Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Now THIS is how you stop a car chase
Now THIS is how you stop a car chase
2004-07-22, 12:36 PM #1
http://www.cbsnews.com/media/2004/04/06/video610577.wmv

The Spanish know how to end those car chases.

------------------
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2004-07-22, 12:42 PM #2
woHOO finally some cops who dont give a damn about human rights people atlast!![THATS NOT SARCASM!!]
go spanish!

------------------
It is generally inadvisable to eject directly over the area you just bombed.
When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend.
Join the Army, Go to distant lands, meet interesting people, kill them!

Don't draw fire, it irritates the people around you.
Intel: We put the 'um...' in Pentium
2004-07-22, 12:51 PM #3
That must have hurt.... a LOT!

------------------
/fluffle
/fluffle
2004-07-22, 12:53 PM #4
Spain obviously doesn't have civil attorneys that like to rape the wallet of anyone and everyone in sight.

------------------
Kieran: The reason I put a link to it is because she is in underwear and I know the admins are touchy on that.
Yecti: Jaiph will touch himself for hours if he so much as smells a woman's underwear
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-07-22, 12:53 PM #5
NAH all his drugs would make it feel like a pillow...night night

------------------

2004-07-22, 12:59 PM #6
Personally, I think he got off light. They should have bashed him for awhile with their clubs.

------------------
Dear lady, can you hear the wind blow, and did you know
Your stairway lies on the whispering wind.
:wq
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-07-22, 1:36 PM #7
remember seeing this a few months ago on the news, just laughed and said about time....

if every criminal was dealt with that way I somehow figure crime rates would suddenly take a drastic decline....

------------------
I heard someone say once that the world is a fine place and that it was worth fighting for....I agree with the last part.

People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots website

Rbots
2004-07-22, 1:43 PM #8
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by James Bond:
if every criminal was dealt with that way I somehow figure crime rates would suddenly take a drastic decline....

</font>

------------------
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right." -Isaac Asimov
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2004-07-22, 1:45 PM #9
hey bond...ive never seen you before and your a mod!now i know who the mystery mod is

------------------

2004-07-22, 1:46 PM #10
The bike should have been rigged to play catchy but annoying britany spears songs, then after he had enough, a small firecracker would go off just under the leather on the seat.

He'd stop.

JediKirby

------------------
jEDIkIRBY - Putting the Romance back into Necromancer.
Proud Leader of the Minnessassian Council

Live on, Adam.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-07-22, 1:56 PM #11
Wow, that's pretty dumb. They could've just given him a bike with a barely filled fuel tank.

------------------
WAITER: Here’s your green salad, sir.
ANAKIN: What? You fool, I told you NO CROUTONS! Aaaaaaargh!
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-07-22, 1:56 PM #12
Sorry but.. OLD NEWZ!

But heheheh bWHAHAHAHHA serves him right. I have no problem with that at all. Threaten to kill two people and I dont see why he should be given any quarter.

------------------
Founder of the Massassi Brute Squad (MBS)

B'tduz: A popular dwarfish game which consists of standing a few feet apart and throwing large rocks at one another's head.

"Yes, it's a bloody flying alligator setting fire to my city!" - His Grace His Excellency the Duke of Ankh, Commander Sir Samuel Vimes.

Morituri Nolumus Mori
Founder of the Massassi Brute Squad (MBS)
Morituri Nolumus Mori
2004-07-22, 2:07 PM #13
People complain about cops being way too rough now of days, but they really arent..Take a trip back to the past....I have three words for you.

Drawn and Quartered

------------------
(>º_º)> ±h³ ѳv³®-£ⁿd¡תּ9 §±ºr¥ <(º_º< ) | (>º_º)> תּℓζ ШǿѓЖ§|-Юρ <(º_º< )

[This message has been edited by SAJN_Master (edited July 22, 2004).]
Think while it's still legal.
2004-07-22, 2:14 PM #14
A hanging first if you were william wallace

------------------
If you can read this you don't need glasses
nope.
2004-07-22, 3:13 PM #15
Okay that is awesome

------------------
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2004-07-22, 3:26 PM #16
hahaha i just thought the bike would stop or fly back... but it just went into chunks... bwahaha. awesome.

------------------
There are two asses in Massassi... and I'm one of them.
The Matrix Unplugged|My Portfolio|My Levels
2004-07-22, 3:46 PM #17
If they did that here, it would bring lawyers running from miles around. A crash brings em' like a moth to a flame.
2004-07-22, 4:11 PM #18
Ouch. Can you say, rag-doll physics [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
ZGPC
2004-07-22, 5:43 PM #19
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Flexor:
Wow, that's pretty dumb. They could've just given him a bike with a barely filled fuel tank.

</font>

Considering he claimed to have a gernade, what's to say once he saw that the fuel tank was say, less then 1/4 full, he doesn't drive into a crowd, pull the pin and use the gas to make a bigger fire?

------------------
2004-07-22, 6:31 PM #20
That was harsh.

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-07-22, 6:35 PM #21
[Unreal 2k4 announcer voice]RRRRROOOOOAAADDD RRRAAAGGGEEEE!!!!!![/Unreal 2k4 announcer voice]

-- SavageX

------------------
"...and if you don't like that, then you need to be slugged in the face repeatedly, until my hands are soaked in blood. Have a nice day!"
http://geocities.com/savagex378
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2004-07-22, 6:36 PM #22
Very interesting.

And slightly amusing.

------------------
Kill Your Idols!
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.
2004-07-22, 7:18 PM #23
Fuel counters can easily be rigged.

