Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → What's the longest time you can stay awake?
What's the longest time you can stay awake?
2007-05-29, 1:44 PM #41
Originally posted by Koobie:
Usually if I'm awake for 30+ hours (and especially if I've been doing some drinking during the night) I start getting audio hallucinations that sound very, very real. Like for example I suddenly begin to "hear" Hungarian in Russian, "understanding" everything people say. Or I start hearing people's thoughts. I mean, it's probably not really their thoughts, but still. It's pretty surreal.

Thats a sign of schizophrenia.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2007-05-29, 2:06 PM #42
Originally posted by Glyde Bane:
I thought it was widely accepted as a healing process, letting the body focus less on daily tasks and more on mending wounds and dispelling illness.

Keep in mind I'm not talking about 'common sense' but stuff that has actually been medically proven, if you catch my drift. There has been no evidence that lack of sleep, on its own, delays healing, nor the opposite that sleep accelerates healing. I mean, you feel crappy, but sleep won't shorten the course of an illness any appreciable amount.

Let's just say sleep is hardly understood, as opposed to other natural human functions. In other words, sleep allowing "regeneration" or any of that jazz has not been definitively shown.

To add another "common sense but medically unfounded" is going out into the cold with insufficient clothing, etc, will make your illness worse/get you sick. Just because something is widely accepted by 'everyone' doesn't make it fact.

Read the article I linked; I added it for a reason, heh.
2007-05-29, 5:41 PM #43
Originally posted by SMOCK!:
The most I've ever done is a bit over 24 hours. I went and slept a long time after that. I like sleep.

QFBTWIWGTS.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2007-05-29, 7:45 PM #44
:gbk:
Back again
2007-05-31, 1:07 PM #45
longest i've ever stayed awake is 53 hours. this was accompanied by mild hallucinations ad talking to people who weren't saying anything and other weird stuff.
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2007-05-31, 1:22 PM #46
I died, the last time I tried staying up too long.

I'm not dying again.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2007-05-31, 2:50 PM #47
I was awake for three days in boot camp. You're supposed to get four hours of sleep both nights but that didn't really work out to more than kind of a laying down in the hooch and fading in and out of lucidity.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2007-05-31, 3:41 PM #48
60 hours.

Drinking did not help and probably will not ever.
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2007-05-31, 4:36 PM #49
I have never gone a day without sleep. :colbert:

2007-05-31, 5:02 PM #50
Probably about 35 hours. I start to see things in my peripheral vision and I get really freaked out. I was driving at night and the shadows were really playing tricks on my mind. I got really freaked when I thought someone was sitting in my passenger seat.
Naked Feet are Happy Feet
:omgkroko:

↑ Up to the top!