Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → me? in charge??
me? in charge??
2007-06-12, 4:18 PM #1
would you trust me to be in charge of half a million dollars worth of sourcecode
[ B A H ]
Bad *** by nature,
Hackers by choice
2007-06-12, 4:18 PM #2
Depends. Will this source code being released to the general public cause a nuclear war?

If yes, then I trust you.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-06-12, 4:21 PM #3
I don't know you as a person, so I don't have an answer.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2007-06-12, 4:26 PM #4
^
Seconded
Pissed Off?
2007-06-12, 4:30 PM #5
the question is meant to be kind of ironic; im not proposing it as a fanciful idea, because its already true and i find it kind of entertaining :P
[ B A H ]
Bad *** by nature,
Hackers by choice
2007-06-12, 4:40 PM #6
Then I think you mean rhetoric, not ironic. :P And if you're asking a rhetoric question on Massassi, I think I'll go ahead and say WALRUS .
幻術
2007-06-12, 4:43 PM #7
Originally posted by Koobie:
Then I think you mean rhetoric, not ironic. :P And if you're asking a rhetoric question on Massassi, I think I'll go ahead and say WALRUS .

Isn't rhetoric a noun?
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2007-06-12, 4:49 PM #8
Yeah. The proper word's rhetorical. I just always find it more convenient to say "rhetoric question" instead. Because I'm lazy. :cool:
幻術
2007-06-12, 4:51 PM #9
No.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2007-06-12, 4:52 PM #10
Rhetorically speaking, I find it ironic and completley irrelevant that rhetoric and ironic could be easily confused with their forms as nouns, pronouns, verbs, and conjunctions. By accepting this brick through your window, you acknowledge that you are responsible for all damage caused by this brick's entrance onto your property.
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2007-06-12, 4:56 PM #11
That's what she said.
幻術
2007-06-12, 5:17 PM #12
Originally posted by petmc20:
By accepting this brick through your window, you acknowledge that you are responsible for all damage caused by this brick's entrance onto your property.

that is awesome hahaha
[ B A H ]
Bad *** by nature,
Hackers by choice
2007-06-12, 5:52 PM #13
Yes, but only if you somehow sneak me in there.

or write a pwn class >_>
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2007-06-12, 5:57 PM #14
But....is this money going to be yours?
Back again
2007-06-12, 7:50 PM #15
well Doom 3 engine is a couple of million dollars to license, UE3 is around 700k, and Windows is in the millions of dollars as well for shared source

hmm

nope, can't think of anything else interesting enough that i'd care about tbqh
2007-06-12, 8:14 PM #16
I want to know who would put a kid with a two year degree and barely any real world experience in charge of something that important.

Edit: No offense, you seem like a nice guy and a good programmer, but ****wit****, who does that?
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2007-06-12, 9:02 PM #17
After you get the source code, rephrase the question to your boss this way: "Would you trust someone you are only paying x$/hr with your 500,000$ source code?"

Originally posted by Jon`C:
well Doom 3 engine is a couple of million dollars to license,

Still? It's vastly inferior to UE3, CryEngine 2.
2007-06-12, 10:20 PM #18
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
Still? It's vastly inferior to UE3, CryEngine 2.

yep, that's cuz id thinks they still have good technology.

not like the price matters. source is cheap as hell and still nobody's using it.
2007-06-13, 1:32 AM #19
Its probably the mother of all spam bot codes...
2007-06-13, 3:19 AM #20
Originally posted by StrikeAthius:
would you trust me to be in charge of half a million dollars worth of sourcecode

Depends on what source it is.
2007-06-13, 4:40 AM #21
I doubt advertising it here increases any trust in your character.
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2007-06-13, 4:50 AM #22
Let me be the first to scream...
ABANDON SHIP! [/COLOR]
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2007-06-13, 8:20 AM #23
Originally posted by petmc20:
By accepting this brick through your window, you acknowledge that you are responsible for all damage caused by this brick's entrance onto your property.

<Walty> Quoting bash is like masturbating, people know you do it.

Now that's irony. I hope.
2007-06-13, 10:09 AM #24

not like the price matters. source is cheap as hell and still nobody's using it.

It's hard to make source looks good. You can if you have a strong art team, but it's not terribly flexible. I mean, look at all the use made maps. There aren't very many good ones.
2007-06-13, 12:55 PM #25
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
It's hard to make source looks good. You can if you have a strong art team, but it's not terribly flexible. I mean, look at all the use made maps. There aren't very many good ones.
actually that's not why.

it's because source has nothing at all to offer. it's a collection of ancient and well-known technologies clumped together with various middlewares (like havok). Rolling your own source engine is actually cheaper than licensing it.

Has anybody even licensed source since troika? and they did it before hl2 even came out, before they knew what they were dealing with, and as far as I know that's one of the main reasons vtm:b had such a buggy release
2007-06-13, 4:31 PM #26
Has anybody even licensed source since troika? and they did it before hl2 even came out, before they knew what they were dealing with, and as far as I know that's one of the main reasons vtm:b had such a buggy release

Somebody has. There are about 18 different games on that list.
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2007-06-13, 7:51 PM #27
Originally posted by LividDK27:
<Walty> Quoting bash is like masturbating, people know you do it.

Now that's irony. I hope.

I've never seen that on bash.

Fail
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2007-06-13, 7:54 PM #28
I have.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2007-06-13, 8:21 PM #29
actually that's not why.

it's because source has nothing at all to offer. it's a collection of ancient and well-known technologies clumped together with various middlewares (like havok). Rolling your own source engine is actually cheaper than licensing it.

That and the game got pushed out way too early.
2007-06-13, 9:51 PM #30
Yes.
2007-06-14, 9:26 AM #31
source code for what, strike?

↑ Up to the top!