Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Can't wait for Spore?
Can't wait for Spore?
2007-06-21, 6:38 PM #1
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
2007-06-21, 6:40 PM #2
You're either being really funny or a huge prick, I'm not sure which.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2007-06-21, 6:43 PM #3
more like possibly a huge prick, and fairly unfunny either way.
2007-06-21, 6:44 PM #4
I don’t know about anyone else, but I for one am glad they delayed spore.

This way I don’t have to worry about building a new gaming rig till after I graduate.

Now if only I can convince them to delay Bioshock I can finish college without temptation.
"Well, if I am not drunk, I am mad, but I trust I can behave like a gentleman in either
condition."... G. K. Chesterton

“questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself”
2007-06-21, 6:44 PM #5
I can't wait for Spore. Does that amuse you, Jon?
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2007-06-21, 6:50 PM #6
is that the game robin williams played?

looks quite funky.
2007-06-21, 9:24 PM #7
Despite the lack of a news article link, I'm going to assume official sources say it was delayed.
2007-06-21, 9:27 PM #8
*sniffle*

Do we at least have a demo?
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2007-06-21, 9:33 PM #9
Originally posted by Jon`C:
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Sorry, but I have to agree with Jon here. I've already stopped waiting for Spore.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-06-21, 9:36 PM #10
2008 spring at the earliest now

yea it's pretty much completely off my radar now

edit: agree with rob's post below
2007-06-21, 9:36 PM #11
Once I found out there is no real multiplayer functionality.. I kind of stopped caring because it didn't seem as fun anymore. Sandbox games are cool and fun and all.. but the experience starts to drag when I'm the only person influencing the world. I know what I like to do, I know what entertains me. That gets boring after a while.
2007-06-22, 7:26 AM #12
I was kind of planning on dropping out of school when this came out.

I guess I'll have to go to school one more year.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2007-06-22, 7:55 AM #13
Originally posted by Connection Problem:
2008 spring at the earliest now

yea it's pretty much completely off my radar now

edit: agree with rob's post below

EA issued a statement "clarifying" the "misinformation." Apparently all of the news sites that were reporting that Spore was delayed until spring of 2008 were wrong.

Turns out the game is still progressing as expected and on the ball for a 4th quarter 2008 release.

I think it's pretty funny that this is the first time EA has ever not pushed a game out the door before it was ready, let alone a game that has looked basically finished for the last 2 years.
2007-06-22, 7:57 AM #14
http://blog.wired.com/games/2007/06/spore-not-delay.html

Link to Jon'C's reference.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2007-06-22, 8:00 AM #15
What the **** is Spore?
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2007-06-22, 10:01 AM #16
Originally posted by JediGandalf:
What the **** is Spore?

:eek:
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2007-06-22, 10:05 AM #17
Originally posted by Rob:
but the experience starts to drag when I'm the only person influencing the world.
But you're not. Everything you see in Spore that you didn't create was created by another player.. That is so incredibly cool to me. I'm glad it has no multiplayer, that would ruin it.

What the **** is Spore?

Die.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2007-06-22, 10:16 AM #18
What the **** is Spore?

Seconded. I'm with you drunken jediwizard!
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2007-06-22, 10:18 AM #19
they need to modify the code.

more boobs.
2007-06-22, 10:20 AM #20
Originally posted by Freelancer:
But you're not. Everything you see in Spore that you didn't create was created by another player.. That is so incredibly cool to me. I'm glad it has no multiplayer, that would ruin it.

I wonder how they will keep their ESRB rating down, considering a fifth of their user base will probably think that making their creatures in the shape of penises will be the epitome of hilarity.
2007-06-22, 10:22 AM #21
I'm sure you have the option of disabling the asynchronous content feature so you only get computer-generated content or premade stuff that comes with the game. Also, IIRC, you have the option of seeking out content from specific players and blocking content from specific players as well.
2007-06-22, 11:17 AM #22

Thats boring. All I have to do is space ship over and blow up what I don't like.

Thats what made games like brickland awesome. You played with other people, and you had to deal with them, not just their content.
2007-06-22, 11:26 AM #23
True, but player behavior is analyzed, so the content you get does follow their usage patterns. It's not the same, but if someone makes a civilization and rules like an evil dictator, it's likely to be similar by the time you get it.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2007-06-22, 11:37 AM #24
You people are really over hyping that game.

I foresee much disappointment in your future, children.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2007-06-22, 11:37 AM #25
And I'll just blow up their planet without really being forced to deal with it.

:/

I would prefer TRUE player-player interaction.
2007-06-22, 11:46 AM #26
That's not what this game is about.

"true" player-player interaction SUCKS.

Griefers, idiots, kiddies, etc. I just don't want to deal with that ****. That **** SUCKS.

And besides rob, there is absolutely NO ****IN' WAY you can have a multiplayer game that allows you to blow up planets that took other players eons to make. That would be the absolute worst game I could possible think of.
2007-06-22, 12:07 PM #27
This is true. The first five idiots with space ships would immediately rush around the universe and blow up every planet they could. It'd be like WoW with perma-death. Besides, the planets wouldn't just go away when you logged off. Even if you did get your planet advanced enough, you wouldn't be there to defend it 95% of the time.
2007-06-22, 12:08 PM #28
That's not what this game is about.

Which is why I won't like it.

Quote:
"true" player-player interaction SUCKS.

Opinion lolzier.

Quote:
Griefers, idiots, kiddies, etc. I just don't want to deal with that ****. That **** SUCKS.

Play with people you know? (Note, I didn't say this would be an MMO anywhere)

Quote:
And besides rob, there is absolutely NO ****IN' WAY you can have a multiplayer game that allows you to blow up planets that took other players eons to make.

Blockland doesn't have this problem. Because you mostly play with people you know. If someone is a douche, you ban them. Problem solved.

↑ Up to the top!