Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Dark Knights Joker
Dark Knights Joker
2007-05-20, 11:11 PM #1
I'm not joking. :downswords:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=20534

I think I like it. I guess it all depends on how he acts and all of that.
My blawgh.
2007-05-20, 11:14 PM #2
Okay, now we have an EMO Joker.

Hopefully we soon get a ZANY joker $_$
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2007-05-20, 11:38 PM #3
The look is fine, as you said, how he acts is the most important thing.
2007-05-20, 11:39 PM #4
I rather like it... too bad I hated Batman Begins so I have no faith in this movie.
>>untie shoes
2007-05-21, 3:11 AM #5
Anyone who hated Batman Begins needs to choke on a MeLoN and die.
Completely Overrated Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Comple...59732330769611
A community dedicated to discussing all things entertainment.
2007-05-21, 3:23 AM #6
Anyone who liked that bat mobile needs to choke on a robin.
2007-05-21, 11:05 AM #7
The bat mobile was silly, but it made more sense than the other models.
2007-05-21, 11:15 AM #8
Does it come in black? :P
2007-05-21, 11:17 AM #9
Originally posted by FastGamerr:
Okay, now we have an EMO Joker.

How is that emo?

I like it.
2007-05-21, 11:34 AM #10
I didn't like the Bat-SUV but it was more realistic. Insofar as such a vehicle can be.

People who disliked Batman Begins really do need to choke on a specific cylindrical object though.
2007-05-21, 11:40 AM #11
Amen, JonĀ“C.

And Vinny, the first thing I thought about spread lipstick was "emo", and that's about it. I sure hope he's gonna be really crazy in the actual flick.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2007-05-21, 12:28 PM #12
Anyone hating Batman Begins is beyond my comprehension. I personally thought it was the best comic book movie of the year (if not the decade) and I'm looking forward to the next one.
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2007-05-21, 1:03 PM #13
Originally posted by SavageX378:
Anyone hating Batman Begins is beyond my comprehension. I personally thought it was the best comic book movie of the year (if not the decade) and I'm looking forward to the next one.

V for Vendetta. :/

(PS: Did you know that Spider-Man 2 is the highest reviewed comic adaptation of all time?)
2007-05-21, 1:04 PM #14
:awesome:

He looks like he's danced with the Devil by the pale moonlight one too many times.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2007-05-21, 1:12 PM #15
Batman Begins could quite possibly have been the best Superhero film ever made, despite the un-batty batmobile.

New Joker, I suppose it fits in with the darker atmosphere of the new series, but if he doesn't have any green in his hair I'm going to be pissed!
nope.
2007-05-21, 1:41 PM #16
He doesn't look nearly crazy enough. Hopefully the acting is right.

Originally posted by Vincent Valentine:
V for Vendetta.

Agreed. In fact, I think I'll watch that right now.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2007-05-21, 2:03 PM #17
What I liked about the Joker was that he was crazy, yes, but he also had some class.

This picture looks like someone who goes around stabbing babies and ripping the flesh of women.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2007-05-21, 2:10 PM #18
The reason I didn't like the movie was mainly the poorly choreographed fight scenes. You couldn't tell what the hell was going on the entire time.

And don't tell me you liked it that way, because that's akin to saying you like dialogue in movies that can't be heard.
>>untie shoes
2007-05-21, 2:19 PM #19
I also hated that guys Batman voice.

It sounded like what Duo must sound like when he's trying to be a cop.
2007-05-21, 2:54 PM #20
I hope they keep the suit.
幻術
2007-05-21, 3:21 PM #21
I thought this thread was about me :gbk:
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2007-05-21, 3:39 PM #22
http://www.ibelieveinharveydenttoo.com/

Check the site again, and select all the text :P
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2007-05-21, 3:59 PM #23
Originally posted by Baconfish:
Batman Begins could quite possibly have been the best Superhero film ever made, despite the un-batty batmobile.

New Joker, I suppose it fits in with the darker atmosphere of the new series, but if he doesn't have any green in his hair I'm going to be pissed!

