Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Dark Messiah Might and Magic problems
Dark Messiah Might and Magic problems
2007-06-29, 7:38 AM #1
I just recently bought Dark Messiah of Might and magic, and it's pissing me off. My computer is pretty brand new, top of the line. It could easily run the game. The problem is it constantly crashes! I notice that this happens wayyy more frequently when the weather is unbearably hot, like every half an hour or so. It only crashes when I play the game, never when I'm doing other stuff.

Anyway, that's only one problem. Despite all the crashing, I managed to get to chapter 6 or so. The very beginning of that island with the orcs on in, where you have to go into a sandy underground passage and find a Rope bow. I can't remember what it's called. Anyway, while playing this level, it manages to crash usually halfway through. This normally wouldn't be too much of a problem, but every time I attempt to start the game back up and load my last save, it loads where I was but disables the A.I! It says 'Node graph out of date. Rebuilding..." And then disables the A.I. This only happens on this level. Now, is there a console command to re-enable the A.I.? And is there a way to stop the game from crashing constantly? Thanks. :awesome:
DO NOT WANT.
2007-06-29, 7:58 AM #2
Originally posted by Zell:
I just recently bought Dark Messiah of Might and magic

Well, there's your problem.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2007-06-29, 8:18 AM #3
No no, it's a helluva fun game. Just really unstable. :saddowns:
DO NOT WANT.
2007-06-29, 11:06 AM #4
That's a pretty weird problem.
I've never encountered any such problems in Dark Messiah.
Oh, and fishstickz, you couldn't be more wrong, Dark Messiah is an awesome, awesome game.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2007-06-29, 11:12 AM #5
Originally posted by fishstickz:
Well, there's your problem.

****ing bioshock fanboi
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2007-06-29, 11:29 AM #6
Originally posted by Deadman:
That's a pretty weird problem.
I've never encountered any such problems in Dark Messiah.
Oh, and fishstickz, you couldn't be more wrong, Dark Messiah is an awesome, awesome game.

It is.

Albeit way to short. :P
2007-06-29, 11:30 AM #7
I'm not saying it's a bad game, but it's notorious for being extremely buggy, almost everyone I know that's played it has had serious crashes, corrupted save games and other various glitches and issues.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2007-06-29, 11:31 AM #8
WELL YOU KNOW ME AND I HAVEN'T!

BUT I'M NOT SPECIAL TO YOU ANYMORE!

/wrists
2007-06-29, 11:32 AM #9
I haven't either.
And yes, way too short =[
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2007-06-29, 11:36 AM #10
I wish the slow motion had more elements of bad assery included in it.

Like if you could kill one guy, and in mid air kick his sword into another guy's throat.

THAT would be EPIC.
2007-06-29, 12:37 PM #11
That would indeed be epic. It's still pretty badass when you do impale someone, look at them for a few seconds that seem to go on forever, then kick them off. However, I can't enjoy that epic-ness if I can't get my damn computer to work. :argh:
DO NOT WANT.
2007-06-29, 12:50 PM #12
Defragment your GCF's.

And you better not be using SteamEmu or else...
2007-06-29, 1:01 PM #13
Originally posted by Rob:
I wish the slow motion had more elements of bad assery included in it.

Like if you could kill one guy, and in mid air kick his sword into another guy's throat.

THAT would be EPIC.

badassery strikes again!
Pissed Off?
2007-06-29, 1:06 PM #14
Originally posted by Reid:
Defragment your GCF's.

And you better not be using SteamEmu or else...

Do you just mean regular Steam by that, or is SteamEmu a real program? If it is, I'm not using it.

And what do you mean Defrag my GCFs? Defrag my greatest common factors? :gonk:
DO NOT WANT.

↑ Up to the top!