Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Network LAN issues
Network LAN issues
2007-06-23, 3:21 PM #1
I'm having some trouble playing games through a wireless connection on my laptop with other people on the LAN. The problem instantly goes away when I use the Ethernet port. I have no trouble seeing the LAN game in my server browser, but every single game will not connect whether I'm hosting or joining unless I'm using the Ethernet port, and have disabled the wireless adapter. I've disabled all the Windows firewall and Avast protection and just about everything else I can think of but it still doesn't work, even though it works fine with all that stuff on if I'm using the wired connection.

It's very irritating, and I'm not really very good with networks, so any help would be appreciated.

Laptop:

Windows Media Center SP2, Avast AV
Intel Pro/Wireless 3945

Router:

WRT54G with WRT-dd mini firmware

Signal strength excellent at all times. Thanks!
2007-06-23, 10:37 PM #2
The first thing I would do is make sure that the wireless is allowed to access the same ports as the Ethernet.
2007-06-24, 11:11 AM #3
I don't have any access restrictions or anything like that. Where would I change that if it is a problem?

↑ Up to the top!