Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Which describes you the most?
Which describes you the most?
2007-05-28, 8:46 AM #1
When playing RPG games, almost every class follows under an archtype. Which do you use either in games, or that you describe yourself as in real life?
2007-05-28, 8:51 AM #2
I'm generally at my best while playing/roleplaying the big sword/axe/mace wielding warrior. And by that I don't generally mean the "Hi, me good. Me Jep." type of "dumb" warrior.

I'm simply more in my element wielding raw strength and intimidation over swiftness and cunning, or magic and diplomacy.

Best examples of characters resembling my ways :

Jayne Cobbs
Boromir
Darth Vader
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2007-05-28, 8:56 AM #3
I voted the third option, because many times I like to sneak/thief. However, sometimes I like brute force.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2007-05-28, 9:09 AM #4
Gank from distance = Mage, right?
VTEC just kicked in, yo!
2007-05-28, 9:40 AM #5
I wanna be a ninja!
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2007-05-28, 10:03 AM #6
Eh, voted for "Fighting" but I include summoning übercool magical destruction laser rays or something in it, so I guess it would be a mixture of the first two.

That and OHMYGODSTEALTHDEARGODITHURTSOHMYGOD
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2007-05-28, 10:14 AM #7
Voted stealth, since I prefer to stalk an enemy and let fly an arrow right between their beady little eyes. I always value a little strategical cunning in my attacks, too.

I guess for real life it kind of applies as well, since I hate being at the centre of everything :P before letting fly an arrow right between their beady little eyes.
2007-05-28, 10:18 AM #8
When I played Morrowind I stealthed everywhere, arrowed guys from afar, and theived from like, everbody. But if I ran into a group of guys with swords, I'd take out the short sword and have at it. And if someone punched me, I'd take off my armour and have a good old fashioned fist fight. Awesome.

I suppose I prefer subtly in my killing, but occasionally like to make a mess of things.
2007-05-28, 10:24 AM #9
I tend to be a choose the ranger class so I end up using a bow more often than not, but like Jin said, there's no problem with pull out a sword and opening a can of whoop *** that way too.
Pissed Off?
2007-05-28, 10:29 AM #10
Well, in Morrowind I jump everywhere, steal things and hit people with oversized swords. In P&P RPGs I generally take non-combat abilities and have a few dots in larceny and stealth.

So yeah.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2007-05-28, 10:33 AM #11
Fighting. I tend to use as little magic as possible.
2007-05-28, 10:43 AM #12
Originally posted by - Tony -:
In P&P RPGs I generally take non-combat abilities and have a few dots in larceny and stealth.

Eeewww White Wolf systems X_X
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2007-05-28, 11:10 AM #13
All of the above. I have a few classes I like in every category. After all, playing the same character every time gets boring.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2007-05-28, 11:21 AM #14
I always always always play a mage class. In the case of NWN/D&D it's sorcerer.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2007-05-28, 11:36 AM #15
Fighting, because I get tired of dying at the hands of level 1 characters and resting for a day after each combat.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2007-05-28, 11:46 AM #16
I'm always the rogue. Even if I'm playing a non-rogue character, everyone thinks I'm still the rogue in the party.

In real life, it seems as though I have that aura of invisibility. I was sitting next to a guy in a class and he didn't have his book. The teacher told him to share with a neighbor. He said no one was sitting by him. I was right there. I also am a good pick pocket and very good at stealing watches. >_> Not that I keep any of the stuff I take, but it's fun to know I could.
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
2007-05-28, 11:47 AM #17
I usually play Warlock.

I also like being a support character such as Priest.
Mages are fun.

For FPS I love being sniper, which is the only case I'm a stealth character.
Back again
2007-05-28, 12:10 PM #18
Originally posted by quesadilla_red:
In real life, it seems as though I have that aura of invisibility.

I get that too, although for me it mostly presents itself when I appraoch people and say something. I end up scaring the **** out of them, which sometimes scares the **** out of me.

