Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Counting down..... (Heroes)
Counting down..... (Heroes)
2007-05-21, 8:37 AM #1
O.o

EDIT: http://sillyani.vox.com/library/post/heroes-countdown.html
幻術
2007-05-21, 9:08 AM #2
So, are we going to talk about the episode after it airs in this thread, or make a new one? I'm betting on 2 new ones.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2007-05-21, 10:58 AM #3
One by each of us?

(Hrm. 7 hours to do!)
Wikissassi sucks.
2007-05-21, 11:15 AM #4
I've actually got plans to watch it tonight, instead of waiting to watch it online Tuesday night. Now, the morons I work with won't spoil it like last week.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2007-05-21, 11:17 AM #5
I have work tonight.
2007-05-21, 2:32 PM #6
I have nothing because heros sucks.
2007-05-21, 3:26 PM #7
I wrote a script I would like the admins to run on the database...

It replaces all of TE's posts with the actual value of the content represented : Nothing.
Wikissassi sucks.
2007-05-21, 3:27 PM #8
Originally posted by Isuwen:
I wrote a script I would like the admins to run on the database...

It replaces all of TE's posts with the actual value of the content represented : Nothing.

vote +1
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2007-05-21, 3:56 PM #9
Hmm, I could probably make a greasemonkey script to make ignored posts invisible... :P
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2007-05-21, 4:42 PM #10
i hate te
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2007-05-21, 4:47 PM #11
Originally posted by NoESC:
i hate te

ROFL :D
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2007-05-21, 4:57 PM #12
See? In one post i managed to derail an entire thread. I knew i could.
2007-05-21, 5:13 PM #13
Originally posted by Tiberium_Empire:
See? In one post i managed to derail an entire thread. I knew i could.

i hate you
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2007-05-21, 7:02 PM #14
Key points:
Peter meets Jessica just in time to get super strength and kick Sylar's but with it.
Peter absorbs the radiation power from Sylar, so he's essentially absorbed it twice.
Hiro kills Sylar.
Nathan sacrifices himself to stop the explosion. Peter can survive it, of course - though, he can also fly. So why did he need Nathan at all? And, why wouldn't Nathan just fly him out to sea and let him go? Then they could both be alive. It doesn't make any sense.
:psyduck:

Now, Hiro at the end - that's just awesome. And there's that symbol again! Also, it was Sulu in the samurai costume. Maybe they didn't mean it to be the same character, but it was the same actor.
Wikissassi sucks.
2007-05-21, 7:04 PM #15
I don't think anyone dies in this episode. They'll ALL BE BACK I SWEAR
2007-05-21, 7:08 PM #16
So...Nathans's dead, Peter may or may not be dead, Parkman may or may not survive, Sylar is alive, Hiro is in the past...Anything major I'm missing?
2007-05-21, 7:09 PM #17
Originally posted by Isuwen:
Key points:
Peter meets Jessica just in time to get super strength and kick Sylar's but with it.
Peter absorbs the radiation power from Sylar, so he's essentially absorbed it twice.
Hiro kills Sylar.
Nathan sacrifices himself to stop the explosion. Peter can survive it, of course - though, he can also fly. So why did he need Nathan at all? And, why wouldn't Nathan just fly him out to sea and let him go? Then they could both be alive. It doesn't make any sense.
:psyduck:

Now, Hiro at the end - that's just awesome. And there's that symbol again! Also, it was Sulu in the samurai costume. Maybe they didn't mean it to be the same character, but it was the same actor.

1: timing is everything ;)
2: meh, not sure if that is possible, could be one hell of an overload if that were the case
3: supposedly
4: my guess is that he was concentrating on containing/delaying the explosion. I doubt he wanted to take his mind off of that long enough to fly himself. And if dropped in the sea, that would still cause mass destruction due to the tidal waves that would rape NYC
5: Rumors have floated that Hiro's father is the samurai from the stories (can't remember the name)
$do || ! $do ; try
2007-05-21, 7:09 PM #18
Yeah... when the hell does season 2 start?
Wikissassi sucks.
2007-05-21, 7:09 PM #19
I have a feeling it's too soon to count Nathan as dead
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2007-05-21, 7:11 PM #20
I think Nathan is toast. Unless he released and shot off to the side (since below would have fallout and explosion-ness, and above would be even closer due to ballistics)
$do || ! $do ; try
2007-05-21, 7:13 PM #21
We were expecting Nathan to be next season's main villain. Didn't see that twist coming.

