Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → 1408
2007-06-22, 2:11 AM #1
Hey hey.. just saw 1408 a little bit ago, and I must say, it wasn't too bad of a movie at all.. I didn't care too much for the ending, think they could have done something different with it, but I don't want to ruin anything about it. It's got some creepy parts, and reminded me a lot of Silent Hill 4 (if you have played it) for a PG-13 Horror Flick.. this one is VERY VERY good (much better than the grudge, Boogyman, Darkness Falls or any other stupid PG13 horror film)
||||||||||||||||||||
2007-06-22, 5:29 AM #2
Yeah I'm definitely seeing this movie. I was gonna check it out the other night, but my girlfriend wants to come with me so I have to wait.
>>untie shoes
2007-06-22, 7:46 AM #3
84%!
2007-06-22, 10:46 AM #4
Man, i've been wanting to see it. Anyone else see the movie and have reviews?
"The only crime I'm guilty of is love [of china]"
- Ruthven
me clan me mod
2007-06-22, 9:19 PM #5
When I heard the last line of the movie, I got the shivers. That was so freaking creepy. Great movie. The Grudge-type scares of the movie where stuff just pops out of nowhere were well placed. They weren't overdone, but they were used at the points where you were already creeped out enough to the point where your attention was 100% into the film. The beginning wasn't long, drawn out, and filled with back story like other thriller flicks, they develop the character AND tell you his back story in the midst of all the action. Well done. I give it 10 out of 10 skulls.
Think while it's still legal.
2007-06-23, 1:55 PM #6
The movie had a couple of really good plot twists, if you haven't read the book, which I have not.

And it wasn't scary or creepy based on startling things or gore, which most horror movies generally are these days. It was genuinely creepy as hell because of the story.

I thought it was pretty sweet.
It took a while for you to find me; I was hiding in the lime tree.
2007-06-23, 2:17 PM #7
Originally posted by UltimatePotato:
The movie had a couple of really good plot twists, if you haven't read the book, which I have not.

And it wasn't scary or creepy based on startling things or gore, which most horror movies generally are these days. It was genuinely creepy as hell because of the story.

I thought it was pretty sweet.

Something like that might actually make me want to see a horror movie. Scary via. gore is just stupid.
2007-06-23, 10:59 PM #8
Meh. The idea was creepy, but i dunno i wasnt really scared by it. A lot of things seemed really predictable.

I enjoyed it though, it had some laughs
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2007-06-23, 11:55 PM #9
I really enjoyed it. I thought John Cusack did a pretty damn fine job of acting freaked out of his mind.
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2007-06-24, 9:48 PM #10
Weird ****ing movie. For real. I loved it.
>>untie shoes
2007-06-25, 1:44 PM #11
I enjoyed it quite a bit and I'm not even a John Cusack fan. However, I was irritated that the trailer scene with the little girl with the scary voice was different in the movie ( she didn't have the scary voice ).
2007-07-02, 10:10 PM #12
Just watched it. It was a nice movie. The ending left me unsure about whether he really got out or not. EDIT: According to the story, apparently he did.
幻術

↑ Up to the top!