Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The Happiest Happy Meal Ever
The Happiest Happy Meal Ever
2007-05-17, 11:06 PM #1
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,272774,00.html
2007-05-17, 11:13 PM #2
So that's the secret ingredient :D
My blawgh.
2007-05-18, 12:01 AM #3
Quote:
"To be honest, you don't expect that," Irelan told FOX Chicago affiliate WFLD-TV.
My favorite part.
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2007-05-18, 12:14 AM #4
I like how he was prosecuted for "posession of drug paraphernalia".

Quick! He's got a pipe! Arrest that man!!
2007-05-18, 12:43 AM #5
In Pinellas county, Florida, if you have ANY sort of pipe of the non-Sherlock Holmes style, you get charged on the spot with possession of paraphernalia.

Also, I need to go by Mickey D's more apparently.
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2007-05-18, 1:29 AM #6
Hey, if you can't get enough people to eat your food, give em something that will make them eat more :)

"What's that honey... you want 500 burgers?"
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2007-05-18, 7:50 AM #7
The people that work at my local MD always smoke pot in the freezer room. Sometimes you can smell it on the sundays and uncooked foods.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-05-18, 10:27 AM #8
Quote:
The store apologized, but the Irelan family said they still may sue, WFLD-TV reported.

Of course they will.
2007-05-18, 11:27 AM #9
Originally posted by Alan:
In Pinellas county, Florida, if you have ANY sort of pipe of the non-Sherlock Holmes style, you get charged on the spot with possession of paraphernalia.

Also, I need to go by Mickey D's more apparently.

Is it still legal to sell/buy pipes?
2007-05-18, 12:22 PM #10
A few weeks ago there was a story about a condom (in wrapper) found in a Happy Meal in New Zealand.
:master::master::master:
2007-05-18, 7:37 PM #11
Originally posted by Vinny:

I don't think it has been since the kick-off of Pipe Dreams. I don't even think those "Tobacco Pipe" stickers help stores anymore on glassware.
omnia mea mecum porto
2007-05-18, 7:43 PM #12
Well, I know a small, local convenience store that sells little glass bongs...so I guess it depends on state?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2007-05-19, 5:55 AM #13
The feds would say no. State policies do vary though.
omnia mea mecum porto
2007-05-19, 7:37 AM #14
They sell em here, no problem.
2007-05-19, 12:13 PM #15
The real story should be "Bag of weed sells for $3.75".
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2007-05-19, 12:54 PM #16
Yeah, you can buy pipes/bongs/etc from local stores around here too (both in WA and ID). They do have signs up all over the place though that says stuff like "This equipment is for tobacco use only." And they'll kick you out of the store and refuse to sell you anything if you make any comments that elude to them being for something else.

However, once you get it out of the store, you can be arrested for posession of paraphanelia, even if it's *all* you have on you. "No officer, this bong is for tobacco use" doesn't work.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2007-05-19, 1:07 PM #17
Originally posted by Vincent Valentine:

It varies from county to county. For example, here in Orange county, I can buy them no problem. Last I heard about Pinellas, you're immediately arrested if one is found on your person and charged with posession of paraphernalia. As far as purchasing them, I don't know. I'd have to ask a friend down there. I haven't been shopping for that sort of thing for a while.
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2007-05-20, 6:45 PM #18
Originally posted by Sarn_Cadrill:
However, once you get it out of the store, you can be arrested for posession of paraphanelia, even if it's *all* you have on you. "No officer, this bong is for tobacco use" doesn't work.

Bull. Until there is THC residue in the pipe, it is a tobacco pipe.

Edit: Oh and in Minnesota, there are several glass piece shops that sell nothing but pipes/bongs/hookahs, and most of the sex shops have 'em too. There's even a convenience store near my house that sells pieces.. (Extremely convenient)
2007-05-20, 6:50 PM #19
You can be arrested and charged with something, and then later have the charges dropped.

They do it as a deterrent.
2007-05-20, 6:55 PM #20
In Minnesota, they don't arrest you. It's a ticket for paraphenelia and possession of a small amount. They would write you a ticket and send you on your way if you were ever dumb enough to get caught. I don't understand how any cop in a state would try charges of any kind against somebody with a clean pipe, if it's legal for shops to sell tobacco pipes.
2007-05-20, 7:13 PM #21
It's fairly obvious what you're going to the rainbow colored pipe shop for.
2007-05-20, 8:05 PM #22
I'm pretty sure that the cops also are limited as far as just sitting outside say, the local sex shop, just assuming people are there for drug paraphenelia.
2007-05-20, 8:10 PM #23
Originally posted by Shiznit:
I'm pretty sure that the cops also are limited as far as just sitting outside say, the local sex shop, just assuming people are there for drug paraphenelia.

Last I checked, we can park almost anywhere.. :P
woot!
2007-05-20, 9:06 PM #24
So you sit outside glass shops looking for potheads?
2007-05-20, 9:28 PM #25
The Cops around here really never bust people for Pot. Minnesota is a big pot state, and no one cares. Pot doesn't hurt other people, and it questionably hurts people. Not that I advocate pot, but I don't advocate arresting people for having a pipe in your pocket.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-05-20, 9:28 PM #26
Originally posted by Shiznit:
So you sit outside glass shops looking for potheads?

Nope, sure don't. Doesn't mean I'd be limited in that regard, though..but really, it's a moot point because we don't have one in town. And even if we did, I really like working traffic..much better use of time than watching potheads walk by. :P
woot!
2007-05-20, 9:45 PM #27
lol drugz.
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."

↑ Up to the top!