Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Prince of Persia movie script receiving good reviews
Prince of Persia movie script receiving good reviews
2007-06-01, 7:26 PM #1
Beware of spoilers

Basically the reviewer praise the script for staying true to the game's plot and for the inclusion of parkour (essential considering the style of the game). Seems the movie is being produced by Jerry Bruckheimer and possibly being directed by Michael Bay.
2007-06-01, 7:29 PM #2
Sounds like that article was written by a fanboy, but still I'm keeping my hopes up. I like they they got Jordan Mechner to write the script.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2007-06-01, 7:30 PM #3
:awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome:
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2007-06-01, 7:32 PM #4
Originally posted by Cloud:
Beware of spoilers

Basically the reviewer praise the script for staying true to the game's plot and for the inclusion of parkour (essential considering the style of the game). Seems the movie is being produced by Jerry Bruckheimer and possibly being directed by Michael Bay.

Interesting stuff.

Heh, I wonder if all the Persians are going to be black and/or androgynous latinos for this film.
2007-06-01, 10:41 PM #5
Originally posted by Spork:
they got Jordan Mechner to write the script.

:eek:
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2007-06-02, 8:36 AM #6
Originally posted by Lord Kuat:
Interesting stuff.

Heh, I wonder if all the Persians are going to be black and/or androgynous latinos for this film.

I wonder how Iranian news will take it. :rolleyes:
nope.
2007-06-02, 10:15 AM #7
The title of the thread says good "reviews". So I need to see more than one review for me to believe that claim.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2007-06-02, 11:27 AM #8
Bruckheimer and Bay + Parkour + One of my favorite game series ever?

Win.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2007-06-02, 11:48 AM #9
Originally posted by Baconfish:
I wonder how Iranian news will take it. :rolleyes:

:downswords:
2007-06-02, 12:25 PM #10
Originally posted by Echoman:
The title of the thread says good "reviews". So I need to see more than one review for me to believe that claim.

I can see into the future. Nevermind, ignore that typo if you can. Was going to ask who Jordan Mechner is, but a quick imdb search shows that he's the writer for the Prince of Persia games (not Warrior Within...which would explain why he it is the weakest of the trilogy).
2007-06-02, 4:33 PM #11
He's the guy who made the first Prince of Persia game.
幻術
2007-06-03, 11:47 AM #12
I don't know how to youtube link videos, but this is the art the article says they're considering using.

Looks like the Prince to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUksaD-JJgI
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.

↑ Up to the top!