Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Hitman movie trailer
Hitman movie trailer
2007-06-26, 5:09 PM #1
Hitman trailer

The villain (Timmothy Olyphant) of Live Free or Die Hard will be playing the role of 47. He doesn't seem to have that rugged and evil look that 47 has unfortunately, but then again I heard he's not a bad actor.

Oh just for the heck of it, a fan made Hitman movie trailer.
2007-06-26, 5:22 PM #2
He was great in Deadwood.
Pissed Off?
2007-06-26, 5:39 PM #3
I'm really excited about this since I love Hitman, but I'm not sure what to think of what I've seen in that trailer. 47 doesn't kill for "greater good" or "to bring us peace." He kills because it's the only thing he knows how to do. He doesn't have a moral compass. Heck, he probably doesn't even know what morals or a consciousness are.
幻術
2007-06-26, 5:52 PM #4
Has the look, but I'll make judgment on a full trailer.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2007-06-26, 6:09 PM #5
I could easily see this being great, a good "The Transporter", if you will. But I have almost no trust in Fox to make anything half decent.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2007-06-26, 6:14 PM #6
To be honest I don't like the look of it at all.
nope.
2007-06-26, 6:37 PM #7
I love that they've managed to keep the dramatic imagery and angles from the loading screens in there somewhere.
>>untie shoes
2007-06-26, 7:49 PM #8
Originally posted by Antony:
I love that they've managed to keep the dramatic imagery and angles from the loading screens in there somewhere.

Yeah, the trailer did a good job at mimicking the game. Even the music choice was nice. As for the movie itself, time will tell.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2007-06-26, 8:00 PM #9
The looks is pretty good, he just has to look more mean.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2007-06-26, 9:48 PM #10
Originally posted by Baconfish:
To be honest I don't like the look of it at all.

I agree.
2007-06-26, 10:32 PM #11
If I were even a little catholic, their use of Ave Maria would have really pissed me off.

The look is there, but I can't imagine it being anything more than an action flick.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-06-26, 11:37 PM #12
Yeah I don't really see how they can turn the open-endedness of the Hitman series into a movie where the character only makes one choice. Unless they made it into a Choose Your Own Adventure movie where the audience votes on which option to kill his target with! Just like in Futurama! :D
DO NOT WANT.
2007-06-27, 12:17 AM #13
Originally posted by Zell:
Yeah I don't really see how they can turn the open-endedness of the Hitman series into a movie where the character only makes one choice. Unless they made it into a Choose Your Own Adventure movie where the audience votes on which option to kill his target with! Just like in Futurama! :D

... What?

Hitman's open-ended missions are a gameplay element, they have nothing to do with the story.
2007-06-27, 12:26 AM #14
I don't know. He looks like a little kid in the trailer. A bald little teenager kid with guns and a flowey white shirt.

Though, I guess we'll see.

Were the games any good?
My blawgh.
2007-06-27, 1:19 AM #15
Originally posted by JediKirby:
If I were even a little catholic, their use of Ave Maria would have really pissed me off.

It's actually Ellens dritter Gesang by Schubert, and it's a misconception that it was written as a setting for the prayer. You fail.
2007-06-27, 2:01 AM #16
Kirby fails at alot of things. Why the surprise, Emon?
>>untie shoes
2007-06-27, 2:08 AM #17
What? No surprise.
2007-06-27, 3:02 AM #18
Originally posted by Phantom-Seraph:
Were the games any good?

Oh god yes.

I'm pretty okay with who they've got for 47. To me he looks like a young 47, and the movie is probably going to be some kind of origin story anyway. I'm only concerned with how he's going to play the part. I'd like this movie to be a brutal, bloodier Bourne Identity.

Originally posted by Koobie:
He doesn't have a moral compass. Heck, he probably doesn't even know what morals or a consciousness are.

Did you even pay attention to what was going on in Hitman 2?
2007-06-27, 3:20 AM #19
Yeah, it starts off as him saying "I did some terrible things, padre" but almost immediately after that he has no problem murdering a dozen or so people for money. I don't think he ever really felt regret for anything he did in Codename 47. The way Hitman 2 ends only reinforces that idea.
幻術
2007-06-27, 3:28 AM #20
Originally posted by Koobie:
I'm really excited about this since I love Hitman, but I'm not sure what to think of what I've seen in that trailer. 47 doesn't kill for "greater good" or "to bring us peace." He kills because it's the only thing he knows how to do. He doesn't have a moral compass. Heck, he probably doesn't even know what morals or a consciousness are.

