Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → So, I bought my first paintball gun today...
So, I bought my first paintball gun today...
2007-06-19, 5:27 PM #1
Tippmann 98 Custom new player package - came with stuff & a mask. 120 bucks, on clearance from $164.xx. Tax-free NH...thought it was a decent deal. Whaddya think?

My cousin recently got a gun (or..'marker'..bleh)..a used Brass Eagle Raider, or something? He was telling me how it was outshooting T98's at the last game he played/etc. It better not, else I shall possibly return this and buy one like his for $35 on eBay.. :P
woot!
2007-06-19, 5:28 PM #2
If you feel like a bigger man by shooting other people with little balls of paint, be my guest.

In reality, that's pretty cool.
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2007-06-19, 5:33 PM #3
Originally posted by petmc20:
If you feel like a bigger man by shooting other people with little balls of paint, be my guest.

In reality, that's pretty cool.

Well, I'd stick with little plastic BBs, but not many people up here are into airsoft.

And I haven't ran into any Simunitions training lately...maybe sometime this fall, though! :awesome:
woot!
2007-06-19, 6:01 PM #4
No sweet pictures?
2007-06-19, 6:10 PM #5
Originally posted by Axis:
No sweet pictures?

No camera. :(

That's next on the list.
woot!
2007-06-19, 7:27 PM #6
decent gun, good deal, and don't worry the T98 will blow away that brass eagle POS
2007-06-19, 7:38 PM #7
T98's a good marker, better suited to woodsball.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2007-06-19, 7:42 PM #8
The only way a paintball marker will shoot further than another marker is if it's shooting in excess of 300 fps (feet per second). Since everyone is limited to 300 fps by law (else the marker must be registered as a firearm, and no field's insurance would cover it), all markers shoot the same distance.

Anyway, Tippy's are known for their reliability, so it's a good choice for a beginner. Next time you want to buy gear I'd suggest getting second-hand stuff. Whether it's on-line or from somebody at your local paintball field, it'll be much, much cheaper. The paintball world runs on behind-the-scenes person-to-person buying/selling/trading ;)
2007-06-19, 7:49 PM #9
Originally posted by Aglar:
The only way a paintball marker will shoot further than another marker is if it's shooting in excess of 300 fps (feet per second). Since everyone is limited to 300 fps by law (else the marker must be registered as a firearm, and no field's insurance would cover it), all markers shoot the same distance.

Anyway, Tippy's are known for their reliability, so it's a good choice for a beginner. Next time you want to buy gear I'd suggest getting second-hand stuff. Whether it's on-line or from somebody at your local paintball field, it'll be much, much cheaper. The paintball world runs on behind-the-scenes person-to-person buying/selling/trading ;)

Maybe that's something with Canadian law? I have multiple airsoft guns well in excess of 300fps, and they're perfectly legal. :)

I looked around a bit online, and found used T98's for about 80 bucks...I figure a new mask will run me 25, so I basically got the gun / hopper / co2 / etc for 95 bucks, brand new. :)
woot!
2007-06-19, 8:42 PM #10
I still have my Tippmann 98 even though I haven't played in awhile. It's a very good marker.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2007-06-19, 8:45 PM #11
Massassi- Decently knowlagable in any subject.
2007-06-19, 9:54 PM #12
Paintball: Sport of douchebags everywhere. :P
2007-06-20, 2:46 AM #13
Aglar, a longer barrel or various different types of paint will also lend to increased distance. My Tippman A-5 got good range with the normal barrel, but added the flatline, it gets and extra 60ft easy. I tried various types of paint, and found that a particular brand works much better than the rest.

Stick with the Tippman. Brass Eagle sucks for most things. The only thing they're good for are O-rings and cheap face masks.

↑ Up to the top!