Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → So who else is watching History Channel tonight?
So who else is watching History Channel tonight?
2007-05-28, 8:55 AM #1
Because I know I'm taping it
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2007-05-28, 8:58 AM #2
OMG ALREADY POSTED LOL OLD NEWS PIPLUP

Anyways, I know I am.
2007-05-28, 10:06 AM #3
Yes I can't wait.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2007-05-28, 10:08 AM #4
Sadly I have to work tonight, but I have my Media Center recording it for me so I can watch it when I get off work.
2007-05-28, 10:25 AM #5
I'm watching it.
Pissed Off?
2007-05-28, 2:37 PM #6
Yeah, like Lucas really thought of any of that stuff.

"What? Samuri? Well, I guess. I just wanted cool laser swords."
Wikissassi sucks.
2007-05-28, 3:41 PM #7
I cant wait. I'm blowing off the rest of my day for it.

Just kidding. I didn't have anything going for me today anyway :suicide:
My blawgh.
2007-05-28, 3:56 PM #8
I hope it's still on despite not being listed in my cable's menu. Hm.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-05-28, 3:58 PM #9
will be watching
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2007-05-28, 4:00 PM #10
Not on the satalite menu...
Either we don't get it up here in coldland or bell screwed up the times.
2007-05-28, 6:33 PM #11
:awesome:
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2007-05-28, 6:34 PM #12
Am I the only one not upset that TE can't watch it?
Wikissassi sucks.
2007-05-28, 6:39 PM #13
Originally posted by Isuwen:
Am I the only one not upset that TE can't watch it?

I can't watch it either.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-05-28, 6:47 PM #14
This is actually a really well-done documentary.
Completely Overrated Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Comple...59732330769611
A community dedicated to discussing all things entertainment.
2007-05-28, 6:49 PM #15
I'm watching it right now and likin' it a lot too. :)
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2007-05-28, 6:54 PM #16
I'm too tired. I watched the Band of Brothers marathon that was on before this. Funny thing is I watched all those episodes before, but the series is quite great.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2007-05-28, 7:02 PM #17
This all seems like crap I've seen before.

Like it's a mash up of **** everyone has already said, but now FAMOUS NERDS are saying it.
2007-05-28, 7:17 PM #18
Originally posted by Rob:
This all seems like crap I've seen before.

Like it's a mash up of **** everyone has already said, but now FAMOUS NERDS are saying it.

(Although I do like Stephen Colbert and Kevin)
2007-05-28, 7:27 PM #19
I'm taping it - both Legacy and Star Wars Tech.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2007-05-28, 7:59 PM #20
The only thing I learned from it was that Lucas Films went back and inserted that horrible actor from episodes II and III as the Anakin ghost at the end of Return of the Jedi.

When did they do that? It wasn't that way in the 'special edition', as that was made before The Phantom Menace. Is it on the DVD release? Has there been another remastering I somehow didn't notice?

Also, Nancy Pelosi? WTF is that whore ***** doing on this show?
Wikissassi sucks.
2007-05-28, 8:03 PM #21
The only thing I learned from it was that Lucas Films went back and inserted that horrible actor from episodes II and III as the Anakin ghost at the end of Return of the Jedi.

When did they do that? It wasn't that way in the 'special edition', as that was made before The Phantom Menace. Is it on the DVD release? Has there been another remastering I somehow didn't notice?

Also, Nancy Pelosi? WTF is that whore ***** doing on this show?

I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Completely Overrated Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Comple...59732330769611
2007-05-28, 10:38 PM #22
The fat chicks going on and on about how wonderful Lucas is at capturing the complexity of being a woman was enough to make me change the channel.
omnia mea mecum porto
2007-05-28, 11:40 PM #23
I enjoyed it. I was going in and out of the room most of the time though.
My blawgh.
2007-05-28, 11:43 PM #24
I liked everything Kevin Smith had to say.

TPM's CG doesn't seem to have stood the test of time in some of those clips. First time it ever really stood out to me.

