Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → 360 games
360 games
2007-05-24, 7:41 AM #1
hello massassi.

i just purchased a 360 and would like to ask any of your for game suggestions. i am new to xbox and havent been much of a console gamer since the early years of the PS2. i have been on the lookout for good games on the 360 but website reviews are never straight to the point and sometimes misleading.

ive heard good about gears of war so far. anything else worth dropping up to $60 for?

ive heard crackdown is "alright" then ive also heard its really good.

2007-05-24, 7:43 AM #2
Gears of War*, Lost Planet*...

*I have not played this game
2007-05-24, 7:46 AM #3
Oblivion + Shivering Isles
Pie.
2007-05-24, 7:58 AM #4
Rainbow Six: Vegas is incredible loads of fun if you plan to play on Xbox Live.
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2007-05-24, 8:07 AM #5
Originally posted by Dark__Knight:
Rainbow Six: Vegas is incredible loads of fun if you plan to play on Xbox Live.

Seconded. Also, Gears is simply a must have, so if you're on the fence at all, buy it.

Lots of people like GRAW2. I bought it and have hardly played it, but I haven't had a lot of time lately. It's not a pick-up-and-go shooter like Gears, so I'd suggest only if you like strategic FPSs.

Tony Hawk's Project 8 is loads of fun. The game world is a continuous city with no loading, which IMO is the way a skate game should be.

Fight Night Round 3 is incredibly fun, and great to play with friends.

Also, remember you can download a demo of just about any game off of Live.
2007-05-24, 8:47 AM #6
Guitar Hero 2
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2007-05-24, 8:49 AM #7
Crackdown is GOLD. Anyone who says it's not good needs to be shot in the face with a harpoon gun.

Seriously, buy it, then go on Live and get the new DLC. SOOO worth it.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2007-05-24, 8:55 AM #8
Tony Hawk Project 8 is possibly the worst game I've ever played. I played the demo and laughed my *** off at the terrible number of bugs the game had.
2007-05-24, 8:58 AM #9
Originally posted by Cool Matty:
I played the demo and laughed my *** off at the terrible number of bugs the game had.

Beep boop.
2007-05-24, 8:59 AM #10
Gears of War.
2007-05-24, 9:02 AM #11
These are all good, fun gams, but purchase them in the following order:

Gears of War
Rainbow Six: Vegas
Crackdown
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 (GRAW2)
Lost Planet
Oblivion
Guitar Hero II
2007-05-24, 9:07 AM #12
Originally posted by Vincent Valentine:
Beep boop.

Boop Beep.
2007-05-24, 9:14 AM #13
thanks. i do not have xbox live yet. but i plan to change that somtime next weekend. how well does lag hold out on xbox live? rainbow six vegas definatly has my attention and i am buying gears of war for sure.
2007-05-24, 9:18 AM #14
Lag usually isn't an issue, although sometimes you get a host with a bad connection and get "bullet lag", where the players all move fine, but the bullets are off by 2-3 seconds (lame). Occasionally in Gears, a player will quit (sometimes forcibly for having a slow connection), and the game will pause while the connections are all established again.

Usually, though, everything is fine. I have noticed that whenever I join one of JM's games it's laggy as hell.
2007-05-24, 9:30 AM #15
everyone post your xbox live names and i will add you guys as soon as i hook up.
2007-05-24, 9:31 AM #16
http://forums.massassi.net/vb3/showthread.php?t=45431
2007-05-24, 9:34 AM #17
Originally posted by lobstersoap:
thanks. i do not have xbox live yet.

Just so you know, you can create a Live Silver account that allows you to send people messages, download demos, etc for free. Live Gold is what allows you to play with other people, and you can upgrade a silver account to a gold.
2007-05-24, 9:50 AM #18
oh ok cool. i need to get the wireless adapter. right now i have no way of getting online with my xbox live yet. my computer is in a whole different part of my house.

does any one know any good alternatives to a wireless adapter other than dropping 90 bucks on the offcial one?
2007-05-24, 10:09 AM #19
Yes.

You buy a wireless bridge, so the XBox thinks it has a wired connection, but then obviously you can then use it connect into your wireless network for a fraction of the cost.

Also, buy Gears of War. It's the DADDY.
2007-05-24, 10:10 AM #20
I'm almost positive people have tried various USB wireless adaptors, but I can't remember off the top of my head what the results were.