Does make for good lulz, though.
2007-05-28, 12:20 PM #19
I'm always a fighter. Simple to play, and you get to hit things with other things.
2007-05-28, 12:23 PM #20
Magic. I'm always drawn towards it in rpgs. Though in Morrowind and Oblivion I mix almost equally all three of the poll options, but that might be partly due to the game mechanisms and how to play them efficiently.
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2007-05-28, 12:28 PM #21
Where's the Moxious option? No bard?
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-05-28, 2:16 PM #22
I always seem drawn towards playing a druid as I find it mixes using magic and a good ole but of melee which I always enjoy.

so, in general its a cross between sword fighting & magic.

strangely though I played stealthy in oblivion...
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots
2007-05-28, 2:23 PM #23
Stealthy. A fair fight is a completely unnecessary risk.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2007-05-28, 2:36 PM #24
Brute force always wins in RPGs.

In a first person shooter, however, you really have to do whatever the game expects to succeed.
Wikissassi sucks.
2007-05-28, 2:38 PM #25
Ranged, which seems to have been thrown into the Stealth category. I go for more of a brute-force ranged character.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2007-05-28, 3:29 PM #26
I've always leaned towards the magical side of things in all RPGs. In Oblivion, it was a mix of magic and stealth, but mostly magic.
Naked Feet are Happy Feet
:omgkroko:
2007-05-28, 4:05 PM #27
In Dues Ex i often end up blowing the crap out of everything by stealthily planting bombs everyywhere.

Mix.
2007-05-28, 4:36 PM #28
I don't describe myself in real life with fantasy game class/races.

That **** is straight up only for the truely nerdy.
2007-05-28, 4:47 PM #29
Originally posted by Rob:
I don't describe myself in real life with fantasy game class/races.

That **** is straight up only for the truely nerdy.

Okay, what about games?
2007-05-28, 5:07 PM #30
I tend to be brute force in games.

Real life I like to sneak around and spook people :awesome:
My blawgh.
2007-05-28, 5:21 PM #31
I play a little of everything, but I usually switch between stealth bowing, trick-magicking (I love setting traps in the oblivion mod), and blasting up-close with heavy melee weapons.

Sometimes, though, I'll find a really sturdy shield and a small really quick sword, and I'll go in lightely armored, and just rely on fast footwork to take out enemies. It's actually kind of a fun class to RP in oblivion.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-05-28, 5:26 PM #32
Originally posted by Phantom-Seraph:

Real life I like to sneak around and spook people :awesome:

So..you're a stalker? I think that's a crime, not a class!
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2007-05-28, 5:34 PM #33
I'm a ranger, so I guess I'm stealth.
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2007-05-28, 5:34 PM #34
Originally posted by JediKirby:
I play a little of everything, but I usually switch between stealth bowing, trick-magicking (I love setting traps in the oblivion mod), and blasting up-close with heavy melee weapons.

Sometimes, though, I'll find a really sturdy shield and a small really quick sword, and I'll go in lightely armored, and just rely on fast footwork to take out enemies. It's actually kind of a fun class to RP in oblivion.

What mod is this now? I just got Oblivion and I'm in the process of tricking it out with as many mods as I can. :awesome:
DO NOT WANT.
2007-05-28, 6:06 PM #35
Originally posted by Echoman:
So..you're a stalker? I think that's a crime, not a class!

What if I do it with class?
My blawgh.
2007-05-28, 8:01 PM #36
Stealth. Easily.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2007-05-28, 8:25 PM #37
Mage, unless magic really sucks in the game.

The D&D magic system does, by the way, suck.
2007-05-28, 8:44 PM #38
Stealth, no question.
I love Thief, Splinter cell, sniper stuff, anything where you get to catch folk by supprise.

The first character I made in Oblivion ended up being a master in sneak while everything else was apprentice or less. my current one is more balanced. But I have to make an effort to haul out and fight or use magic.
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
2007-05-28, 9:19 PM #39
I have a lovely vampire assassin with high sneak and marksman skills. He's in the dark brotherhood and has that sweet black armor and hood. So much fun. :)
DO NOT WANT.
2007-05-30, 3:19 PM #40
Stealth/Fighter combo.

I refuse to waste my time developing magical skills that i'm going to be too busy not using to use. Though I do use restore health... Mostly because it's mostly economical and I don't think I have ever run into any vendors in Oblivion that actually sell restore health potions.
<Rob> This is internet.
<Rob> Nothing costs money if I don't want it to.

↑ Up to the top!