Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → ds browser
ds browser
2007-06-11, 2:46 PM #1
posting from my nintendo ds right now. the handwriting is a little off, but cool nonetheless. PDA theme rocks on this and you can disable images so load time isn't too bad. anyone else try it out yet? looking around pages isn't bad either, overview mode lets you have 1 screen the full width and the other a zoomed in section and you can swap screens to either move around faster or click links. omg this takes a long time...
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2007-06-11, 3:40 PM #2
Tried it. It's horrible. I'd rather surf the net on my PC from home than on my DS anywhere else. I couldn't even check my email.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-06-11, 5:15 PM #3
i browse on my phone every once in a while, and its horrible on anything but PDA theme, and even then its poopy
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2007-06-11, 8:35 PM #4
I keep hearing it's pure crap, but for some reason I keep wanting to try it anyway. I like the idea of being able to pull it out when I'm at school. Kind of redundant since I always have my laptop with me, but I don't know, seems like it'd be more convenient if you just want to check something quickly.
2007-06-11, 8:40 PM #5
Originally posted by Aglar:
I keep hearing it's pure crap, but for some reason I keep wanting to try it anyway. I like the idea of being able to pull it out when I'm at school. Kind of redundant since I always have my laptop with me, but I don't know, seems like it'd be more convenient if you just want to check something quickly.

:v:

o.0
2007-06-11, 8:52 PM #6
Originally posted by Greenboy:
:v:

At least I don't sleep with pre-teen girls.
2007-06-11, 8:58 PM #7
I got double hugs today. Nothing like being squished from both sides.

Edit: And shes 13. >:|

o.0
2007-06-11, 9:15 PM #8
The DS browser is pretty much useless unless if you have time waiting minutes after minutes of pages loading. Somewhat decent because I can search the internet randomly outside (there are a lot of open networks in my area).
The PSP browser is better.

As for browsing pages on small portable items, the OQO Model 02 wins.

My friend was playing CS on one of these. I want :(
Back again
2007-06-11, 10:00 PM #9
Glad to hear the PDA theme works great on it though. :D
2007-06-12, 9:31 AM #10
What does the PDA theme do?
2007-06-12, 9:37 AM #11
Gets rid of almost all the fluff in the forum so everything fits in a tiny screen. Also gets rid of about 30% of the code to make it run better on slow browsers.

You can see for yourself if you change themes in the bottom left box.
2007-06-12, 9:47 AM #12
Ohh, I thought it was a feature of the DS browser.
2007-06-12, 2:01 PM #13
Too bad PDA theme is still hard to read. :argh:

(PS, DS browser isn't bad if you need it in a pinch)
2007-06-12, 9:10 PM #14
The psp web browser isnt half bad. It gets decent load times and has a flash player....
2007-06-13, 9:13 AM #15
Grr, the DS browser is $39 Canadian, but only $29.99 US. With the current exchange rate $29.99 US = $32 Canadian.
2007-06-13, 11:31 AM #16
Grr, the DS browser is $39 Canadian, but only $29.99 US. With the current exchange rate $29.99 US = $32 Canadian.

Most retail doesn't convert that quickly where price tags need to be manually changed. For online stuff, books, and food the prices change quickly.

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-06-13, 12:07 PM #17
Originally posted by Glyde Bane:
Most retail doesn't convert that quickly where price tags need to be manually changed. For online stuff, books, and food the prices change quickly.

Believe me, I know. I'm used to getting screwed by the exchange rate constantly.

However, my dad works in the US and I can have stuff shipped to him, so I get better prices and no tax. Joke is on them ;)
2007-06-13, 12:52 PM #18
I'd like to get payed double what I do if you want me to price change things every time the exchange rate fluctuates. There is no joke, we just don't want to spend hours after store closing fixing prices just so they'll go up/down a couple dollars the next week.

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-06-14, 7:28 AM #19
The exchange rate hasn't been bad enough to result in the current prices for a very long time, though. It's been consistently hovering around the 10% area, and I think prices should reflect that. Current prices seem to reflect an exchange rate of around 33%, which is ridiculous.
2007-06-14, 9:24 AM #20
DS browser is THE POOPS. That is all.
Think while it's still legal.
2007-06-14, 10:39 AM #21
The exchange rate hasn't been bad enough to result in the current prices for a very long time, though. It's been consistently hovering around the 10% area, and I think prices should reflect that. Current prices seem to reflect an exchange rate of around 33%, which is ridiculous.

