Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Problem with computer clock
Problem with computer clock
2007-06-12, 7:10 AM #1
My computer clock sometimes just randomly freezes and it would stay at that time(e.g. It would say "5:46" and it would actually be "12:00" until I shut down my computer. The main problem with this is that every time I click the clock would black out. The minimized items on my taskbar would go behind my "start" button. When I do press my start button, it's blank.

Not sure what the problem is, but here's what it looks like:

[http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l157/fubura/Clearwater.jpg]
Back again
2007-06-12, 8:31 AM #2
Damn. I wish the clock would freeze for me as well, every now and then. Some evenings I could use the extra hours before needing to go to sleep.
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2007-06-12, 2:02 PM #3
Dude, how do you just BREAK Vista like that...

I've been TRYING and I can't break it.
2007-06-12, 2:29 PM #4
Originally posted by Warlockmish:
My computer clock sometimes just randomly freezes and it would stay at that time(e.g. It would say "5:46" and it would actually be "12:00" until I shut down my computer. The main problem with this is that every time I click the clock would black out. The minimized items on my taskbar would go behind my "start" button. When I do press my start button, it's blank.

Not sure what the problem is, but here's what it looks like:

[http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l157/fubura/Clearwater.jpg]

Wait, you're time travelling.... and you're trying to stop?
nope.
2007-06-12, 6:00 PM #5
Yes, I need to stop. Anyone know how?
Back again
2007-06-12, 6:06 PM #6
Have you checked your clock settings in BIOS?
2007-06-12, 7:26 PM #7
Do motherboards still have those little batteries on them to keep time? Maybe that is dead.
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2007-06-14, 3:30 PM #8
Quote:
Do motherboards still have those little batteries on them to keep time? Maybe that is dead.

It's called a CMOS battery and yes they still have them. Is your BIOS clock correct or does this only affect the time in Vista?

↑ Up to the top!