Kind of unrelated: Watching this made me want the new Saga Edition RPG book even more. I might be getting it tomorrow, which means we can start our campaign this week!
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2007-05-29, 1:01 AM #25
Originally posted by Roach:
The fat chicks going on and on about how wonderful Lucas is at capturing the complexity of being a woman was enough to make me change the channel.

you just don't understand. We're all warriors. And princesses. And nurturing mother earth types. WOMAN IS A MYSTERY.

Kidding, but I really liked it. (the program, not the bit about women)
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2007-05-29, 1:40 AM #26
But there're only two women to mention in all six movies, and only Leia has the slightest bit of dimensionality O_o.
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2007-05-29, 2:45 AM #27
Yeah, like Lucas really thought of any of that stuff.

"What? Samuri? Well, I guess. I just wanted cool laser swords."

well, no. they based vader's mask heavily off samurai and other things.
2007-05-29, 4:01 AM #28
Vader's mask is based off Nazis, not samuri. And even then, it's more about cool factor than it is symbolism. Really, this is just like all the english teachers that give shakesphear so much credit. He was just trying to make a buck, not write a social diatribe that stands for centuries!
Wikissassi sucks.
2007-05-29, 4:36 AM #29
Only that Lucas has always said that Star Wars is very losely based on some old Japanese movie.
The main concept he liked about the movie was that the story was more or less told by two comical slaves. And thus C-3PO and R2-D2 were born. That is also why he had to bring them back for the prequels.
Sorry for the lousy German
2007-05-29, 4:40 AM #30
Eh, Isuwen, I'm pretty sure that at least some parts of it are based on the samurai helmets. I mean, you know what samurai helmets look like, right? Maybe it's just a coincidence, of course, but I doubt it.
幻術
2007-05-29, 4:44 AM #31
Originally posted by Impi:
Only that Lucas has always said that Star Wars is very losely based on some old Japanese movie.

Akira Kurosawa's The Hidden Fortress.
幻術
2007-05-29, 11:04 AM #32
I like what Kevin Smith said about how an evil person like Anakin should start off by being "whiny and an emo kid."
2007-05-29, 11:14 AM #33
Vader's mask is based off Nazis, not samuri. And even then, it's more about cool factor than it is symbolism. Really, this is just like all the english teachers that give shakesphear so much credit. He was just trying to make a buck, not write a social diatribe that stands for centuries!

I like kittens.
>>untie shoes
2007-05-29, 1:05 PM #34
now I don't know if he based all off it off everything they've been saying, but think about the names (ie Naboo, Jedi) that are directly taken from other culture's myths and that he took the name storm troopers from Hitler, that stuff can't be a coincidence.

And as far as Shakespeare goes, I tihnk he deserves most of the credit he gets, I mean he invented lots of our every day language. And social commentary is not uncommon as far as story writers go. It's just decent social commentary that is. If you want to say anything about him, say that he took almost all of his stories from existing myths and stories, that he did.
/mini rant
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2007-05-29, 1:42 PM #35
Shakespeare was just some hack writer. I could do that. I mean, I already write during National Novel Writing Month.

:suicide:
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2007-05-29, 2:27 PM #36
Really enjoyed it, Kevin Smith and Joss Whedon were win.

(Also, if anyone wants to... "procure" it, PM me)
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2007-05-29, 2:52 PM #37

He deserves all the credit because his writing DID stand for centuries.
2007-05-29, 3:00 PM #38
Originally posted by Tracer:
Shakespeare was just some hack writer. I could do that. I mean, I already write during National Novel Writing Month.

:suicide:

I wouldn't expect this post from someone like you.
2007-05-29, 5:23 PM #39
Quote:
I like kittens.

Me too!
Wikissassi sucks.
2007-05-29, 9:26 PM #40
Me too!

No. The proper method is...

"Nerd 7 this is Geek 12-break-Kitten status is liked, over."
Epstein didn't kill himself.

↑ Up to the top!