Also, I must be the only guy who doesn't like Gear's Multiplayer. It's nothing like the Campaign, and personally, that's what I was hoping for. More tactics, less "OMFG CHARGE YOU WITH A ****ING SHAWTGUN AND THEN CHAISAW UR ARSE"
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Last Stand
2007-05-24, 10:21 AM #21
Originally posted by phoenix_9286:
I'm almost positive people have tried various USB wireless adaptors, but I can't remember off the top of my head what the results were.

Also, I must be the only guy who doesn't like Gear's Multiplayer. It's nothing like the Campaign, and personally, that's what I was hoping for. More tactics, less "OMFG CHARGE YOU WITH A ****ING SHAWTGUN AND THEN CHAISAW UR ARSE"

Are you saying MP is more about tactics, or more about shotgun rushing?
2007-05-24, 10:32 AM #22
Pheonix is obviously neither very good nor has he tried MP very much.

At first, it is about "lol shotgun in your face", but as you get better (and play with people who are better), it becomes largely about tactics. You have to work with your teammates to win, and you have to be smart about it. "Shotgun rushing" or "chainsaw charging" only works a small portion of the time.
2007-05-24, 10:48 AM #23
Bioshock.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2007-05-24, 10:52 AM #24
Gears of War
Dead Rising
Call of Duty 3
PGR3

those are the games i own and would recommend all of them

games i've rented that are worth playing
Lost Planet (rent it or buy it just make sure you play through it at least once)
Civil War: A Nation Divided (worth a rental)

and i find myself playing HexicHD more than anything else it's like crack in video game form and those bastards give it to you for free... damn them
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2007-05-24, 11:27 AM #25
Crackdown.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-05-24, 1:12 PM #26
Originally posted by Steven:
Pheonix is obviously neither very good nor has he tried MP very much.

At first, it is about "lol shotgun in your face", but as you get better (and play with people who are better), it becomes largely about tactics. You have to work with your teammates to win, and you have to be smart about it. "Shotgun rushing" or "chainsaw charging" only works a small portion of the time.

You're right, I'm both. I SUCK horribly at Gears online, and I don't try it very much because of people rushing me with shotgun, not communicating, and chainsaw charging. It's a vicious circle. I'm a bad player, and I don't get better because I don't want to play in the games I keep getting.

I've discovered as the years have gone on, that I LOVE team coordination in my games online. But I've NEVER gotten that in Gears, and I'd gladly pick it up and play more if I didn't keep getting games with Shotgun Rushing, Chainsaw Charging, and an utter lack of communication.
Last Stand
2007-05-24, 1:16 PM #27
utter lack of communication? never

every game i have been in there has been plenty of communication... all of it along the lines of "BOOM HEADSHOT" or "PWNED!!!!!!11111" and the classic "SUCK ON MY BALLS LIKE YOUR MOM"
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2007-05-24, 1:23 PM #28
In most of the games I play in, there is good communication. I play with a certain group of people very often, though, to the point where we already know what the other players are doing, so communication is minimal. In most cases, though, communication isn't really a problem.

STOP MAKING EXCUSES
2007-05-24, 4:16 PM #29
Gears of War
Rainbow Six: Vegas
Elder Scrolls 4

Games you should get when they come out:

Halo 3
PGR 4
GTA 4
Bioshock

2007-05-24, 6:06 PM #30
I've got the same kind of group Steven. Also, it's important to realize that *******s only play ranked, because they can't be kicked.

Steven, I don't know why my games are laggy for you. I guess you just have a bad connection to me. I host because, out of my group of regulars, I've got the best connection - and none of them lag in my games.
Wikissassi sucks.
2007-05-24, 6:06 PM #31
Also, Aegis Wing. And it's free!
Wikissassi sucks.
2007-05-24, 10:57 PM #32
I play Gears every Tuesday with the blokes form my office. That's so very much fun - I get to shoot my boss in the back of the head!
2007-05-25, 7:18 PM #33
Quite a few of the folks at work seem to like Chrome Hounds.
2007-05-25, 7:24 PM #34
Viva Pinata and Gears of War.

VP needs more love, its got such a happy little buzz going on.
2007-05-25, 7:29 PM #35
Originally posted by Mr. Stafford:
Viva Pinata and Gears of War.

VP needs more love, its got such a happy little buzz going on.

Viva Pinata is freaking twisted. One of my friends has it. He's a sadistic ******* when he's playing that. The man has a slave trade going on and only feeds them dead bodies.

It almost makes one think of Hell since it's such a cutsey game and you can DO things like that...
Last Stand
2007-05-25, 8:00 PM #36
Prey is a fun little mind****. Not a lot of substance to it, mind you, but fun nonetheless.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.

↑ Up to the top!