Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Guitarist ripped off
Guitarist ripped off
2007-07-01, 9:38 PM #1
The guitarist of Jupiter Blue recently had all of his equipment ripped off.

Copied myspace bulletin below;

As some of you may be aware, I recently had my vehicle and every single piece of music equipment I own stolen after a show, from right off of Sunset Blvd. To make matters even more difficult, I was insured with only liability insurance, so it's a total loss.
The car, I could care less about. It served its purpose in getting me to California a few years ago. But the musical equipment is another story altogether. I lost two guitars, my amplifiers, pedals, and years worth of accessories. Most of this gear I have spent since my mid teens accumulating, and it's everything I need to keep performing and playing music. I'm attaching a few pictures of my guitars, and I ask that all of you in the Hollywood area keep your eyes open for them in pawn shops, music stores that handle used equipment, or your local drug dealers houses. Any information or leads would be greatly appreciated.

[http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/9259/img3453lh1.jpg]
[http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/6254/madbuths7.jpg]
[http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/6872/jupiterblue104mj1.jpg]

The guitar in the top picture is a 1992 Epiphone Les Paul Studio.. Unmistakeable because of the Silver Sparkle finish. There is a huge chip in the paint near the cord jack on the bottom.

The guitar pictured in the other two pics is a 1986 Les Paul Studio. This guitar has been through hell and back with me, has PLENTY of wear and tear. It is faded to a pretty hideous yellow/bone color, hence the name BUTTERS that is on the bottom of the guitar.

The amp was a Hughes & Kettner MKii Triamp.. This one would also be very easy to find, due to the fact that the Blue Lamp that is supposed to light up inside the amp, did not work. I had just purchased this amp, and used it for only one show before it was ripped off. So again, anyone that sees a "steal of a deal" on a Hughes & Kettner Triamp, because of the lamp being out. That is likely my amp.

Also stolen was a Marshall 1960a 4x12 speaker cabinet, with the word ORANGE spray painted on the back in orange. It would be fairly rough to cover the spray paint with black without many many coats, so I'm sure the ****ers will just try to move it as is.

There were also numerous floor effects pedals, that could turn up anywhere, most notably:

-BOSS TU-2 tuner pedal
-Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
-BOSS GE-7 Equalizer pedal
-MXR Phase 90 Phaser Pedal
-BOSS DD-3 Digital Delay Pedal
-BOSS CH-1 Chorus Pedal
-Electro Harmonix Micro Synth Pedal

all of these pedals were attached and wired to a Furman SP-B8 Pedal board in a soft shell case.

Please keep your eyes out for any word of this gear..

[http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/1184/pedalboardjh1.jpg]
Shot at 2007-06-29

----------------------------------------

If you know or see anything, please send the info to Jupiter Blue over the myspace.

http://www.myspace.com/jupiterblue
2007-07-01, 9:41 PM #2
Dude that really sucks :/ Good luck to him.
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2007-07-01, 9:48 PM #3
It's an especially ****ed up thing to steal a musician's instruments. :(

I don't even really like the band and this is REALLY upsetting to me.
2007-07-02, 1:25 AM #4
poor guy

i remember when Streetlight Manifesto got robbed TWICE in one tour
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2007-07-02, 5:04 AM #5
Originally posted by genk:
poor guy

And the Bass player of the band they were touring with got imprisoned for mugging some guy.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2007-07-02, 5:35 AM #6
Men Women and Children were robbed too.
2007-07-02, 6:50 AM #7
That sux. I bet he doesn't even have the serial numbers on his gear, though.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2007-07-02, 7:06 AM #8
Unfortunatly, if you follow music sites, this seems to happen all the time with artists. I keep seeing it more and more. It pisses me off to no end, but there's very little chance of catching the guy(s) sadly.
2007-07-02, 7:29 AM #9
Originally posted by genk:
poor guy

Yeah, but then they got to go on the Please Stop Robbing Us tour. :P
nope.
2007-07-02, 7:55 AM #10
Originally posted by Demon_Nightmare:
Unfortunatly, if you follow music sites, this seems to happen all the time with artists. I keep seeing it more and more. It pisses me off to no end, but there's very little chance of catching the guy(s) sadly.

True, but if you have the serial numbers, you can often recover the gear.
For example, in the local paper Saturday, the cops arrested a dude that broke into several churches and stole a buttload of guitars and gear. The gear was sold a some pawn shops in other cities, but it was all recovered.
2007-07-02, 9:24 AM #11
I had a one of a kind, vintage guitar stolen from my dorm room 5 years ago. I knew the serial # and I haven't seen it since. :'(

People who steal things suck.
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
2007-07-02, 7:19 PM #12
I wonder why he wasn't insured against that...
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2007-07-02, 7:21 PM #13
Originally posted by Tracer:

I thought he said it was in his car, and all he had was liability insurance. All I have is liability insurance too.
2007-07-02, 9:31 PM #14
Originally posted by Tracer:

Struggling bands have no moneys?
2007-07-03, 5:58 AM #15
I gots no dallars.

↑ Up to the top!