Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → My goodness...talk about a small world...
My goodness...talk about a small world...
2007-05-30, 9:51 PM #1
So as some of you may know, I'm looking at moving to the Phoenix area. Soo...I called the branch manager of a credit union regarding a posted job position -- briefly spoke with him and forwarded my resume to him, per his request.

Later this evening, I was looking around for apartments in that area -- I sent an email to someone and received a reply with a phone number to contact for additional info. During the conversation, he mentioned he was from Cleveland...incidentally, the bank manager had sad the same thing earlier. I laughed and mentioned that...and he goes 'Oh, is that <name>'? Incredible...he went to school with the guy, and is going to give him a call tomorrow for me to see if there are any other job leads I could look into.

Amazing...out of the ~3 million people in the Phoenix area, I happen to call two who know each other...
woot!
2007-05-30, 10:15 PM #2
I would be your roommate but I don't even have money for half a rent.
2007-05-31, 4:18 AM #3
I was eating lunch with a fellow new hire and had the following conversation:

Him: "So, you went to Mizzou?"
Me: "Yeah."
Him: "I'm not even going to bother asking if you know this person, or that person, or this person that I went to high school with, because that campus is like a frickin' city."

The next day, he and I join a guy a I know from Mizzou for lunch, and it turns out the they both went to high school together.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2007-05-31, 5:03 AM #4
My cousin lives in Indiana. I live in Virginia. I ran into her in Hershey, Pennsylvania. And no, we didn't have any family-related reason for us both to be there. I was on a date, and she was on vacation.

It gets worse. A friend I knew in junior high moved out of state. Two years later, I moved from Ohio to Virginia, and discovered we had moved to the same town and were attending the same high school.

I was playing a mud in the library of this same high school. There was one other player on at the time. I was talking to him. The bell rings, and we both say we have to go. He was the guy about five computers away.
Wikissassi sucks.
2007-05-31, 6:37 AM #5
A couple weeks ago, we had a SolidWorks rep come in to install a couple seats for us on a trial basis, and we were talking about computer games and the like and I happened to mention WYSIWYG Gaming, the LAN center across the street from UF that closed a few years ago, and he knew exactly what I was talking about. Spent the next hour or so complaining about Gainesville and the Gators.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2007-05-31, 12:02 PM #6
One time, I was in a at Union Station, the central train hub in Los Angeles. I had just gotten off of a train from San Bernardino, and had 7 minutes to get to track 11 and board a train headed for SLO (San Luis Obispo).

I was almost to platform 11 when I hear a voice from behind me call "Steven!" I stopped, turning to see who had called me, though figuring that the voice was calling someone else with the same name as mine. I didn't notice anyone in particular behind me, so I turned back and nearly ran into to someone: Myself.

"I've been waiting for this day for a long time!" the other remarkably handsome, identical version of myself said. He looked exactly like me in every way, yet oddly and strikingly different. "I'm your evil twin! I've been waiting for this day my whole life! I am going to ruin you, make your life miserable, and destroy you!" With that, he grabbed the nearly empty soda I have gotten on the first train, and threw it to the ground. "Ha! How do you like that? That's just a small taste of what I am going to do to you!"

I shrugged.

"Oh, that's not enough, is it?" The charmingly handsome evil twin raged. "Take this!" He then grabbed the half-eaten Snickers I had in my other hand, and threw it to the ground and stepped on it. "Hahahaha! Already your life is becoming miserable! Now, I am going to give you a papercut! Hahahaha!" His laugh was evil and maniacal.

I glanced at the large clock that hung on a nearby wall. I had 2 minutes to reach my train. "Look, I've got to go." I ran off. He chased me. I managed to get onto the train, just as it was pulling out. He didn't make it, and was left standing on the platform as I sped off toward the Pacific.

