Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → My proudest video game moment.
My proudest video game moment.
2004-07-20, 6:44 PM #1
Just a minute ago, I completed the Kudos World Series in Project Gotham Racing 2, which is the main mode of the game, on hard difficulty. This means I got a gold medal on every race. Which means I finished second or better against highly skilled a.i. drivers (at least that's what the game calls them) in 180 events. The only problem is, there is one more setting more difficult than this. I now must obtain all platinum medals. Which shouldn't be TOO hard. But right now I'm damned happy about this accomplishment. I have 84 of the game's 102 cars. The really nice thing is, though, with the game set on extreme difficulty (platinum medal) you have to use each and every car in order to win all of the races. You must pick the car that is perfect for the track, weather, and event criteria. I think that's really nice that they made the game so you actually need to have all of the cars. Instead of doing like another racing game I know of and throwing in 500 cars, many of which you'll never drive.

But as of now I've got 9 platinum medals. It's just a matter of time before I get the rest of 'em.

------------------
I figure that one day I'll either be famous, or in prison. But I guess if I'm going to prison, I should probably try to do something that would make me famous anyway.
>>untie shoes
2004-07-20, 6:49 PM #2
well congrats, i'm inspired to go play a good racing game now

------------------
yay for not posting much ever
enjoy.music
2004-07-20, 7:07 PM #3
Nice.

I recently got Gold for all the missions on Rogue Leader. I swear some of the missions were built by the Devil himself.

------------------
This post was proudly brought to you by KegZ™ - Now with 38% more Spam
Rock is dead - but I believe in necrophilia.
2004-07-20, 7:09 PM #4
You mean Lucas?

------------------
enjoy.music
2004-07-20, 7:16 PM #5
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Martin_W:
You mean Lucas?

</font>

LOLOLOLOLLOO

------------------
2004-07-20, 7:39 PM #6
i have no idea what you are talking about, but good job

welcome to massassi Bill, how do you find your stay in the soul box?

------------------
IMPORTANT NOTICE PLEASE READ

Employees dying on the job are faling to fall down. THIS PRACTICE MUST STOP as it becmes impossible to distinguish between death and the natural movement of he staf.

Any employee found dead in an upright position will be dropped from the payroll.
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.
2004-07-20, 10:17 PM #7
He's been here a while...

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-07-21, 4:26 AM #8
It's better than average.

------------------
I figure that one day I'll either be famous, or in prison. But I guess if I'm going to prison, I should probably try to do something that would make me famous anyway.
>>untie shoes
2004-07-21, 9:57 AM #9
Well done

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-07-21, 1:33 PM #10
I think mine was in Thief 2.

So there i was on a metal balcony/fire-escape thing, three stories below me was the ground, gravel with metal and rocks and a guard directly beneath me. Not only would it be insanely noisy to land, the guard would immediately impale me repeatedly by being alerted.

So. I make myself a judicious quicksave, ready my blackjack, haul it back and slip over the edge of the balcony. I manage to release the blackjack at just the right moment while looking so as to clip the guard on the top of the head, sending him sprawling to the ground /just/ in time for me to land silently and without harm on his cushy unconscious body. It was one of the most beautiful things of all time.

------------------
[Blue Mink Bifocals !] [fsck -Rf /world/usr/] [<!-- kalimonster -->] [Capite Terram]
"That's why we had to beat you with tennis rackets".
NPC.Interact::PressButton($'Submit');
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2004-07-22, 7:45 AM #11
Haha that's lovely.

------------------
>>untie shoes
2004-07-22, 7:50 AM #12
I just killed that Diaz guy in GTA:VC. What an accomplishment.

------------------
Massassi - Muh-Sah-See
2004-07-22, 8:53 AM #13
Just yesterday, i was playing ut2k4 with god like bots with map defaults. It was DM-Rankin, and I must say im a bit proud to get 25-5.

------------------
\(='_'=)/
\(='_'=)/
2004-07-22, 8:59 AM #14
My biggest accomplishment--getting past the entrance on the FF6 floating island. THAT SWITCH WAS SO FRIGGIN HARD TO FIND!

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-07-22, 9:01 AM #15
I beat Deathmatch, CTF, and Assault on Normal.......but I only died 3 times.

------------------
(>º_º)> ±h³ ѳv³®-£ⁿd¡תּ9 §±ºr¥ <(º_º<) | (>º_º)> תּℓζ ШǿѓЖ§|-Юρ <(º_º<)
Think while it's still legal.
2004-07-22, 9:27 AM #16
proudest moment... Hmmm.

I think mine was in FF7, after beating the ruby weapon.. took over a half-hour to kill that guy..
2004-07-22, 9:47 AM #17
Proudest moment - beating emerald weapon in ff7, took ages

------------------
If you can read this you don't need glasses
nope.
2004-07-22, 11:50 AM #18
I can't think of my proudest moment. I did find out today that Juhani can be trained in just Two Weapon Fighting(I didn't know this because I usually Auto-Level everyone but my PC) and that there is a Republic Commando movie teaser under the Movies section in KotOR.

------------------
Kieran: The reason I put a link to it is because she is in underwear and I know the admins are touchy on that.
Yecti: Jaiph will touch himself for hours if he so much as smells a woman's underwear

[This message has been edited by Kieran Horn (edited July 22, 2004).]
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-07-22, 4:56 PM #19
I don't know about that... I always just killed her.

------------------
>>untie shoes
2004-07-22, 6:00 PM #20
Hmm...This was a while ago, but I once got about 50 straight kills from the Warthog turret in Halo. Needless to say, the guy driving was awesome too. Oh, and I've also recieved a perfect rating on Anathema in Hitman 2, on the hardest difficulty. And I managed to pull of a double flip in a car in GTA3.

------------------
Some of you should learn to think a bit and discover - *gasp* - that someone can dislike Michael Moore, Kerry, and Bush!
-Wolfy
2004-07-22, 6:09 PM #21
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bill:
I don't know about that... I always just killed her.

</font>

You shouldn't. She kicks ***. She is pretty much a second PC because her slate is relatively clean.

------------------
Kieran: The reason I put a link to it is because she is in underwear and I know the admins are touchy on that.
Yecti: Jaiph will touch himself for hours if he so much as smells a woman's underwear

[This message has been edited by Kieran Horn (edited July 22, 2004).]
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-07-22, 6:13 PM #22
Really? I should consider saving her next time. The dark side is just too funny for me though. I love your dialog choices.

BTW, I did Anathema and got a perfect rating too once... but it wasn't the hardest difficulty.

------------------
>>untie shoes

↑ Up to the top!