Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → What awful food did you eat during your finals?
What awful food did you eat during your finals?
2007-05-26, 5:08 PM #1
Surely some of you had to digest some not-so-great food during your finals, amidst the studying and working to finish projects/papers.

For me, one night, I just had an order of 12 buffalo wings (mild) from a local wings restaurant for dinner. It was better warm, once they got cold it wasn't that great. I got a few spots of buffalo sauce on my work, and, to add to that, I was gaseous all night and next morning.

I also went through around 4 (or 5?) Cup Noodles meals in the course of that week. Also, I ate handfuls of Honey Nut Cheerios without milk. Not unhealthy but quite dry.

You?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2007-05-26, 5:10 PM #2
raw ramen + bottle of water = full
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2007-05-26, 5:12 PM #3
Salsa flavored Combos and Bawls....blehk
Think while it's still legal.
2007-05-26, 5:13 PM #4
I ate... the same sort of stuff I always eat.
>>untie shoes
2007-05-26, 5:14 PM #5
Originally posted by Antony:
I ate... the same sort of stuff I always eat.

Ditto.

However, maybe that's because I never really study for finals. If you pay attention throughout the semester, there really shouldn't be that much you need to brush up on. The biggest challenge I had final-wise was preparing for my Government essays on exam day. However, that's nothing a little Googling and Wikipediaing can't solve.
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2007-05-26, 5:49 PM #6
Dark Knight are you in High School or College? I'm only asking because I too never did much studying for exams in HS (where I also took government)... Found out I couldn't get away with that as easily in a university (common sense)
2007-05-26, 6:07 PM #7
I get away with it just fine and I'm in a private college.
>>untie shoes
2007-05-26, 6:55 PM #8
Originally posted by saberopus:
Dark Knight are you in High School or College? I'm only asking because I too never did much studying for exams in HS (where I also took government)... Found out I couldn't get away with that as easily in a university (common sense)

It depends on the classes, really.

My finals were easy, but I just finished my first year at a community college after four plus years at UC Berkeley. High school was more difficult, to be honest.
Pissed Off?
2007-05-26, 7:17 PM #9
I don't really remember eating during my finals week, save for an energy bar in the morning. Of course, I don't really remember taking my finals. >.>
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
2007-05-26, 7:20 PM #10
I usually make a big honkin' batch of food and freeze it for finals week.

Breakfast is usually cereal then, lunch is whatever I can scrounge together or from the hospital cafeteria.
2007-05-26, 8:03 PM #11
dining hall food is never good
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2007-05-26, 9:11 PM #12
Been a LONG time since I had any finals, but I remember drinking a 3L Mountain Dew the night before my physics final so I could stay awake working physics problems. I went to bed at 4am and got up at 6:30am. Made a 96%. Thanks, Dew.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2007-05-26, 11:05 PM #13
I had easy finals. Last semester, we stayed up for 48 hours drinking all the different minute made lemonade flavors. Pink being my favorite. Honestly, if you ever want to stay up late, these work almost better than expensive energy drinks. But they're not expensive.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-05-26, 11:43 PM #14
I eat like crap year-round.
2007-05-27, 5:23 AM #15
Originally posted by saberopus:

College. I'll be going in to my Sophomore year in the fall. Honestly I've never been big on studying, because if you don't know it the night before, you really are just going to stress yourself out more than you're going to do good for yourself. At least, that's how it's been in my experience.
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2007-05-27, 6:15 AM #16
Coffee.
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
2007-05-27, 6:33 AM #17
I cooked up healthy meals and went hiking for a few miles every day during my finals.
2007-05-27, 2:41 PM #18
Originally posted by Echoman:
Also, I ate handfuls of Honey Nut Cheerios without milk. Not unhealthy but quite dry.

This also describes the bulk of my diet during finals.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2007-05-27, 6:55 PM #19
Originally posted by Echoman:
For me, one night, I just had an order of 12 buffalo wings (mild) from a local wings restaurant for dinner. It was better warm, once they got cold it wasn't that great. I got a few spots of buffalo sauce on my work, and, to add to that, I was gaseous all night and next morning.

I have a friend who did something similar. He lived off of a giant bucket of KFC for a few days. He said it was one of the worst mistakes he's ever made.

My worst was simply nothing. I drank coffee, and that was pretty much it. Quite horrible for a healthy person, but what made it even worse was that it was during a period when I was trying to gain weight.
2007-05-27, 7:15 PM #20
Actually, most of the time during Finals I skip eating altogether. I just forget sometimes, and am usually so busy it doesn't matter. If I do go eat, it's usually at 2 in the morning, at Johnny V's, a local restaurant open 24 hours.
www.dailyvault.com. - As Featured in Guitar Hero II!
2007-05-27, 7:25 PM #21
Seniors in my college don't have to take the finals, because their grades have to be in early so the college knows who's going to participate in commencement. :D

2007-05-27, 9:35 PM #22
Various mexican foods..... Which led to an atomic meltdown. :suicide:
2007-05-28, 1:08 AM #23
Burger king and mary jane.

↑ Up to the top!