Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Yay ice cream. Boo diseases
Yay ice cream. Boo diseases
2007-06-14, 7:26 PM #1
So my housemate's promiscuity has finally paid off: he has mono and will be pretty much potentially contagious for the next half year. :suicide:

I have a new job and it would be stupid to suddenly have to take 4 weeks off already. I MUST NOT CONTRACT THIS :argh:

I am going to make a point of not washing my current spoon or cup until December 14 2007, or even let him see them until then. I don't know what to do about bowls.

Any similar circumstances? I know it's a problem for us college age folk. Have you any advice for me? Besides voluntary solitary confinement in my room since I really cannot count on him not getting me sick... :tinfoil: by not sneezing or talking too much
This is retarded, and I mean drooling at the mouth
2007-06-14, 7:56 PM #2
If his promiscuity led only, to mono, that's good for him.

For ideas to keep yourself sanitary, watch the movie "What About Bob?" and as many episodes of Monk as you can get ahold of.
Why do the heathens rage behind the firehouse?
2007-06-14, 8:18 PM #3
Originally posted by TheCarpKing:
If his promiscuity led only, to mono, that's good for him.

For ideas to keep yourself sanitary, watch the movie "What About Bob?" and as many episodes of Monk as you can get ahold of.

Especially the one where Monk washes his hands.

Oh wai...
2007-06-14, 8:20 PM #4
Mono's contagious before the person shows symptoms. After that, you're in the clear. Thing is, he could have been contagious for six months before he started showing symptoms.

It's only transmissible through body fluid, so unless you're making out with your room mate or drinking out of his water bottle all the time, you'll be fine.
Pissed Off?
2007-06-14, 8:21 PM #5
So are you going to move out or what?
Back again
2007-06-14, 8:54 PM #6
hmm My first post was probably an overreaction. I was just concerned about getting it un-expectedly and having to take too much time off from work.

I thought you could get it by simply breathing the same air. I hope you're right avenger
This is retarded, and I mean drooling at the mouth
2007-06-14, 9:16 PM #7
Unless he's spitting in the air all the time, you'll be alright.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infectious_mononucleosis

Quote:
The virus is typically transmitted from asymptomatic individuals through blood or saliva (hence "the kissing disease"), or by sharing a drink, or sharing eating utensils. The disease is far less contagious than is commonly thought.
Pissed Off?
2007-06-14, 10:39 PM #8
SEMEN.
2007-06-14, 11:23 PM #9
plastic wrap him or put him in a huge bubble :awesome:
I can't wait for the day schools get the money they need, and the military has to hold bake sales to afford bombs.
2007-06-15, 5:07 AM #10
If he sneezes YOU'RE SCREWED!
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2007-06-15, 5:43 AM #11
DON'T EAT IT.
nope.
2007-06-15, 6:24 PM #12
The only way you're getting mono is if you throw your silverware through a faucet and then switch.
Epstein didn't kill himself.

↑ Up to the top!