Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Let's Play!
Let's Play!
2007-06-14, 11:49 AM #1
I know a bunch of Massassians have a Something Awful forums account, but I don't know if any of you regularly look at the let's play subforum of games, but they have a let's play going on of Jedi Knight.

For those who don't know, Let's Play is a gaming...thing where one player goes through the games and takes screenshots/records video and offers commentary on the game, often resulting in comedy. Often times, players will take advice from onlookers and try to implement their crazy ideas.

thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2519109
2007-06-14, 11:50 AM #2
They let 13-year olds on SA? FREAKY
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2007-06-14, 1:32 PM #3
Awesome. I've followed some Let's Play! things before (SoF and Castlevania III). This one should be great.

I take that slightly back. It's okay, but knowing all the secrets and levels off by heart I could probably do a faster / more extreeeeeme job. <_>
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-06-14, 1:52 PM #4
All this thread does is make me want to reinstall JK/MotS.

The video I watched was lacking in comedy...
2007-06-14, 1:58 PM #5
Show them The Atrium, and how we're still editing this ancient game.

And for GOD'S sakes correct the comment about BGJ sucking, but JHS being the best map ever. Pull the wool from over their eyes.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-06-14, 2:10 PM #6
I think you need to release it for people can agree.

And BGJ is a boring map. Boring.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2007-06-14, 2:14 PM #7
Hey, in my opinion it's ready to release. Halucid hasn't been around forever though.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-06-14, 2:31 PM #8
Originally posted by JediKirby:
Show them The Atrium, and how we're still editing this ancient game.

And for GOD'S sakes correct the comment about BGJ sucking, but JHS being the best map ever. Pull the wool from over their eyes.

Whoa! Did you add those shadow/light patches manually through the textures, or did you get JK to compile it that way?
2007-06-14, 2:33 PM #9
JK doesn't compile... Those are manually created shadows. They react to being shot/thing lights.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-06-14, 2:34 PM #10
Kirby: Will the JKHUB CTF Pack be released anytime soon?
2007-06-14, 2:37 PM #11
Ask ZeqMacaw, I pretty much stopped participating in JKHub administration tasks due to the absolute crap community. They'll enjoy a beautifully and well crafted map like ours, just as much as they enjoy Beefcaiks pot-induced levels with 40 concussion rifles littering it. Lots of other drama made JK unworth the little bit of fun it was to still edit.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-06-14, 2:52 PM #12
also, the game itself sux
2007-06-14, 3:35 PM #13
Blasphemy. Maybe you're right...I think I just have something wrong with me. I've been unable to enjoy any game since JK as much as I enjoyed JK. I've been lucky to have a few friends that still play as much as I do. My brother has the same problem with Q2. Every time I try a new game (FEAR, HL2, WoW, etc.) I just end up getting bored and coming back to JK again.
2007-06-14, 4:00 PM #14
Originally posted by MentatMM:
Blasphemy. I've been unable to enjoy any game since JK as much as I enjoyed JK.

Deus Ex.

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-06-14, 4:03 PM #15
Is it a good multiplayer game? I don't much play singleplayer.
2007-06-14, 4:07 PM #16
Sadly no, but the singleplayer experience more than makes up for it.

For multiplayer I suggest FEAR, but you already listed that as being boring now.

Now that you mention it, JK's been my best MP experience as well.

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-06-14, 5:06 PM #17
I love the part where points out that Massassi would ridicule you if you didn't make your water semi-transparent. :neckbeard:
2007-06-15, 12:06 PM #18
I watched quite a lot of CyRaptor's Doom 2 videos (Ultra-Violence, because truly, it *is* the only way to play), they were pretty fun. Heh. When I play I never play beyond Episode 1 cuz I hate the city levels so much...
幻術

↑ Up to the top!