Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Trans Am
Trans Am
2007-05-20, 5:36 AM #1
Haven't posted for a while, so I thought I'd stick my car up as I think there are some other f-body owners on here.

I bought it about 4 months ago, it's a 5L TPI with WS6.

It's that low to the ground that every speed-bump or dip in the road has to be negotiated. I'm hoping the police never get a chance to look at the thing too closely, because not everything was converted to australian compliance. It's still LHD, which is legal here, but other things like the orange drive lights and seatbelts should have been converted.

There aren't many of these down here really. There's a fair number of corvettes, and a few Camaro's, but not many Firebirds/Trans Am's.

Actually, there is a small lever behind the main wipers/indicators/CC/hi-beam stalk that I can't seem to figure out what it does? If anyone knows, it'd be appreciated.
Attachment: 16311/trans_am.jpg (52,140 bytes)
2007-05-20, 5:46 AM #2
Odds are... if you open your glovebox... there's probably a owner's manual in there that'll explain that right up for you.
>>untie shoes
2007-05-20, 10:01 AM #3
Originally posted by GHORG:
Actually, there is a small lever behind the main wipers/indicators/CC/hi-beam stalk that I can't seem to figure out what it does? If anyone knows, it'd be appreciated.
on my pontiac, that's what lets you raise and lower the steering wheel
2007-05-20, 11:53 AM #4
That's what it sounds like to me.

I never got the point of getting a car so low that you constantly have to be careful what you drive over.
2007-05-20, 12:36 PM #5
Most people go slow over speedbumps to avoid doing anything to their suspension anyway.
nope.
2007-05-20, 12:39 PM #6
I speed up for them. That's why they're called speed bumps.
2007-05-20, 2:02 PM #7
Real men drive trucks. :awesome:
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2007-05-20, 2:10 PM #8
Originally posted by Kieran Horn:

Yeah. Dump Trucks.

[http://www.elph.com.au/thiesspl.jpg]
>>untie shoes
2007-05-20, 2:16 PM #9
Originally posted by GHORG:

It opens my garage door. Will you leave it the hell alone, please?

Actually, I'm guessing it's the steering wheel adjustment stick. Move the lever, and I bet the steering wheel will move up and down.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2007-05-20, 2:25 PM #10
Originally posted by Chewbubba:
It opens my garage door. Will you leave it the hell alone, please?

That reminds me of the Nationwide insurance commercial where the guy is trying to find out what the light switch does.
>>untie shoes
2007-05-20, 2:55 PM #11
Originally posted by Vincent Valentine:
I never got the point of getting a car so low that you constantly have to be careful what you drive over.

Cos far too many people think dumped cars look the ****.

Actually lower suspension is usually stiffer suspension which coupled with a lower centre of gravity should improve the cornering characteristics of the car, but I think most people do it for the looks thing.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2007-05-20, 3:28 PM #12
Insecure men drive trucks. :awesome:

2007-05-21, 3:57 AM #13
hahaha paint that ***** black and call it kit.
Current Maps | Newest Map
2007-05-21, 7:40 AM #14
Or not, because as Knightrider2000 showed us, that makes you retarded.
nope.
2007-05-22, 3:03 AM #15
Quote:
Odds are... if you open your glovebox... there's probably a owner's manual in there that'll explain that right up for you.

Car doesn't have a glovebox and I don't have a manual :/

It doesn't seem to adjust the steering wheel, pushed it forward and wiggled the wheel around but no luck.

The ride height is a bit annoying at times, but between the sway-bars, springs and CoG it corners like it's on rails. I'm pretty sure it came from the factory at this height due to the WS6 suspension.

That's not a dump-truck, this is a dump-truck:
Attachment: 16334/truck.jpg (60,414 bytes)
2007-05-22, 8:05 PM #16
I almost thought this thread was going to be about you being a transvestite.
一个大西瓜
2007-05-22, 8:32 PM #17
Originally posted by Pommy:
I almost thought this thread was going to be about you being a transvestite.

No one has ever been as disappointed in their entire life.
2007-05-24, 8:00 PM #18

I always thought men with small johnsons drove trucks... :tinfoil:
MastaX
2007-05-24, 8:15 PM #19
Originally posted by MastaX:

:mad:

Originally posted by Jon`C:
2007-05-24, 8:21 PM #20
Did you just quote yourself quoting someone else replying to a quote of another reply?
幻術
2007-05-24, 8:35 PM #21
Originally posted by Koobie:
Did you just quote yourself quoting someone else replying to a quote of another reply?

Originally posted by MastaX:

:mad:

Originally posted by Jon`C:

:awesome:

↑ Up to the top!