Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → *dies*
*dies*
2007-06-06, 8:42 PM #1
Well, not quite...

But my new Asus M2NPV-VM came in - works fine...x2 3600, 4Gb DDR2...etc...but I still can't get this to pick up my PCIE video card. It's got to be a card problem, or maybe I'm stupid. If I'm stupid, someone tell me what exactly I'm doing wrong....tried two Biostar T550s and a Biostar 7050...now an Asus board - still no luck. This is ridiculous, and I'm about to buy a different card...

...but this one works so nicely in my other system...

:suicide:
woot!
2007-06-06, 8:49 PM #2
yeah, you must just be stupid.
:p
(but I don't know what (if anything) you're doing wrong.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2007-06-06, 8:51 PM #3
Is the PSU supplying enough power? >.>
2007-06-06, 8:53 PM #4
What happened to the days when you just plugged everything in and it all just worked!? I built a computer over five years ago. Asus board, Pentium 4 1.6a. Put it together, and it worked. Hell, it's still chugging along at a solid 2.13Ghz...problem-free...

This is enough to make me buy a Dell..agh..
woot!
2007-06-06, 8:58 PM #5
Originally posted by Cool Matty:
Is the PSU supplying enough power? >.>

I imagine so - it's a 500w Coolermaster, and the only other things it's pushing is 4Gb RAM, a DVDRW, HD, sound card & wireless.

The 305w in my Dell was running two HDs, DVDRW, 1.5Gb RAM, the X800XL, sound, wireless....
woot!
2007-06-07, 6:47 PM #6
Tried a different PSU...no go. BIOS doesn't detect the card...neither does Windows. I am at a complete loss.

Come to think of it, the last unsuccessful build I had was an Athlon XP 1600+. Maybe I should stick with Intel...they've always worked for me...
woot!
2007-06-07, 7:26 PM #7
I seem to remember setting something in BIOS about enabling PCI-E. Of course this could be a haze of beer and wine induced memories. Speaking of which I need another one *flags down waitress*
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2007-06-07, 7:28 PM #8
PCI-e is set to 'display first' in BIOS. I couldn't find any other options, and the manual doesn't mention anything..
woot!
2007-06-07, 7:34 PM #9
Video card plugged in? My video card needs to be plugged in as well.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2007-06-08, 11:03 AM #10
Originally posted by JediGandalf:
Video card plugged in? My video card needs to be plugged in as well.

There is no secondary power input on this card..it pulls everything through the PCIe slot.
woot!
2007-06-08, 11:39 AM #11
Is your monitor plugged in? :tinfoil:
2007-06-08, 7:33 PM #12
Originally posted by Anovis:
Is your monitor plugged in? :tinfoil:

Yep. And as a matter of fact, it'll actually say 'No signal'...when the system is running...
woot!

↑ Up to the top!