------------------
WAITER: Here’s your green salad, sir.
ANAKIN: What? You fool, I told you NO CROUTONS! Aaaaaaargh!
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-07-22, 7:20 PM #24
But once the bike would stop from no gas, the guy would be pissed that they tricked him and throw the grenade. it's not like he's gonna be "oh haha! ok guys you got me, i give up."

------------------
There are two asses in Massassi... and I'm one of them.
The Matrix Unplugged|My Portfolio|My Levels
2004-07-22, 7:31 PM #25
Is it just me, or does the guy sit up right after he lands the first time they show it? It gets cut off in the slow-motion replay, but the first time around I think I can see it. I also like how they don't even bother with a stretcher, they just hoist him into the ambulance by his handcuffs. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
Map-Review | My Portfolio | The Matrix: Unplugged

Banks and banks of humming machinery! I've never seen so many knobs. We're going to have to do something, Charlie! Try pushing that button there. No? How about that one? No, not that one either. I know! I'll try pushing this one. Hold my hat will you? Good fellow.
2004-07-23, 5:08 AM #26
Funny.

------------------
Drugs & Stupidity, Tons of it.
2004-07-23, 6:06 AM #27
Correct me if I'm wrong..but that wasn't a cop that hit him..

I'm on a library computer with no sound, though - so maybe I missed something.

------------------
The Truth about Bowling for Columbine

[This message has been edited by CadetLee (edited July 23, 2004).]
woot!
2004-07-23, 6:23 AM #28
It was an unmarked police car

------------------
2004-07-23, 7:29 AM #29
Are these the same massassians that were complaining about a police beating after a car chase suspect surrendered last week?

Well, now that we have our priorities in order, I'll just remember that beating = wrong and near killing with a car = cool and funnay lolololol!!!11

For example:

Septic Yogurts response to the L.A Beating...
"Theres no real need to beat the **** out of someone like that, its just down to individual cops being *******s.
Police brutality is frustrating as hell because the *******s can get away with it so easily.

I mean, if the guy stopped and didn't resist after being ran down on foot, there is no need whatsoever to even lay a finger on him other than to put the cuffs on and ge thim in the car."

And his response to this:
"Funny!"

------------------
"If there's one thing I've learned it's this - you just can't shake hands with a fist" - David Allen Coe

[This message has been edited by Raoul Duke (edited July 23, 2004).]
2004-07-23, 7:51 AM #30
You know, that was a pretty expensive way to stop a criminal. When you factor in the cost of the car that he hit, plus the cost of the bike (that looked like a nice bike too) I'm sure there were cheaper alternatives. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
Map-Review | My Portfolio | The Matrix: Unplugged

Banks and banks of humming machinery! I've never seen so many knobs. We're going to have to do something, Charlie! Try pushing that button there. No? How about that one? No, not that one either. I know! I'll try pushing this one. Hold my hat will you? Good fellow.
2004-07-23, 8:07 AM #31
Raoul, he said "Funny." No exclamation mark. And He wasn't exactly not inebriated at the time.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-07-23, 8:11 AM #32
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Thrawn42689:
You know, that was a pretty expensive way to stop a criminal. When you factor in the cost of the car that he hit, plus the cost of the bike (that looked like a nice bike too) I'm sure there were cheaper alternatives. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

</font>

Like a sniper

------------------
Kieran: The reason I put a link to it is because she is in underwear and I know the admins are touchy on that.
Yecti: Jaiph will touch himself for hours if he so much as smells a woman's underwear
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-07-23, 8:44 AM #33
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Flexor:
Fuel counters can easily be rigged.

</font>

Believe it or not but to have a fuel gauge on a bike is considered a luxury, I know because my brother who recently brought a new bike £8000 ($13600) has no fuel gauge on it and some even more expensive than that don't.

The type of bike the guy was riding was of a sporty variety, probably second hand and looked by the size of it to be no more than 600cc, most bikes like that don't have fuel gauges....you have to be getting things like Firebirds/Harley's/Gold wings before you start getting things like that.

so the whole point of this is that to check the fuel you have to open the cap and look at it....kidnapper most likely did this...

if your wondering, well what happens if you run out, all bikes have a reserve built in that lasts 20-30 miles, (normally enough to find a petrol station) that you switch over to when and if you feel the bike spluttering.

add one more bit of useless information to your brain.

------------------
I heard someone say once that the world is a fine place and that it was worth fighting for....I agree with the last part.

Rbots website

Rbots
2004-07-23, 8:53 AM #34
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kieran Horn:
Like a sniper

</font>

I'll tell you what, why don't you go grab a high powered rifle, go sit in a window, and try to hit a guy riding a motorcycle across the road. I can almost garuntee you hit anything. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
Do you have stairs in your house?
Do you have stairs in your house?
2004-07-23, 9:03 AM #35
It's alot easier to shoot him before he gets on the bike...

------------------
Roach - Caught in the war of hemispheres.
0 of 14.
omnia mea mecum porto
2004-07-23, 9:21 AM #36
Oh no, it doesn't matter. These are Spanish cops, not the American cops. It's toooootally different.

------------------
2004-07-23, 9:30 AM #37
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Thrawn42689:

</font>

It was probably from the impound lot, most likely it would've been sold at auction for less than they would care about.

As for damage to the car - insurance.

Jerk threatens two lives with a grenade, he got what he deserved. Maybe if he ever gets out instead of being all "OMG i need teh fix!" he'll work on breaking his addiction.

Otherwise I'm sure they've got plenty of other methods to crap on his "victory."

------------------
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"

↑ Up to the top!