Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Matrix info.
Matrix info.
2004-07-22, 6:16 PM #1
I know there were alot of people aggrivated about the Matrix sequels. They said they didn't really like the fact that there are unanswered questions. They don't like the complicated story and so on and so forth.

Read this interview. It really sheds alot of light about what the Wachowski brothers were doing with the movies.

And before anyone says it.. Larry didn't have a sex change. If he did, he wouldn't be referred to as Larry in this interview. Not to mention the fact that they probably would talk about it.

EDIT: DAMN! I feel stupid now. I'm a little tired sorry.

http://www.matrixfans.net/symbolism/meanings.php

------------------
I figure that one day I'll either be famous, or in prison. But I guess if I'm going to prison, I should probably try to do something that would make me famous anyway.

[This message has been edited by Bill (edited July 22, 2004).]
>>untie shoes
2004-07-22, 6:18 PM #2
What interview?

------------------
When guitars are outlawed, only outlaws will have guitars.
2004-07-22, 6:18 PM #3
You might want to GIVE us the interview first -=^_^=-

------------------
(>º_º)> ±h³ ѳv³®-£ⁿd¡תּ9 §±ºr¥ <(º_º< ) | (>º_º)> תּℓζ ШǿѓЖ§|-Юρ <(º_º< )

[This message has been edited by SAJN_Master (edited July 22, 2004).]
Think while it's still legal.
2004-07-22, 6:18 PM #4
I never really took to the Matrix, but i was wondering if the sequals were originally planned or not. They just seemed uninspired like the first one, to me anyway.

------------------
ZGPC
2004-07-22, 6:22 PM #5
<3 the sequels.

I thought they friggin ROCKED.

------------------
(>º_º)> ±h³ ѳv³®-£ⁿd¡תּ9 §±ºr¥ <(º_º<) | (>º_º)> תּℓζ ШǿѓЖ§|-Юρ <(º_º<)
Think while it's still legal.
2004-07-22, 6:28 PM #6
Yea, you can tell that before the first one they weren't exactly planning for sequals.
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side
2004-07-22, 8:46 PM #7
Blah, I've read my share of interviews for the Matrix, and subsequent releases, and I just can't stand with the people that say "it had no plot, it was all action, the story for the second/third one sucked, blah blah blah"

I loved them. They were MASTERPIECES of literature, if you look into them far enough. If you just stare at them and hope for the meaning to say "LOOK AT ME I'M THE MEANING" then yeah, it's going to suck. It's not so blatantly obvious in its conveyance of the story and subplots as the original Matrix, but it's still there. You just gotta dig a little deeper.

I will admit the fight scenes sucked though. God that CG crap was horrible. They should have hired the people who did the Animatrix.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-07-22, 9:07 PM #8
Larry -did- have a sex change.

------------------
WAITER: Here’s your green salad, sir.
ANAKIN: What? You fool, I told you NO CROUTONS! Aaaaaaargh!
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-07-22, 10:15 PM #9
Larry -did not- have a sex change.
2004-07-22, 10:38 PM #10
http://www.gothamist.com/archive/002595.php

http://www.azcentral.com/ent/celeb/0430sexchange.html

http://www.8bm.com/diatribes/volume02/diatribes020/diatribes399-419/diatribes411.htm

http://www.worldhistory.com/wiki/W/Wachowski-brothers.htm

------------------
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-07-23, 3:18 AM #11
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
Blah, I've read my share of interviews for the Matrix, and subsequent releases, and I just can't stand with the people that say "it had no plot, it was all action, the story for the second/third one sucked, blah blah blah"

I loved them. They were MASTERPIECES of literature, if you look into them far enough. If you just stare at them and hope for the meaning to say "LOOK AT ME I'M THE MEANING" then yeah, it's going to suck. It's not so blatantly obvious in its conveyance of the story and subplots as the original Matrix, but it's still there. You just gotta dig a little deeper.

I will admit the fight scenes sucked though. God that CG crap was horrible. They should have hired the people who did the Animatrix.

</font>

I don't know about you, but I thought some of the fight scenes were really good. I do understand the storyline, but the part I thought was completely unecessary, was at the very end of Revolutions where it was mentioned that Neo would be back. Those couple of lines right there says "Sequel".
No sig.
2004-07-23, 5:07 AM #12
That wasn't an interview, that was two guys [or guy and girl] talking. Those were some of the least informative, least interesting, and horribly unreadable paragraphs I've ever read. Let me sum it up for you all who don't want to read the entire thing:

[Ken] So yeah.