Attachment: 16331/closeup2.jpg (29,995 bytes)
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2007-05-21, 5:10 PM #24
I always hated the original batman movie because the Joker dies at the end. WTF was up with that? The Joker never dies. Other villains come and go, but the joker is forever.
Wikissassi sucks.
2007-05-21, 5:28 PM #25
I loved Batman Begins, but Antony has a really good point. MB could probably back me up: Both the editing and the camera work in Batman Begins is really jumpy and difficult to follow; like a comic book. The chase scene and many of the close combat scenes were absolutely impossible to follow for the untrained eye.

I am wiith Echoman, though. I really hope that this joker is classy, loud mouthed, and crazy.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-05-21, 5:31 PM #26
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/32723

Somebody threw Joker cards around Meltdown in Hollywood. Neat.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2007-05-21, 5:53 PM #27
/me points to sig
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2007-05-22, 9:48 AM #28
Originally posted by JediKirby:
I loved Batman Begins, but Antony has a really good point. MB could probably back me up: Both the editing and the camera work in Batman Begins is really jumpy and difficult to follow; like a comic book. The chase scene and many of the close combat scenes were absolutely impossible to follow for the untrained eye.

I am wiith Echoman, though. I really hope that this joker is classy, loud mouthed, and crazy.

I dunno, any time I've read a comic book the parts where batman is pounding the **** out of someone's face have been pretty clearly illustrated.
2007-05-22, 10:05 AM #29
POW!
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2007-05-22, 10:13 AM #30
BIFF.
2007-05-22, 12:18 PM #31
I must be the only person here who absolutely loved everything about Batman Begins, and thought the other Batman movies were always kinda lame.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2007-05-22, 12:23 PM #32
Originally posted by phoenix_9286:
I must be the only person here who absolutely loved everything about Batman Begins, and thought the other Batman movies were always kinda lame.

Nope.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2007-05-22, 12:27 PM #33

Almost.

I liked the first Tim Burton one, the rest were a bit mince.
nope.
2007-05-22, 12:48 PM #34
Quote:
Tomoko Sasaki (TOKIOHEIDI) - NiGHTS

:o
2007-05-22, 12:59 PM #35

No, I completely agree with you. Except I thought the four batman movies of 89-97 went from "kinda lame" to "oh my god, please make it stop".

Batman Begins was exactly what the franchise needed.
2007-05-22, 4:24 PM #36
Quote:
The reason I didn't like the movie was mainly the poorly choreographed fight scenes. You couldn't tell what the hell was going on the entire time.

That and the new background they made up for batmans past was the only things i didnt like about the movie. I hope Heaths been watching the orginial batman cartoons cause mark hamill was the best joker ever.
Take that there and put it in here
2007-05-22, 5:48 PM #37
Originally posted by JediKirby:

I think the director said he wanted to make the fight more "realistic" in the fact that it doesn't seem choreographed. Though I still see your point. In the final fight of the movie, the final fight could be filmed better. I don't mind the confusion and chaotic camera when he's taking down his enemies through stealth though since it matches what the enemies are feeling, fear and confusion.
2007-05-22, 5:59 PM #38
I think the best characterization of the Joker I ever saw was in an episode of the Batman/Superman adventures. Iirc, Batman, Superman, Lex Luthor, and the Joker were all in a blimp that was going down, and Batman, Superman, and Luthor were arguing about how they're going to die, or something, and the Joker, tied to a chair, is cackling his head off in the background.

Also, needs more Mark Hamill.
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2007-05-22, 6:00 PM #39
Quote:
I hope Heaths been watching the orginial batman cartoons cause mark hamill was the best joker ever.

YES! Hamill is the best villain voice artist ever, period. He's all over the cartoon network lineup. He's in a couple of Miyazaki films (Only the English versions, obviously). He was Pendecker in The Tick. He would have been Zim, except he couldn't do the sixty second screams. And he's ****ing STICKY BEARD, the most awesome villain EVER. Except for the Toilenator, that is.
Wikissassi sucks.
2007-05-22, 6:16 PM #40
Yes Mark Hamill owns all. This is fact.

↑ Up to the top!