they offer no proof but just claim its their 'sources'

I honestly hope it's not. I've wanted a Starcraft 2 for a long long time. I want a RTS and not another damn WoW from Blizzard
2007-05-16, 6:48 AM #54
That's exactly what this world needs; another mmo with absolutely no substance.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-05-16, 6:50 AM #55
Shut up, WoW is one of the only MMO's WITH substance.
Think while it's still legal.
2007-05-16, 11:13 AM #56
Originally posted by Victor Van Dort:

No, it really has no substance. It's just the BEST MMO without substance. Hellgate: London is really set to be the ONLY MMO that will have substance. Besides, Blizzard isn't stupid enough to split loyalties between two MMOs. If it's Starcraft anything, it's going to be Ghost finally released or Starcraft 2.
D E A T H
2007-05-16, 1:19 PM #57
That's exactly what this world needs; another mmo with absolutely no substance.

Lets be fair.

WoW has a substance.

It's just an opiate that seemingly only affects retards.
2007-05-16, 3:29 PM #58
Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
No, it really has no substance. It's just the BEST MMO without substance. Hellgate: London is really set to be the ONLY MMO that will have substance. Besides, Blizzard isn't stupid enough to split loyalties between two MMOs. If it's Starcraft anything, it's going to be Ghost finally released or Starcraft 2.

This man has it right.

If Blizzard is developing anything MMO, it's going to be another expansion for WoW.
2007-05-16, 4:02 PM #59
Everyone knows it's going to be a WoW card game expansion.
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2007-05-16, 4:02 PM #60
Kill x amount of enemies and collect x items and talk to x people on x different corners of the world is NOT substance. Eve is pretty much the only game I've heard of with ANY substance at all, but it's boring as hell.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-05-16, 6:50 PM #61
And thus you get to why WoW has no substance. It's not because it was poorly made or is a crappy game, it's because it's an MMO. :p

Let's hope Warhammer Online changes this trend. I won't hold my breath though.
2007-05-16, 7:40 PM #62
Originally posted by Kieran Horn:
And thus you get to why WoW has no substance. It's not because it was poorly made or is a crappy game, it's because it's an MMO. :p

LotR-O is pretty deep. It has a lot of elements that focus on roleplaying, which is a huge plus for me.

Sword of the New World looks good too. Can't wait for the beta.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-05-16, 7:44 PM #63
Is it still a SP game in a MP world to get a monthly payment out of you?
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-05-16, 7:55 PM #64
That sort of retort only works if you know what you're talking about. They aren't SP games if you play with other players constantly :\
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-05-16, 8:37 PM #65
Originally posted by Victor Van Dort:

Do you deliberately post things that you know people will disagree with?
>>untie shoes
2007-05-17, 5:13 AM #66
Originally posted by Antony:
Do you deliberately post things that you know people will disagree with?

But then again, look at this thread since the mmorpg talks begun. Everyone and the next is posting their opinion as if its the universal truth. Its all based on opinions, so you've pretty much got a nice little show of :

"WOW HAS SUBSTANCE!"
"NO IT DON'T"
"YES IT DOES!"
"NO IT DON'T"
"YES IT DOES!"
"NO IT DON'T"
"YES IT DOES!"
"NO IT DON'T"
"YES IT DOES!"
"NO IT DON'T"
"YES IT DOES!"
"NO IT DON'T"
"YES IT DOES!"
"NO IT DON'T"
"YES IT DOES!"
"NO IT DON'T"
"YES IT DOES!"
"NO IT DON'T"
"YES IT DOES!"
"NO IT DON'T"
"YES IT DOES!"
"NO IT DON'T"
"YES IT DOES!"
"NO IT DON'T"
"YES IT DOES!"
"NO IT DON'T"
"YES IT DOES!"
"NO IT DON'T"
"YES IT DOES!"
"NO IT DON'T"
"YES IT DOES!"
"NO IT DON'T"
"YES IT DOES!"
"NO IT DON'T"
"YES IT DOES!"
"NO IT DON'T"
"YES IT DOES!"
"NO IT DON'T"
"YES IT DOES!"
"NO IT DON'T"
"YES IT DOES!"

