Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Galactic Civ II journal
Galactic Civ II journal
2007-05-20, 8:33 PM #1
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=161570&site=pcg

Blog of a person's 18+ day long campaign in Galactic Civilizations II. If you've ever played the game, it's a good read.

If you haven't played the game, it's still a bit entertaining. But you should really check it out if you haven't if you're a fan of the Master of Orion series.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-05-20, 9:07 PM #2
I read the whole thing.

Pretty cool. GalCivII is a pretty nice game. Maybe I'll get the expansion... and more ram.
2007-05-20, 9:08 PM #3
I've never played the game, but the article is still quite entertaining :D
2007-05-20, 9:09 PM #4
It's a great game, you should get it. It's like Civilization, but in IN SPACE! And about three times more complicated.
2007-05-20, 9:25 PM #5
The expansion more than doubles the amount of content. A whole new campaign, plenty new races, new parts, whatever. It's a must buy if you only have the original.

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-05-20, 9:30 PM #6
I played civ3 for about 2 minutes and uninstalled it. Did I miss something, or is it a turn based "RISK" simulator with useless ammounts of micromanagement and crappy long-winded 'battle' scenes where nothing actually happens but you have to watch two poorly modeled units tap eachother?
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-05-20, 9:34 PM #7
Originally posted by JediKirby:
I played civ3 for about 2 minutes and uninstalled it. Did I miss something, or is it a turn based "RISK" simulator with useless ammounts of micromanagement and crappy long-winded 'battle' scenes where nothing actually happens but you have to watch two poorly modeled units tap eachother?

It's more like Master of Orion than civ. The only real difference is that you don't directly control the battles, but you make every ship from scratch using dozens apon dozens of parts and millions of combinations. You can skip combat sequences as well. (I wouldn't. They look damn awesome)

Look stuff up if you're interested instead of assuming thing about a game you've never heard of, though XD

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-05-20, 9:35 PM #8
ooooooh, I thought it was a civ game. Ignore me.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-05-20, 10:13 PM #9
Quote:
The Drengin Empire declared war on me. The Yor Collective - who have also inexplicably overtaken me in the population stakes - declared war on me. The Drengin declared war on the Yor. The Terrans declared war on the Drengin. The Yor declared war on the Torians. The Drengin declared war on the Korx. The Altarians declared war on the Drengin. The Altarians declared war on the Yor.

Yeah, that's GalCiv alright. :D

Edit - Finished the whole thing. Entertaining, but it seems like he won due to the screwy and inexplicable actions of the ai more than anything else.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2007-05-20, 10:14 PM #10
Originally posted by JediKirby:
watch two poorly modeled units tap eachother?

hottttttt....!
2007-05-20, 10:56 PM #11
Originally posted by Tracer:
Yeah, that's GalCiv alright. :D

Edit - Finished the whole thing. Entertaining, but it seems like he won due to the screwy and inexplicable actions of the ai more than anything else.

He hasn't won yet.

" So the Drengin declared war, the Yor declared war, and finally the Terrans declared war. Another, more intense spate of invasions rocked my colonies, and another planet was lost. At last I mastered Beyond Mortality, the second-to-last milestone on the path to enlightenment, and discovered exactly how long the home stretch would be. Sixty weeks."

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-05-21, 11:30 AM #12
Day 19 is up.

↑ Up to the top!