I often wonder whatever happened that evil twin of mine. I hope he is happy and doing well, perhaps entered into some sort of evil-rehab center.
2007-05-31, 12:06 PM #7
I'm SURE one of you guys made up your story, but I can't figure out which one... :psyduck:

2007-05-31, 12:16 PM #8
Originally posted by Steven:
One time, I was in a at Union Station, the central train hub in Los Angeles. I had just gotten off of a train from San Bernardino, and had 7 minutes to get to track 11 and board a train headed for SLO (San Luis Obispo).

I was almost to platform 11 when I hear a voice from behind me call "Steven!" I stopped, turning to see who had called me, though figuring that the voice was calling someone else with the same name as mine. I didn't notice anyone in particular behind me, so I turned back and nearly ran into to someone: Myself.

"I've been waiting for this day for a long time!" the other remarkably handsome, identical version of myself said. He looked exactly like me in every way, yet oddly and strikingly different. "I'm your evil twin! I've been waiting for this day my whole life! I am going to ruin you, make your life miserable, and destroy you!" With that, he grabbed the nearly empty soda I have gotten on the first train, and threw it to the ground. "Ha! How do you like that? That's just a small taste of what I am going to do to you!"

I shrugged.

"Oh, that's not enough, is it?" The charmingly handsome evil twin raged. "Take this!" He then grabbed the half-eaten Snickers I had in my other hand, and threw it to the ground and stepped on it. "Hahahaha! Already your life is becoming miserable! Now, I am going to give you a papercut! Hahahaha!" His laugh was evil and maniacal.

I glanced at the large clock that hung on a nearby wall. I had 2 minutes to reach my train. "Look, I've got to go." I ran off. He chased me. I managed to get onto the train, just as it was pulling out. He didn't make it, and was left standing on the platform as I sped off toward the Pacific.

I often wonder whatever happened that evil twin of mine. I hope he is happy and doing well, perhaps entered into some sort of evil-rehab center.

Wow, Grismath is a dick.

:P
nope.
2007-05-31, 12:17 PM #9
Haha. Bravo, Boco.
2007-05-31, 2:09 PM #10
I met a girl in the DePaul dorms at Chicago that dated one of my best friends from Duluth, and new several of my friends very well, and knew a lot about me. She lives in some lonely town in Wisconsin.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-05-31, 3:23 PM #11
A girl I met in my lectures during the first semester at Uni turned out to be the (not so) long-lost sister of a guy I knew from my Sixth Form.

I say "not so" because she's only 18, so it's not like they'd remained separated their entire lives or anything.
2007-05-31, 3:32 PM #12
When we had a new neighbour move in round the corner we went to greet them.
It turned out that the woman who was moving in was South African and her mother was there with her at the time. Weirdly, her mother knew my aunt back in Empangeni in SA as they'd worked in the same hospital.
2007-05-31, 3:53 PM #13
I know this guy who used to be my girlfriend's sister's boyfriend. met him a few years ago.

well turns out his brother was defended by my father's boss in a civil case a few years prior to my meeting them.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2007-05-31, 3:56 PM #14
Hey, I live in Pheonix! Give me a call babe......not really)

2007-05-31, 4:16 PM #15
My mother dated Drew Carey. Unfortunately, she took the pill that month, and not the next. I could have been a celebrity brat... but then I'd look like Drew Carey. Tough choice, really.

P.S., it was in Akron Ohio.
Wikissassi sucks.
2007-05-31, 4:25 PM #16
Originally posted by NDNmojo:
Hey, I live in Pheonix! Give me a call babe......not really)

omgleikasl???

:psyduck:

I'm job-hunting at the moment..lmk if you know of any banks looking for a personal banker / commercial banking assistant / etc!
woot!
2007-06-01, 12:07 AM #17
When I was in London with my father we heard on the tourist bus that you can't be at the Piccadilly Circus for more than 37 (I think) minutes without meeting someone you know. We tried it. We sat there for over an hour and didn't meet anyone.

But later at an airfield where we were supposed to get a BBQ and freshly picked peas but only got the BBQ we discovered that the guy who ran the airfield was stationed in a small town near Hamburg after WWII at exactly the same time that my father lived there.
Sorry for the lousy German

↑ Up to the top!