Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Music videos and downloaders
Music videos and downloaders
2007-05-16, 6:20 PM #1
I want to download music videos to my desktop, but youtube doesn't let me download them straight to desktop(at least from what I've seen). Is there a site out there that lets you download music videos? Second part of my question: Is there a good download management program that lets you queue up downloads and automatically starts downloading the next one when you finish the one you're on? I actually want to use this with the music video site to queue up a bunch of videos, start the downloading process, and go do something else while they are all downloading. Thank you for your help.
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2007-05-16, 7:46 PM #2
You can get Firefox scripts to allow you to download videos from Youtube.
<Rob> This is internet.
<Rob> Nothing costs money if I don't want it to.
2007-05-16, 8:08 PM #3
I use VideoDownloader or MediaPirate for things like youtube and google video. For downloading managers, I use Flashget when I don't use Firefox's default.
2007-05-16, 8:11 PM #4
I've been able to get some videos from [url]www.guba.com[/url]..
woot!
2007-05-16, 8:20 PM #5
Um...firefox scripts? I do use Firefox, but I'm not sure what that means.
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2007-05-16, 9:20 PM #6
Correction: It's a script for Greasemonkey, which is a Firefox extension.

Found this: http://www.videodl.org/

The script was called Youtube to Me.
<Rob> This is internet.
<Rob> Nothing costs money if I don't want it to.
2007-05-16, 9:30 PM #7
vixy.net works sometimes for Youtube
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2007-05-16, 9:45 PM #8
VideoDownloader extension for Firefox.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.

↑ Up to the top!