Then you go around and re-sticker every ****ing thing in my store. If half a dollar makes that much of a difference to you then be my guest.

Hell, I'll throw down the 50 cents for you to stop the whining.

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-06-14, 11:33 AM #22
Then you go around and re-sticker every ****ing thing in my store. If half a dollar makes that much of a difference to you then be my guest.

Hell, I'll throw down the 50 cents for you to stop the whining.

I don't care about brick and mortar stores as much as online.

And it isn't half a dollar, it's usually more like 25%.
2007-06-14, 2:04 PM #23
I don't care about brick and mortar stores as much as online.

And it isn't half a dollar, it's usually more like 25%.

Not everyone can shop online. It's not all about you.

Either both change or neither change.

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-06-14, 2:21 PM #24
Maybe you should stop whining and realize that as an employee you do what your job is, and if you dont like it you quit. And then someone willing to put stickers on things will replace you.

o.0
2007-06-14, 2:24 PM #25
Damn.

The HIPPY just told YOU how to do your lemming work.

Iceburn.
2007-06-14, 2:42 PM #26
Originally posted by Rob:
Damn.

The HIPPY just told YOU how to do your lemming work.

Iceburn.

:awesome:
2007-06-14, 2:52 PM #27
Originally posted by Greenboy:
Maybe you should stop whining and realize that as an employee you do what your job is, and if you dont like it you quit. And then someone willing to put stickers on things will replace you.

Replace me from something I don't get payed for?

Go right ahead.

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-06-14, 2:57 PM #28
You volunteer for a crappy retail job? :v:

o.0
2007-06-14, 2:58 PM #29
Replace volunteer with been volunteered for and there you go.

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-06-14, 2:59 PM #30
Why should anyone pay you more to do one extra thing while YOU ARE AT WORK when Huan is twice as productive as you are, whines less than you do or not at all, and is willing to be paid less than you are. All with a limited mastery of English.

But maybe you don't have that problem in Canada like we do here.
2007-06-14, 3:23 PM #31
Replace volunteer with been volunteered for and there you go.

The court ordered him to do it.

Juan, not Huan.

The problem with whiney people like Glyde Bane is that they don't realize doing stupid, mundane tasks is part of life. Aglar never said he wanted everything repriced every time the exchange rate changes, just to have it be balanced somewhere near the middle until another major change occurs. That's completely fair. He never even said he wanted it for retail stores as much as online retailers.

Paying an extra 25, 50 cents might not seem like a big deal, but when a person si constantly paying more for something, it adds up. Consider the price of gasoline. "Hell. it only went up 50 cents." 13 gallons, once a week, 50 cents a fill? That's a nice piece of change I would like not to spend.

[Apologies for taking the thread off on a tanget. The DS browser is awesome/lame/useful/worhtless etc etc. As you were.]
2007-06-14, 3:28 PM #32
I'm sorry if there are more important things to do at a game store, like selling games and organizing shelves, than repricing everything in the store when prices are already changing due to the general market changing.

Unless Juan doesn't have a family, I'm sure he doesn't want to stay extra hours after closing just to make a kid like Aglar happy.

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-06-14, 3:34 PM #33
Originally posted by Steven:
The court ordered him to do it.

Juan, not Huan.

The problem with whiney people like Glyde Bane is that they don't realize doing stupid, mundane tasks is part of life. Aglar never said he wanted everything repriced every time the exchange rate changes, just to have it be balanced somewhere near the middle until another major change occurs. That's completely fair. He never even said he wanted it for retail stores as much as online retailers.

Paying an extra 25, 50 cents might not seem like a big deal, but when a person si constantly paying more for something, it adds up. Consider the price of gasoline. "Hell. it only went up 50 cents." 13 gallons, once a week, 50 cents a fill? That's a nice piece of change I would like not to spend.

[Apologies for taking the thread off on a tanget. The DS browser is awesome/lame/useful/worhtless etc etc. As you were.]