[Larry] The movies are supposed to be, you know, like, you know, yeah.

[Ken] Right.

[Larry] And like, we like don't want to, you know, like mess it up by like, having to actually have like, you know, a meaning. We just put a bunch of, you know, cool images and symbolism in the movie. We were on crack. We don't want to have to try and explain it, because we don't know. We made money. Like, you know?

[Ken] Right. You interviewed me for 3 hours, and I said nothing.

[Larry] Exactly, I mean, we can't even figure out the damn movies, how can we expect you to?

[Ken] Exactly, I'm unsecure about myself, have you read a book?

[Larry] Yeah, it was a good book.

[Ken] it really had a lot to do with math, and stuff like that, didn't it?

[Larry] Yeah, like it totally did, you know?

[Ken] Right.

[Larry] We're famous, and people are funny because they think we're famous. But we are because they do, it's, you know, like, you know funny. [laughs]

[Ken] Right [laughs]

JediKirby

------------------
jEDIkIRBY - Putting the Romance back into Necromancer.
Proud Leader of the Minnessassian Council

Live on, Adam.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-07-23, 5:25 AM #13
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ictus:
Larry -did not- have a sex change.</font>

It's been all over the news, and mentioned more than a few times at Massassi. Call 'er Linda, not Larry.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-07-23, 6:21 AM #14
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jEDIkIRBY:
That wasn't an interview, that was two guys [or guy and girl] talking. Those were some of the least informative, least interesting, and horribly unreadable paragraphs I've ever read. Let me sum it up for you all who don't want to read the entire thing:

[Ken] So yeah.

[Larry] We're famous, and people are funny because they think we're famous. But we are because they do, it's, you know, like, you know funny. [laughs]...

...[Ken] Right [laughs]

JediKirby

</font>

I was thinking exactly the same thing.

Unreadable and unbearbale in equal dollops

------------------
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.
2004-07-23, 6:37 AM #15
Flexor: All those articles repackage the same Chicago Sun-Times article, which cited only unnamed sources. Speculation, not evidence. It'll take more for me to believe a supermarket tabloid headline that somehow jumped to slightly respectable paper.

Yeah, the interview sucked.
2004-07-23, 9:21 AM #16
I love The Matrix, I love the Wachowskis. Wow. Gargh. It's so ****ing amazing.
"When it's time for this planet to die, you'll understand that you know absolutely nothing." — Bugenhagen
2004-07-23, 9:23 AM #17
[Ken] Right

------------------
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2004-07-23, 10:32 AM #18
It's strange how someone quotes a random website made by some random junkie off the streets and claims it is credible without a reasonable doubt if it supports their claim. Yet when it's the other way around they cry that it is not credible. Very strange indeed. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]
2004-07-23, 10:53 AM #19
Jeez, I just picked a couple of random links off hundreds of results. Plus it was all over the news. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]

------------------
2004-07-23, 11:01 AM #20
Of course, it was on CNN too, I believe.
2004-07-23, 11:28 AM #21
Flex--he was talking about the creator of teh thread.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-07-23, 11:40 AM #22
I think he was taking a cheap stab at Ictus

*shrug*
kids

------------------
"Music is the universal language and the
dialect we speak in is Hip Hop!" - King Solomon
2004-07-23, 11:43 AM #23
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
Flex--he was talking about the creator of teh thread.

</font>

Ictus addressed Flexor. Flexor addressed Ictus....or am I missing something?
2004-07-23, 12:10 PM #24
*sigh*

They were terrible movies, that's all there is to it.

------------------
Ω of 14
New! Fun removed by Vinny :[
2004-07-23, 12:19 PM #25
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by oSiRiS:
*sigh*

They were terrible movies, that's all there is to it.

</font>

In your opinion, that is.
2004-07-23, 12:28 PM #26
Flex, they all contain some variation of "according to Chicago Sun-Times". There's only been one article, and there's no followup. Excuse my skepticism.

Morf, there are few things in this world more pathetic than an online grudge.

Finally, they were great movies, that's all there is to it.
2004-07-23, 12:33 PM #27
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ictus:

Morf, there are few things in this world more pathetic than an online grudge.
</font>

Somewhat true. But I'll let you know when any such grudge exists on my part. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

↑ Up to the top!