Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → My Best Friend's Wedding
My Best Friend's Wedding
2007-05-20, 3:36 AM #1
Hah! Fooled you! (Unless you used the sensual mouse hover trick to read this bit of text, in which case you're probably waiting for me to get to the point) This post is not about the rubbish film starring her of voluptuous bottom, but about my best friend and his wedding!

He's asked me to put together a CD of music to play as people are finding their seats - the question is: Should his finacée leave him because he's clearly gay?

Here's the playlist:

Songs for pre ceremony:
Ronan Keating - When you say nothing at all
Rod Stewart - Have I told you lately
David Gray - Be Mine
Jack Johnson - Banana Pancakes
The Calling - Wherever you will go
Savage Garden - Truly Madly Deeply
James Blunt - You're beautiful
Bryan Adams - I'll be Right There
Sugababes - Too lost in you
U2 - Sweetest thing
Shakira - Underneath your clothes
Texas - So in Love with you
Aerosmith - Dont wanna miss a thing
Enriqué Inglesias - Hero
2007-05-20, 3:42 AM #2
So because he doesnt dress in black and listen to crap heavy metal and R&B he's automatically gay?.

Theres some good stuff in there ,grow up.
2007-05-20, 3:44 AM #3
Hey, Reafis.... It's called sarcasm, get a sense of humor.

The only songs I havn't heard on there are the sugababies and David Gray songs, but it seems pretty good from what I can tell. I don't much care for James Blunt or his music, but I know that some people really like it. :/

Hope it goes well for them. :)
2007-05-20, 3:45 AM #4
Perhaps you missed the joke. He's my best friend. I clearly think very highly of him, I don't particularly like heavy metal I thought the playlist was overly feminine.

That and as Best Man I'll be wearing a kilt too. That's pretty damn manly.

Learn to read between the lines.
2007-05-20, 3:53 AM #5
Originally posted by Stormtrooper:
The only songs I havn't heard on there are the sugababies and David Gray songs, but it seems pretty good from what I can tell. I don't much care for James Blunt or his music, but I know that some people really like it. :/

Hope it goes well for them. :)

Actually the David Gray song's one of the better ones on the list in my opinion - that said I really dislike James Blunt, so it was with great sadness that I clicked 'Purchse Song' on the iTunes Store for that one....
2007-05-20, 3:55 AM #6
It is my opinion that any man getting married should wear a kilt. They're awesome.

Best Men, too.
2007-05-20, 3:55 AM #7
The James Blunt song is inappropriate, the lyrics are highly depressing.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2007-05-20, 3:57 AM #8
The vocals on that also horrify me X_X

As for "lol gay", whatever.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2007-05-20, 4:06 AM #9
Originally posted by Jin:
It is my opinion that any man getting married should wear a kilt. They're awesome.

Best Men, too.

And this is why I'm looking forward to next weekend. We're going to look the business.
2007-05-20, 4:08 AM #10
I am jealous. :(
2007-05-20, 5:55 AM #11
http://youtube.com/watch?v=y_5jYrZ0dMc
幻術
2007-05-20, 6:18 AM #12
My mom is a pianist and plays alot of weddings.
Once a groom asked her to play the 2001 theme for his entrance.
If I recall, the bride (and my mom) vetoed that one pretty quick.

As for the song list above, I've only heard two, maybe three of those.
That makes me happy.
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
2007-05-20, 6:28 AM #13
Originally posted by djwguitarman:
Once a groom asked her to play the 2001 theme for his entrance.
If I recall, the bride (and my mom) vetoed that one pretty quick.

Bah! Did they not realise it would have been the most awesome entrance ever?
2007-05-20, 6:29 AM #14
It can't be worse than the last wedding I went to. They played *shudder* pan pipe music while people were being seated. Ugh. That said, there's a lot of music there. How long are they expecting it'll take for people to sit down? :P
2007-05-20, 6:31 AM #15
Originally posted by LividDK27:
It can't be worse than the last wedding I went to. They played *shudder* pan pipe music while people were being seated. Ugh. That said, there's a lot of music there. How long are they expecting it'll take for people to sit down? :P

That's what I thought - and that's exactly why I'm shoving James Blunt to the back of the CD... :cool:
2007-05-20, 7:52 AM #16
Just ensure that random play isn't turned on.
2007-05-20, 11:44 AM #17
Originally posted by Martyn:
That and as Best Man I'll be wearing a kilt too. That's pretty damn manly.

Hell yes!

Nothing quite beats my Uncle's wedding though. The ceremony was held in some historical house in his area, and when people were being seated, a bunch of Japanese tourists with cameras wandered into the building and sat down at the back of the room. :P
nope.
2007-05-20, 11:48 PM #18
Awesome! I'll be posting the pictures up here as soon as I can. I'm just going through the speech at work for a few minutes before I start proper...
2007-05-21, 3:03 AM #19
No, he's not gay. :P She should just leave him because he has terrible taste in music. Ò.Ó
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2007-05-21, 2:38 PM #20
That's honestly the most homophobic I've ever heard Martyn... Its a really sad thing for a gay person's loved ones to abandon them just because they're gay... :(

/end of rubbish joke
/fluffle
2007-05-24, 11:46 PM #21
Hooray! It's time to drive to Scotland! I'm taking my lappy in case I can get t'internet (It's actually mainly for emergency burning of CDs for the ceremony...).

Wish me luck!
2007-05-28, 1:21 AM #22
[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v464/martynpie/DSC01289.jpg]

Oh yes.

I haven't edited all the photos yet, but once I get round to sorting them out I'll put them here and on facebook.

The weekend was fantastic - our speech went down in history as THE BEST ONE EVAR and if I didn't have to dash off and help someone move house I'd give you a taster :P

But away!
2007-05-28, 1:23 AM #23
<3some
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum

↑ Up to the top!