"STAR CRAFT 2 IS AWESOME!"
"NO IT DON'T"
"YES IT DOES!"
"NO IT DON'T"
"YES IT DOES!"
"NO IT DON'T"
"YES IT DOES!"
"NO IT DON'T"
"YES IT DOES!"
"NO IT DON'T"
"YES IT DOES!"
"NO IT DON'T"
"YES IT DOES!"
"NO IT DON'T"
"YES IT DOES!"
"NO IT DON'T"
"YES IT DOES!"
"NO IT DON'T"
"YES IT DOES!"
"NO IT DON'T"
"YES IT DOES!"
"NO IT DON'T"
"YES IT DOES!"
"NO IT DON'T"
"YES IT DOES!"
"NO IT DON'T"
"YES IT DOES!"
"NO IT DON'T"
"YES IT DOES!"
"NO IT DON'T"
"YES IT DOES!"
"NO IT DON'T"
"YES IT DOES!"
"NO IT DON'T"
"YES IT DOES!"
"NO IT DON'T"
"YES IT DOES!"
"NO IT DON'T"
"YES IT DOES!"
"NO IT DON'T"
"YES IT DOES!"

I love you guys. You're all like the little retarded brother I never had.
2007-05-17, 5:51 AM #67
Originally posted by Jep:
"STAR CRAFT 2 IS AWESOME!"
"NO IT DON'T"
"YES IT DOES!"

I see what you did there.
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2007-05-17, 5:56 AM #68
Originally posted by Alan:
I see what you did there.

XD
2007-05-17, 9:00 AM #69
Eh, we already have Starcraft 2 anyway. It's called Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War. Or perhaps it would be more appropriate to say Starcraft was a Warhammer 40k game....
2007-05-17, 9:06 AM #70
Not really, though starcraft/warcraft do use the warhammer 40k/warhammer style of reality where evil can win, it has different races and different styles of war.

WoW was never that brutal. Starcraft was though.

However it doesnt mean that IF its an MMO it'll be an RPG. Its possible Blizzard might try whats never been done well an MMO-RTS Hybrid.
2007-05-17, 9:16 AM #71
Originally posted by The_Reafis:

However it doesnt mean that IF its an MMO it'll be an RPG. Its possible Blizzard might try whats never been done well an MMO-RTS Hybrid.

That's the same speculation my brother made, heh.
2007-05-17, 10:03 AM #72
Sadly its very unlikely.

Aslong as it isnt cartoony thats fine, WoW looks crap.
2007-05-17, 10:51 AM #73
Originally posted by Kieran Horn:

Jeez I hope so.

I wish it was set in the 40k universe though.
2007-05-17, 11:37 AM #74
If it were a Starcraft MMO (which I doubt), I really can't see it being a RPG. Seriously, how can you make classes for a game that has soldiers with guns, aliens with evolutionary forms, and aliens with plasma blades and robotics? If it were to be a MMO, it would better be something similar to planetside given that game's setup.
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2007-05-17, 12:43 PM #75
Originally posted by The_Reafis:
Dreamlords is done pretty well.
2007-05-18, 9:50 PM #76
"Medusa" to be announced in 10 minutes. It's most certainly starcraft. Of course, considering it's the Korean game summit.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-05-18, 10:00 PM #77
It's been 10 minutes...
2007-05-18, 10:14 PM #78
"Medusa" to be announced in 10 minutes. It's most certainly starcraft. Of course, considering it's the Korean game summit.

The Starcraft quote on the timeline says "I am the queen of blades, and my stare alone would reduce you to ashes"

Which is exactly what medusa does!
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2007-05-18, 10:16 PM #79
They announced it! Lost World of Diabloviking Starwarcraft
It's a MMORTS Puzzler Set in a Diablo universe full of vikings.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-05-18, 10:16 PM #80
Originally posted by fishstickz:
The Starcraft quote on the timeline says "I am the queen of blades, and my stare alone would reduce you to ashes"

Which is exactly what medusa does!

Not exactly...

↑ Up to the top!