As to why Peter didn't fly away himself: Has he ever used 2 powers at the same time? I can't remember any time that he did. Maybe he can only use one at a time? Or, maybe he had no control of his powers while he was reaching critical mass.

Also, Hiro Kicks ***, again. I was afraid they weren't going to show where he teleported to. Great ending!
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
2007-05-21, 7:55 PM #22
I was disappointed at the fight between Pete and Sylar. Pete beat him down a little, but I was expecting more of an exchange like last time they met.

I was also disappointed that when the bad guy is in town, why does everyone try to take him on one at a time, instead of together? For that matter, I'm kinda disappointed Sylar's not dead. I'm ready for someone else to be the villian.

Not much of a body count tonight either. I was pretty much expecting more killings. I guess Linderman is officially toasted, and would be the only confirmed death.

The little girl dropped a nice and creepy forshadow toward the villian for next season. And Sylar's line to Peter was good, but I can't remember it exactly - You're the villain, Peter. I'm the hero.

One final item why did Jessica step in the fight? What exactly was her motivation for getting involved? Did she know Peter?
2007-05-21, 9:30 PM #23
Molly's foresight into the next villain was cool. I'm betting it's someone with that company.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2007-05-21, 9:42 PM #24
WOW she had one strong punch!!
Back again
2007-05-21, 9:46 PM #25
Oh, how come the chick wasn't fat when the illusion wore off? I thought that's what they were implying about her.
2007-05-21, 9:58 PM #26
boooom bada booom boom chikan good
Back again
2007-05-21, 10:05 PM #27
Originally posted by Emon:
Molly's foresight into the next villain was cool. I'm betting it's someone with that company.
I thought it was pretty clear that she was talking about the Haitian? Or maybe I'm just crazy?
2007-05-21, 10:19 PM #28
I'm pretty sure Sylar is dead. Sending Hiro flying away from Peter was his last dying deed. Also, at the beginning of the episode it credited Zachary Quinto, the actor who plays Sylar, as a "guest star."

Also... "you look bad ***."

I thought it was the Haitian too, but I dont really get why he would be able to "see" her back.

Also, Peter's got to be alive, otherwise why the elaborate sacrifice from Nathan when Claire could have supposedly killed Peter?
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2007-05-21, 10:38 PM #29
Oh btw I almost forgot Noah .
2007-05-21, 11:44 PM #30
@#$%! :D
Pissed Off?
2007-05-22, 12:23 AM #31
Does anyone see the villain next season as being a possible evil Professor X?
Completely Overrated Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Comple...59732330769611
A community dedicated to discussing all things entertainment.
2007-05-22, 12:58 AM #32
I had the misfortune of turning on my TV and seeing the show for 5 seconds. The line that was spoken was "You saved the cheerleader... so we could save the world." or something similar. I quickly changed channels.
2007-05-22, 8:44 AM #33
I thought we were supposed to be led to believe that Sylar didn't die. Didn't you see the blood trail from where he was laying to the sewer cover and the obligitory Madagascar Hissing Cockroach they always show around Sylar?

Which brings me to my next question - wtf is up with the roaches and Sylar? Is it supposed to represent his survivability or something?
2007-05-22, 10:33 AM #34
Yes yes SiliconC, we get it, you're smug because you don't like something.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2007-05-22, 10:42 AM #35
:awesome:
2007-05-22, 4:00 PM #36
I had the misfortune of seeing an SC post. I saw the first 4 words "I had the misfortune" and I quickly scrolled past the post.
2007-05-22, 11:02 PM #37
Why didn't Claire just shoot Peter? He would have been fine, and it would have stopped the explosion.

Why wasn't Candice fat after the illusion went away?

Also, I'm betting the person who could see her back is Mrs. Petrelli.

But didn't Sylar look back when she did it?

"Mom! Dad needs your help!" - WTF is Nikki gonna do to help DL?

That was a lame finale.
2007-05-22, 11:07 PM #38
Originally posted by Vincent Valentine:
Also, I'm betting the person who could see her back is Mrs. Petrelli.

Oh, that's a good one. Although I thought Molly said it was a he.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2007-05-22, 11:07 PM #39
I also say Mrs. Petrelli since her power isnt known to anyone yet. I'm assuming she has one by the way she has been acting. The haitian is a good guy, isnt he?
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2007-05-22, 11:10 PM #40
Originally posted by Emon:
Oh, that's a good one. Although I thought Molly said it was a he.

You're right. Withdrawn.

I don't think it's the Haitian though... maybe Sulu?

↑ Up to the top!