Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I believe it was George Carlin who said...
I believe it was George Carlin who said...
2007-05-20, 8:29 PM #1
"Imagine how dumb the average person is. Half of them are dumber."

http://www.creationmuseum.org/about
>>untie shoes
2007-05-20, 8:41 PM #2
this is why i refuse to go to cincy.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2007-05-20, 9:09 PM #3
Hm, sounds like a cool idea. I'd be interested to visit.

And no, I'm not being sarcastic.
2007-05-20, 9:31 PM #4
I'd be interested to see if they've done a decent job. Watch out though, looks like there are armenian evangelicals at work in there. :P Still, with any luck, it'll be run by more intellectual folks and less knee-jerk "lolz evolution is stupid cuz I read this on the intenet" kinds of people.

EDIT: Holy crap, that's right near where I'm moving too!
2007-05-20, 9:33 PM #5
Sounds like it'll be the average "Why would God make people this way if he didn't have a plan? That's why jesus loves you..." and then the bible's creation story.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-05-20, 10:21 PM #6
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
Watch out though, looks like there are armenian evangelicals at work in there. :P

What's up with tagging Armenian ethnicity up there? Did I miss something, have the Armenian people been particularly zealous in their religious teachings as of late? Morso than Christians from other ethnicities?
"Well, if I am not drunk, I am mad, but I trust I can behave like a gentleman in either
condition."... G. K. Chesterton

“questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself”
2007-05-21, 7:50 AM #7
St. Augustine warned against this stuff sixteen hundred years ago:

"It very often happens that there is some question as to the earth or the sky, or the other elements of this world -- respecting which one who is not a Christian has knowledge derived from most certain reasoning or observation, and it is very disgraceful and mischievous and of all things to be carefully avoided, that a Christian speaking of such matters as being according to the Christian Scriptures, should be heard by an unbeliever talking such nonsense that the unbeliever perceiving him to be as wide of the mark as east from west, can hardly restrain himself from laughing."

"When they found that we believed, on the authority of Scripture, in things which they assuredly knew to be false, they would laugh at our credulity with regard to its more recondite truths, such as the resurrection of the dead and eternal life."
2007-05-21, 8:04 AM #8
Eh, I thought the Internet was full of stuff like that. Whatever.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2007-05-21, 9:26 AM #9
I'm so tired of people taking the creation story from the Bible literally.

Moses wrote most of Genesis (well, he told the stories and it was written later, but you get the idea) as a way to explain to his people why things were the way they were. This means that Genesis is not necessarily the actual way it happened. That's why dinosaurs and prehistoric man aren't in the Bible and why some people believe the Earth is only 5000 years old.

:rolleyes:
2007-05-21, 12:39 PM #10
Actually, they believe it to be around 6,000 years old. Which is, coincidentally, about 1,000 years after the Sumerians invented glue.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.

↑ Up to the top!