Since you missed it the first time I posted it, I am reposting it.
2007-06-14, 3:40 PM #34
I'm sorry if there are more important things to do at a game store, like selling games and organizing shelves, than repricing everything in the store when prices are already changing due to the general market changing.

Unless Juan doesn't have a family, I'm sure he doesn't want to stay extra hours after closing just to make a kid like Aglar happy.

Last I checked, happy customers were one of the highest-ranked things on a business's mind. Just because you don't want to work, doesn't mean it shouldn't happen. And it wouldn't have to be done in one fell swoop one night either.

Conclusion: stop being lazy and do your job.
2007-06-14, 3:47 PM #35
Originally posted by Cool Matty:
Last I checked, happy customers were one of the highest-ranked things on a business's mind. Just because you don't want to work, doesn't mean it shouldn't happen. And it wouldn't have to be done in one fell swoop one night either.

Conclusion: stop being lazy and do your job.

A happy customer is a customer who walks out with what they want

Not one waiting for me to finish something for someone who isn't even going to BE my customer.

For the love of god people, get some experience in retail. There is *NO* downtime at all. If there was for you then you weren't doing your job.

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-06-14, 3:55 PM #36
My god, you're dense. You're almost as bad Dj-Yoshi.

I am going to explain this to you, slowly, carefully, and clearly.

Happy customers are customer who get what they want. Customers want the lowest price possible.

Your job, is to be the bosses' *****. This is how it works, until you are the boss. Until then, youa *****. Boss says organize, you organize. Boss says asnwer the phone, you answer the phone. Boss says put stickers, you put stickers. Understand so far? The Boss-***** relationship is standard in every industry.

Now comes the tricky part. No one ever asked you to go putting stickers on things. What Aglar did want, however, was for online retailers to have at least somewhat accurate exchange rates. Your whining and *****ing has been pointless, since no one asked you do those things anywhere. The only thing your incessant nagging has accomplished is displaying your lazy attitude, ineptitude at your job, and your incredibly stubborn/ignorant mindset.
2007-06-14, 3:59 PM #37
Customers got the lowest price possible all last month during a massive sale where we DID price everything in the store (Took us 3 hours before opening on the day of the sale to 'red tag' everything that was marked). I don't make the price changes, but I'm trying to get across that it wouldn't be as effective if we priced everything down a few cents during the course of a day. Give me a digital price tag and I'll get right on that.

Every morning we get a massive printout of price changes. 2 pages worth at most, sometimes hundreds of stickers. We have to price change every single piece of merchandise that pops out of that printer before the store opens, which is half an hour after we get the printout. Having to price change *EVERYTHING* in the store instead of doing our job is idiotic.

If a customer doesn't know he could get a couple cents off if we did something like what you suggest is still happy, because of exactly that. He doesn't know about it.

I said it before in this post but I'll say it again: It's idiotic to do anything but our job. There's more to retail than the price of merchandise.

I don't care if my 'whining' (More like logic, compared to what you're suggesting) has been pointless. It was a good talk until I had to explain that retail is more than meets the eye to you.

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-06-14, 4:00 PM #38
A happy customer is a customer who walks out with what they want

Not one waiting for me to finish something for someone who isn't even going to BE my customer.

For the love of god people, get some experience in retail. There is *NO* downtime at all. If there was for you then you weren't doing your job.

It's pretty obvious you don't have any experience in retail. How you manage to work in retail and not understand basic business concepts blows my mind.

:psyduck:
2007-06-14, 4:01 PM #39
A basic business concept to you requires a customer to read minds.

That doesn't happen. If they don't know of a lower possible price at the cost of extra work then they don't worry about it.

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-06-14, 4:01 PM #40
Having to price change *EVERYTHING* in the store instead of doing our job is idiotic.

I said it before in this post but I'll say it again: It's idiotic to do anything but our job. There's more to retail than the price of merchandise.

I don't care if my 'whining' (More like logic, compared to what you're suggesting) has been pointless. It was a good talk until I had to explain that retail is more than meets the eye to you.

Hint: THAT IS YOUR JOB.

Let's just say that your shift is from 7:30am until 4:30pm. Between 7:30 and 4:30, you're a *****. You do what the boss says. And what the boss says, provided that it isn't illegal, is completely irrelevant. You do it because they are the boss, and you are the *****.

↑ Up to the top!