Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → GameSpy Fallout 3 preview...
GameSpy Fallout 3 preview...
2007-07-01, 4:20 PM #1
...paints the game in a more positive light (for me, at least) than that GI article.

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/fallout-3/800771p1.html
http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=721432&st=0&start=0
幻術
2007-07-01, 4:24 PM #2
How could the game informer preview NOT paint the game in a better light?

This game is going to rock.
2007-07-01, 4:28 PM #3
GI's preview was written by a hack. He was going for a gonzo-type style, but ended up butchering the atmosphere and ended up making the game sound like Quake 5. It wasn't clever, and felt like he was going for a 14 year old target audience. Not that I mind Quake or 14 year olds, but neither has anything to do with Fallout. Least he could've done is read Fallout 1's manual and write it in a style similar to that. EDIT: And that's not to mention that it was fuzzy on FT and BoS storylines being canon and whether there'd be a dialogue tree or not.
幻術
2007-07-01, 4:38 PM #4
Uhmm, no?

These articles seem pretty much exactly the same.

They talk about the first few moment of the game, say it looks nice, throw about some pictures.
2007-07-01, 4:53 PM #5
Only in the same way Voltaire's Henriade and Puff Daddy's lyrics book are the same. They both are books, have words, and are more or less poems. I'm not saying GameSpy's article is especially good or anything, I'm just saying that whoever wrote the GI article was (and chances are, still is) a talentless hack.
幻術
2007-07-01, 5:07 PM #6
These articles are BASICALLY THE SAME.

They discuss THE SAME CONCEPTS, in almost THE EXACT SAME WAY.

They even use the same pictures it would seem.

You suck more at writing than SAJN_Master.
2007-07-01, 5:17 PM #7
The GI article had me creaming my shorts. Besides, who gives a flying **** who wrote an article when the game is being made by the folks who made Oblivion?
Pissed Off?
2007-07-01, 5:18 PM #8
My second post in the thread explains the exact reasons why the article left a bad impression on me. Key phrases: butchering the atmosphere, wasn't clever, 14 year old target audience, (if he was going for Gonzo style) least he could've done is read Fallout 1's manual. And what does me "sucking at writing" have to do with anything?
幻術
2007-07-01, 5:18 PM #9
Oblivion wasn't that good after playing it. :/
2007-07-01, 5:22 PM #10
And BTW, **** you too.
幻術
2007-07-01, 5:35 PM #11
Originally posted by Koobie:
My second post in the thread explains the exact reasons why the article left a bad impression on me. Key phrases: butchering the atmosphere, wasn't clever, 14 year old target audience, (if he was going for Gonzo style) least he could've done is read Fallout 1's manual. And what does me "sucking at writing" have to do with anything?

The articles were essentially the same.
2007-07-02, 1:40 AM #12
Originally posted by Avenger:
The GI article had me creaming my shorts. Besides, who gives a flying **** who wrote an article when the game is being made by the folks who made Oblivion?

Oblivion gets very boring very quick. I have much higher hopes for Fallout 3
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2007-07-02, 3:26 AM #13
Quote:
"For our purposes, neither Fallout Tactics nor Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel happened."

<3
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2007-07-02, 4:03 AM #14
Fallout Tactics was a good game :(

I didn't really think Oblivion was all that great, to be honest. It looked pretty, fair enough, but it only actually hooked me long enough to finish the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild quests. I think I got two missions into the main storyline before I couldn't be bothered with it anymore.

I'm looking forward to this now that I've seen both this and the GI article. It's good to know Bethesda realise what kind of property they've got on their hands.
2007-07-02, 6:27 AM #15
What the hell, I thought they just announced Fallout 3...

...oh well, still a reminder that I have to play through Fallout (again) and Fallout 2.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum

↑ Up to the top!