Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → How can they deny it if they learn about it?
How can they deny it if they learn about it?
2007-05-25, 8:01 AM #41
Haha, I never even noticed it was the Mail. Still not as bad as the Sun though.
nope.
2007-05-25, 8:13 AM #42
Originally posted by Baconfish:

As much as I may dislike certain internet trends, QF - ****ing - T.

:argh:
2007-05-25, 9:12 AM #43
Originally posted by Recusant:
...scaremonger the middle classes...

Heh, I pretty much figured that. I like how the Arabs actually didn't complain in this case, and there was still this OMG ARBABS reaction.
2007-05-25, 7:28 PM #44
Originally posted by Jon`C:
I already explained how lalalalalalala Jerk.

Okay, your whole post ignored the core of the argument.

Jack Nicholson, or Meg Ryan?
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2007-05-25, 8:03 PM #45
No question, Pauly Shore.
www.dailyvault.com. - As Featured in Guitar Hero II!
2007-05-26, 4:57 AM #46
Ew.

And, Kieran, if you believe that liberalism is about more freedom for everyone... well, maybe it was, once. Over here it's about oppressive tax rates and attacking people who disagree with them.

In many places, it's perfectly okay to put religious displays in public... as long as they aren't Christian!
Wikissassi sucks.
2007-05-26, 9:49 AM #47
Aye i find that so odd "Freedom of religon!...Except christianity!".
2007-05-26, 10:50 AM #48
I'm confused. Okay I'm a foreigner, but my understanding is that the US is full of Christians who publically profess their faith in all sorts of ways: from bumper stickers to T-shirts to proselytising in the streets, bill-boards, door-to-door evangelism, churches all over the place, private schools for Xtian parents worried about science lessons disagreeing with their Bible etc etc.
If you're talking about the state putting religious displays in public of faiths other than Christianity, I've not heard of it. But I have frequently heard of statues of the Ten Commandments outside courthouses and things of a similar vein.

So I have to ask, where's the oppression?
2007-05-26, 11:14 AM #49
I don't see government run facilities publicly endorsing a religion often here in America. Sure a firehouse or a school celebrate religious holidays and such, but its more about just average people expressing their background rather than the government allowing and promoting religion to take place.

There have been incidents of the Ten Commandments in front of the courthouses, pictures of Jesus in classrooms and so forth. There even have been controversies over "under God" in the pledge of allegiance. They have all meet opposition, whether its from political correctness or among the diverse viewpoints of Americans.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2007-05-26, 11:21 AM #50
Also I don't think anyone mentioned oppression, just that there are some hypocritical policies that single out Christianity in random cases.
"The only crime I'm guilty of is love [of china]"
- Ruthven
me clan me mod
2007-05-26, 11:23 AM #51
Originally posted by Recusant:
So I have to ask, where's the oppression?

Yeah, there isn't any. Just "oppression" of people who want a state backed religion. Considering the majority of those guys are Christians, the "oppression" is felt to be targeted to them. In reality it's just keeping with our nation's age-old policy.

Quote:
...just that there are some hypocritical policies that single out Christianity in random cases.

Example?
2007-05-28, 1:29 PM #52
Originally posted by Baconfish:

So I should be less worried?

Bah these UK news sites.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2007-05-28, 1:45 PM #53
Unless its the BBC, Guardian, or Herald, I'd ignore it. :P
nope.
2007-05-29, 6:46 AM #54
The BBC's generally fairly neutral but none of the articles go into enough detail. The Telegraph is normally very good with conservative leanings while the Guardian/Observer might be called the liberal alternative (personally I think it contains heavier bias). The Independent's meant to be half-decent (and ostensibly meant to be politically neutral) but I've never really read it.

The Times went seriously downhill after Rupert Murdoch bought it. The red-top tabloids (The Sun, The Mirror, The Daily Star, The Daily Sport etc) are never to be trusted. And The Mail and The Express are more or less the same as each other and to me are simply over-dressed tabloids.
That's the bulk of our national newspapers.
2007-05-29, 9:35 AM #55
The Scotsman isn't too bad either.
nope.

↑ Up to the top!