Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Send text messages as data?
Send text messages as data?
2007-06-01, 2:08 PM #1
I just bought a Samsung Blackjack, and of course added unlimited data and dropped text messaging.

The default client for instant messenging services uses text messages instead of data, which isn't a problem. I already found a program that just uses straight data.

The only other problem I have is that regular text messages still count as text messages (Unsurprisingly).

I know there are a couple of cingular people, and atleast one other blackjack guy here. So I'm sure one of you might know a way around it.

(Note, I'm not violating my service agreement or anything. I can use the data for whatever I want, and I am.)
2007-06-01, 2:55 PM #2
It's a hackish solution, but there are tons of websites out there that allow you to send text messages.You could browse over to one (on the phone) and use that.

Not as convenient as just selecting message mode and typing one, though.
2007-06-01, 3:06 PM #3
Yeah, I was hoping there was an ap for this.

Can't AIM send to phones? Or actually, I think I can e-mail to phones right? That would be data.
2007-06-01, 4:10 PM #4
You can send email if the other person is picking up their email on their phone, yeah. It's not the same as sending a text though. Don't get the notifcation tht you've got an email like you do a text.
Pissed Off?
2007-06-01, 6:09 PM #5
How's the picture quality of it?
Back again
2007-06-01, 6:11 PM #6
If you can send email on your phone, then this is probably your best bet:

http://www.email-unlimited.com/stuff/send-email-to-phone.htm

Thank me, I spent a good 15 minutes looking through digg to find the article. >.>

↑ Up to the top!