Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → So, I just purchased a 360.
So, I just purchased a 360.
2007-06-04, 12:44 PM #1
I'm thinking about more games to get for it, I have a lovely 42" widescreen HD plasma TV, and the thing looks beautiful, even with the graphical simplicity that is Guitar Hero 2.

I was thinking Shadowrun, it looks like a very good, fun FPS. Also Gears of War, but I've been out of the loop in terms of console gaming for a while. (The last console I owned was SNES).

I love RPGs, and I love FPSs, but I'm open to all genres except sports games.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2007-06-04, 12:52 PM #2
Gears is the most fun I've had with my 360.
2007-06-04, 12:55 PM #3
Gears is, of course, awesome.

R6 Vegas is also a lot of fun.
2007-06-04, 1:03 PM #4
Forza Motorsport 2.
>>untie shoes
2007-06-04, 1:43 PM #5
Originally posted by Antony:
Forza Motorsport 2.

If you're into racing. I played the demo track about 30 times before I gave up. I can't control the cars at all.

Crackdown is gold.
Oblivion, unless you already have it on PC.
BioShock, GTA IV, and Halo 3 are all on the horizon.
Dead Rising is pretty damn fun.
I have a friend that swears Just Cause is the best game he's ever played, even though I can't see any joy in it other than it looks pretty.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2007-06-04, 1:54 PM #6
I was thinking Crackdown too. And yeah, of course Bioshock when it comes out.

Has anyone played Shadowrun? I've heard mixed reviews, but only from game reviewers, not actual players. Anyone heard anything?
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2007-06-04, 2:11 PM #7
Shadow run is breaking ground in that console players can play against PC players. I'd be interested in seeing any stats as to if one side wins consistently...
Wikissassi sucks.
2007-06-04, 2:23 PM #8
Lost Planet
Pissed Off?
2007-06-04, 10:27 PM #9
I had a lot of fun playing Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter at my friends house, so perhaps that.
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2007-06-04, 10:30 PM #10
Originally posted by Isuwen:
Shadow run is breaking ground in that console players can play against PC players. I'd be interested in seeing any stats as to if one side wins consistently...

There were a few racing games on Dreamcast that allowed for this.

I would hardly call it breaking ground.
2007-06-04, 10:34 PM #11
Splinter Cell Double Agent is supposed to be pretty good. I've yet to play through it all. I've also heard that the 360 and original Xbox versions are quite different, with the original Xbox version's missions being more like classic Splinter Cell (darkness is your friend).
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Last Stand
2007-06-04, 10:39 PM #12
Originally posted by phoenix_9286:
If you're into racing. I played the demo track about 30 times before I gave up. I can't control the cars at all.

Crackdown is gold.
Oblivion, unless you already have it on PC.
BioShock, GTA IV, and Halo 3 are all on the horizon.
Dead Rising is pretty damn fun.
I have a friend that swears Just Cause is the best game he's ever played, even though I can't see any joy in it other than it looks pretty.

If you're mentally retarded, follow the contents of this post. Forza is not difficult at all.
>>untie shoes
2007-06-05, 2:13 AM #13
Originally posted by Antony:
If you're mentally retarded, follow the contents of this post. Forza is not difficult at all.

Yes. I'm mentally retarded because I can't play Forza. This makes all the logical sense in the world. I turned all their track help on for acceleration and braking, followed what it said, and would still wind up skidding off the track. Heaven forbid I be bad at a game you're good at. God should just smite everyone else in the world like me now. :rolleyes:
Last Stand
2007-06-05, 2:33 AM #14
Originally posted by phoenix_9286:
Yes. I'm mentally retarded because I can't play Forza. This makes all the logical sense in the world. I turned all their track help on for acceleration and braking, followed what it said, and would still wind up skidding off the track. Heaven forbid I be bad at a game you're good at. God should just smite everyone else in the world like me now. :rolleyes:

Now you're gettin it!
2007-06-05, 4:46 AM #15
Also, for £6 I can heartily recommend Worms (via XBox Live Arcade)
2007-06-05, 5:57 AM #16
gears of war
dead rising
earth defense force 2017 (the cheese levels are so high it's worth owning even with the bad framerate and budget quality EVERYTHING)
lost planet is worth a rental at least
if you like WW2 CoD3 is a solid WW2 fps with some nice visuals
PGR3 can be had cheap off ebay (think $10-15) and is worth it...

and there are quite a few demos on xbox live you can download... and you can't forget live arcade...
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2007-06-05, 10:34 AM #17
Originally posted by Isuwen:

It doesn't break ground as much as it limits the potential of the mouse and keyboard. On PC the game suffers severe CONSOLITIS, with stupid features like auto-aim and lack of features usually found in PC games such as many maps and gameplay modes. Overall the game gets pretty repetitive and probably isn't worth buying. I played it briefly and my friend who bought it at released got bored of it after 3 or 4 play sessions.
2007-06-05, 11:15 AM #18
BIOSHOCK
2007-06-05, 11:21 AM #19
BIOSHOCK.
--Garrison Keillor
2007-06-05, 11:24 AM #20
Gears of War

↑ Up to the top!