Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Resident Evil 4 for Wii is how a Wii shooter should be done.
Resident Evil 4 for Wii is how a Wii shooter should be done.
2007-06-30, 10:16 PM #1
Awesome port. They nailed the control scheme perfectly. Basically you control all movement and looking with the stick, and the Wiimote IR sensor is solely for aiming on the screen. If you're in aiming mode, the stick controls where you're looking, and the IR sensor moves your crosshair within the area you're currently viewing. It works very well, way better than how Red Steel tried to do it. Everything else about the game is pretty much the same. There are some gesture based controls thrown in, like in the cutscene events or to escape the grasp of an enemy. Gestures also control reloading and knife attacks, but you can also do these with button combinations if you'd prefer.

If you've never played RE4 and have a Wii, get it now. If you've played the game before, you may still want to try it since the Wii controls make it so much better (you can use the GC or classic controllers too, but I don't know why you'd want to). Best part I think is that it's only $30, and it has all of the things present in every version of the game (the superior graphics of the Gamecube version and the extra game modes included with the PS2 version).
2007-06-30, 10:19 PM #2
Nice, glad it's so cheap!

I'll have to pick it up.
2007-06-30, 10:26 PM #3
/me waits for Joncy's rant about how the Wiimote is useless crap

I'm interested in it for sure. Is it laggy at all?
2007-06-30, 10:34 PM #4
Originally posted by Cool Matty:
/me waits for Joncy's rant about how the Wiimote is useless crap

I'm interested in it for sure. Is it laggy at all?

Nope, it's perfectly fluid. And the crosshair is always present, so you can aim before you even have your weapon drawn and be ready to shoot as soon as the weapon is drawn. Only exception is the rifle, which still uses the control stick to aim because it's scoped.
2007-06-30, 11:11 PM #5
It looks slightly better than the GC game because it runs in 480p and 16:9. It plays the same except aiming is a lot better. It's the definitive version of the game for sure.
Think while it's still legal.
2007-07-01, 12:16 AM #6
I didn't realize this was out already. I have been wanting to play through RE4 again. Hmm...
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2007-07-01, 12:27 AM #7
is it worth getting if you already own another version?
2007-07-01, 7:20 AM #8
last time i was looking at wii games I was thinking of RE4...

now its a debate between transformers and this I guess on what next
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2007-07-01, 7:39 AM #9
Originally posted by genk:
last time i was looking at wii games I was thinking of RE4...

now its a debate between transformers and this I guess on what next

Transformers didn't get such hot reviews. Apparently it's just one of those short and repetitive, trying to be open environment games. Apparently the Wii controls for it suck too.

As far if RE4 is worth getting if you have it already, it guess it depends on your desire to play the game again. If you just have the Gamecube version, then there's about 6-7 hours of extra missions and such you've missed out on that the Wii version has.
2007-07-01, 8:48 AM #10
I bought without really thinking about it, and now I'm realizing I don't want to beat the whole game again for the umpteenth time.
"I'm afraid of OC'ing my video card. You never know when Ogre Calling can go terribly wrong."
2007-07-01, 12:51 PM #11
Looks like I will have to pick this one up, will be the first game I have bought since Wii was launched and I got Excite Truck and Twilight Princess :awesome:
"Honey, you got real ugly."
2007-07-01, 1:02 PM #12
Loving it for the Wii. My hit ratio has gone WAY up lol
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2007-07-01, 1:02 PM #13
Originally posted by llibja:
Looks like I will have to pick this one up, will be the first game I have bought since Wii was launched and I got Excite Truck and Twilight Princess :awesome:

The Godfather is pretty good, and so is Paper Mario.
2007-07-01, 1:06 PM #14
I rented and played through Paper Mario, is The Godfather on Wii any different from the other Godfather games released before it?
"Honey, you got real ugly."
2007-07-01, 1:07 PM #15
They added some stuff to it mission wise, and added more melee moves with their own finishers.

The graphics are a little better and I think the fighting is pretty fun.
2007-07-01, 3:11 PM #16
I'll add a vote to RE4 Wii being the definitive version. Definitely a well done port. I'm on my second play-through now. Trying to get the Chicago Typewriter.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2007-07-02, 11:33 AM #17
RE4 for the wii is amazing. Go buy it if you have a wii.
2007-07-03, 8:43 AM #18
I've had my Wii since February and have yet to buy a game other than Wii Play. Looks like this'll break that streak. Haven't played RE4, and the price is right, so I think I'll go for it.
2007-07-03, 10:22 AM #19
Why does it put the game in a smallerbox on my TV?
2007-07-04, 5:10 PM #20
Already own RE4 so I won't be buying this (don't own a Wii either), but the Wii version still make you stand still to aim and shoot right? Also do they ramp up the difficulty due to the Wiimote making aimming easier?
2007-07-04, 5:15 PM #21
I wouldn't imagine that you would have to stay still, you still have the nunchuck.
nope.
2007-07-04, 6:16 PM #22
Whenever you aim you are standing still.

The guns still seem to kick, but don't physically cause the cursor to move.

The Wii version has all of the extra content that the PS2 version got, which provides alot of added backstory.

Besides, even though I've beaten RE4 on gamecube atleast 5 times playing through on Wii feels like a totally different experience. It's ALOT more fun.
2007-07-06, 2:18 PM #23
Does it have co-op?
2007-07-06, 2:41 PM #24
No. :(
2007-07-06, 2:57 PM #25
:gbk:

↑ Up to the top!