Some of you may have addressed this (I didn't read all the replies), but I want to emphasize that part of the premise of Hitman 2 was about him struggling with morals and realizing that they were only a weakness for him. (i.e. him renouncing his killing ways and becoming a gardener at a church and then the priest getting captured)

Morality does come into play in the Hitman storyline.
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2007-06-27, 4:40 AM #21
Originally posted by Phantom-Seraph:
I don't know. He looks like a little kid in the trailer. A bald little teenager kid with guns and a flowey white shirt.

Though, I guess we'll see.

Were the games any good?

I agree, he did make me think he looked too young. But then, I don't particularly care for the Hitman games, so it's not like they're messing up Solid Snake's image or anything.
2007-06-27, 5:13 AM #22
No, it's much worse then that.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2007-06-27, 5:46 AM #23
How utterly generic for an action movie trailer.

But it's got Sherrif Bullock in it so there's no way it can be all bad.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2007-06-27, 7:50 AM #24
Originally posted by JediKirby:

It's really their fault for making awesome music for the hitman/mafia movies.
2007-06-27, 9:06 AM #25
Originally posted by Deadman:
No, it's much worse then that.

I agree. Agent 47 is much cooler. I just don't think they're messing it up.
>>untie shoes
2007-06-27, 10:48 AM #26
Solid Snake is.... the ultimate soldier/warrior...
2007-06-27, 10:53 AM #27
It will be slightly hard for them to "ruin" 47 because he is so many different things, and yet not so many different things. It all depended on how we chose to play him, and the movie will show one of several possible paths he could have taken in... life.
2007-06-27, 10:53 AM #28
Originally posted by Jin:
... What?

Hitman's open-ended missions are a gameplay element, they have nothing to do with the story.

Oh shush. :[
DO NOT WANT.
2007-06-27, 10:57 AM #29
The actor is WAY too young. He doesn't look like 47 at all.

Still, it looks like just another action movie. I might rent it.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-06-27, 11:40 AM #30
He's 39 years old. How is that way too young?
>>untie shoes
2007-06-27, 11:54 AM #31
The keyword is looks. He has a babyface
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-06-27, 12:15 PM #32
Agent 47 doesn't exactly look like Tom Selleck. Sure he's a little rugged, but if you try to say Tim Olyphant can't look badass you've obviously never watched Deadwood or The Girl Next Door. That man is a badass to the highest degree.
>>untie shoes
2007-06-27, 12:23 PM #33
Also tim Olyphant is slated to play snake plisskin in a remake of Escape from New York.

Someone obviously thinks he's a badass.
>>untie shoes
2007-06-27, 12:25 PM #34
The problem is that that 47's face was designed to be a very specific kind of badass. All of his facial features are engineered in a certain way. Tim Olyphant looks like him quite a bit, but not enough. They should have used facial prosthetics to better match 47's face.
2007-06-27, 12:38 PM #35
See I just think he's close enough and also a damn fine actor. I know alot of people are whining that they didn't pick Jason Statham. Statham is too rugged looking to be honesty, and Olyphant is just flat out a better actor.

Hey, at least they decided to NOT go with Vin Diesel.

EDIT: On a side note, than god Vin Diesel is going back to what he does best: http://imdb.com/title/tt0382731/
>>untie shoes
2007-06-27, 1:01 PM #36
Saw this last night before Live Free or Die Hard, didn't realize it was Olyphant playing 47, but he played a whiney geek pretty well.
omnia mea mecum porto
2007-06-27, 1:02 PM #37
Statham clean shaven would have fit the role pretty nicely, but I agree that Olyphant is a great actor.
Pissed Off?
2007-06-27, 2:41 PM #38
Originally posted by Antony:
Hey, at least they decided to NOT go with Vin Diesel.

That would have been horrific. :gonk:
2007-06-27, 3:51 PM #39
Daniel Day Lewis would have been my ideal Hitman.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |

↑ Up to the top!